Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Release: WASHINGTON REDSKINS SIGN GUARD RICK DEMULLING

JimmiJo

PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release

September 20, 2007

WASHINGTON REDSKINS SIGN GUARD RICK DEMULLING

Ashburn, VA – The Washington Redskins announce today that they have signed guard Rick DeMulling.

DeMulling (6-4, 310) is in his seventh NFL season out of Idaho. He played in 14 games with seven starts last season in Detroit and has played in a total of 75 games with 53 starts in his NFL career.

Originally selected by Indianapolis in the seventh round of the 2001 NFL draft, DeMulling spent his first four NFL seasons with the Colts before signing as a free agent with the Lions prior to the 2005 season. He played in 13 games with five starts in 2005 with Detroit. During his four seasons with the Colts, DeMulling played in 48 games with 41 starts.

A native of Cheney, WA, he collegiately at Idaho, where he was a four-year starter and three-time All-Big West performer.

DeMulling will wear jersey #75.

In addition, the Redskins announce that they have released WR Shaun Bodiford.

I think we all saw this, a signing, coming. Sounds like a stable veteran with at the very least some credible experience. Besides the false starts, fabini looked good enough, so I'm not sure if Demulling will compete for a starting job. The offensive line signings from the front office both in Wade and Kendall have been crucial to the team, so we have no reason to doubt this signing right:whew:

Rick Demulling would be great for depth purposes as he has some NFL experience. However, Kili Lefotu would have been great for depth as well despite not having NFL experience and being waived by the Skins before the start of the 2007 NFL Season.

Lefotu is on the practice squad......he's a work in progress and clearly didn't get "called up" b/c he's still pretty green and not ready to even be a depth guy on the active roster.

Joe Bugel will make him better and maybe worthy of starting (if he isn't starting already, once he knows the offense that is). Only time will tell...
Yes, Joe Bugel will make the 7 year veteran better. :rolleyes:

I'm not knocking ol Buges, but it would be a little more impressive if one of the young bucs, like Lefotu could have been coached up to the active roster. :2cents:

Edit: BTW, I do like the signing.

I'm not knocking ol Buges, but it would be a little more impressive if one of the young bucs, like Lefotu could have been coached up to the active roster. :2cents:

Well, the problem with Lefotu now is that he's played a full season in NFL-E. No doubt that weighs in the decision. Also, it is a good thing to be able to keep a guy in reserve in a "free" roster spot.

Jason

Archived