Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some players do not like 75th Anniversary Jerseys

fuji869

I hate the yellow helmets.

I thought the Yellow "R" helmets were dull, and we only wore them for two years.

It was Lombardi trying to turn us into the Packers.

BTW< I also hate when they wax philosophically about the great Redskins coaches, and Lombardi's name pops up,, he's a great coach, but come on, he coached here ONE year.

May as well count Jack Pardee up there. He at least won coach of the year here.

Channel 9 had a promo all during preseason they kept running, "the great coaches.." and Lombardi came up first... look, all that shows me is whoever your video editor is at channel 9 doesn't have a clue, and he looked in a history book and saw the name.

ONE year here. NOT part of our tradition and history.

~Bang

it was only one year, but he did lead us to our first winning season in 16 seasons.

I think it'll be fun to see them with the R. I became a fan in 1971, and they wore the helmet then. I'm also a big Sonny fan, and whenever I picture him in my mind, he has that helmet on. It's not going to kill us to wear the R for a game or two.

That patch however, I'm not real crazy about. It's dull. I think the 70th patch is a better looking patch.

Anyway, like somebody said earlier, they can wear tutus, as long as they win. Just win. We're due for a nice run here.

I dig 'em. Any player who doesn't like them should look at the Eagles' throwbacks and consider himself lucky.

Good call! At least we have some options. The Lions throwback with the plain helmet are stupid, the Steelers weren't looking that great in their throwbacks. The Giants just have the ugliest uniforms in the league with those gray pants and white and red shirts, the helmet is fine but the rest is awful.

I dig 'em. Any player who doesn't like them should look at the Eagles' throwbacks and consider himself lucky.

Amen brother, Amen. I like the uni's. It's only a few games. The Eagles have the worst throwbacks, they are putrid. The Steelers are very sharp looking too. :gaintsuck

I thought the Yellow "R" helmets were dull, and we only wore them for two years.

BTW< I also hate when they wax philosophically about the great Redskins coaches, and Lombardi's name pops up,, he's a great coach, but come on, he coached here ONE year.

Channel 9 had a promo all during preseason they kept running, "the great coaches.." and Lombardi came up first... look, all that shows me is whoever your video editor is at channel 9 doesn't have a clue, and he looked in a history book and saw the name.

~Bang

Damn, Bang! Have you had your coffee yet this morning? Trashing the ghost of St. Vincent is no way to make friends.

~Bang

I think you are under emphasizing the effect that Vince had on the Redskins franchise psyche. We had been a losing franchise for so long but Lombardi brought a winning attitude and showed everybody what it took to be a winner. I agree he shouldn't mentioned first when talking about great Redskin coaches but he definitely had a profound effect on the Skins organization. Ask Sonny Jurgensen about Vince.

By the way, I agree with you on the helmets. I hated them when we wore them originally and I hate them now. I like the jerseys but the helmets are and were ugly IMO. I'll take the spear if we are going to do retro.

Archived