Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why the Giant game worries me!

tiny11

Hopefully I can reply to Tiny in a language he understands...

The Giants have no defense, no running game, and no passing game(kind of). Their entire gameplan is quite simple, throw the ball up to Burress. Thats it. Double Burress and the Giants are hopeless. If we cannot beat them we definately dont deserve to. Especially not at home.

I know the Giant's have not had the greatest season so far, but I think they create match up problems for the Redskins. We can pretend all we want in reference to the ability of the Redskins corners, but they are average at best. Every time I see Carlos Rogers running down the field, I only see the back of his shirt trying to catch up with the receivers, Burress, Shockey, and Toomer are formidable receivers and the Redskins corners will have their hands full. Also, with a depleted offensive line, we had better have a plan for Strahan and Umenyiora. Although Strahan has not had the greatest season so far, he will be up for this game at 0-2. Do not get it twisted, I am a huge Redskins fan, but I am also honest enough to acknowledge their weaknesses. If the defensive line does not get any pressure on Eli, this could end up like another Cowboys/Giants fiasco.

Bring on the hate comments!!!

Okay..........................Well, should we stay home Sunday then?:laugh:

Guarantee Gnats first possession they'll go long to Burress or Toomer to try and take the 12th man out. They came very close before at FedEx but Burress bobbled the ball at the goal line. I hope this is obvious to GW.

Yeah i think they try that long pass to Burress early in all of their games

tiny11,

It's a shame you didn't feel you could come here on the level. Your service is much appreciated ... but your deceit is a bore.

We have no problem with most fans of other teams posting here, we're just not real crazy about ones who pose as Redskins fans. Makes it pretty clear they're not here for football talk, just to stir the pot. Maybe this is your intent, but right now, truth is you're indistinguishable from the hundreds of trolls who pass this way, who inevitably wear out their welcome and disappear, soon to be forgotten.

Love to have you stick around and be an actual, you know, person. Talk some football. Engage honestly.

On the other hand, if you choose to keep playing the cliched internet hard ass, have a great life and tell Louise we said hi on your way over the edge.

Redskins are going to get a game from the Giants. I don't expect this to be a blowout. NY is basically playing for its season on Sunday. A fall to 0-3 and they are just about out of it with their injury problems.

At the same time the Redskins seem to have bonded as a team and despite their own injuries developed a real sense of confidence in what they can do together.

When you get that kind of synergy on a team in the NFL it usually augurs well for the season.

That said, I see the Redskins winning this one in the second half of a fairly close game.

Redskins 28, Giants 21.

based on how the team has responded to the injuries that have already hit the club, I see some resiliency there and I don't think a loss to the Giants is going to shatter hopes for the season inside the Park.

that said, I don't think the Redskins will lose the game. Yes, the Giants have two tall receivers that can and probably will give the Skins some matchup problems on defense.

but the Giants are also weaker than a year ago in a number of areas, most notably in the backfield where 65% of the Giants offense (Tiki Barber) is no longer there.

the other area weakened by injury is the DL. Umenyiora is out. Joseph is hurt as well. Strahan missed all of camp and the preseason and still not in football shape.

those factors will allow the Redskins to focus on Manning and the passing game on defense while on offense Portis and Betts should be able to open things up for the Campbell to Moss connection downfield :)

since Gibbs' return the NFC East has been a difficult backyard to win games in for the Redskins outside of the 2005 season. we were 1-5 last year and the one win was the 'miracle' ending on the Vincent block and Taylor run with the ball down the field against Dallas.

that said, in the games Campbell started against the Giants and Eagles the Redskins were competitive on that side of the ball and in both cases the defense gave the games away.

hopefully, that will not be the case in 2007 :)

Redskins are going to get a game from the Giants. I don't expect this to be a blowout. NY is basically playing for its season on Sunday. A fall to 0-3 and they are just about out of it with their injury problems.

At the same time the Redskins seem to have bonded as a team and despite their own injuries developed a real sense of confidence in what they can do together.

When you get that kind of synergy on a team in the NFL it usually augurs well for the season.

That said, I see the Redskins winning this one in the second half of a fairly close game.

Redskins 28, Giants 21.

Yeah, I expect some desperation. And I expect our secondary to get tested a lot more than it has been. I don't see the G-Men trying to do the "run the ball and dink and dunk" routine. I expect a bunch of Hail Marys. And the bad news is, they don't have to get lucky often for those to work.

No matter the record, the Giants always give us a hard time. I expect nothing less come Sunday.

Great post...can you even remember the last time we blew New York out? In fact, I think we've only defeated them once since Gibbs came back...

I could be wrong, but I think they swept us in 2004 (though I think the games were relatively close). We split in 2005 (getting blown out in New York and winning a back-and-forth game in DC). We got swept last year (again losing badly in NY and losing despite a nice comeback bid here).

In some ways, we might be due for a big win...but I just don't see it. I hope we keep it going....2-0 in the division this early would be HUGE!

actually the game in DC that year wasn't that competitive at 35-20 :)

the Redskins have had a tough time with the Giants because traditionally the Giants have won the matchups up front on defense with Strahan and Co. shutting down the run and getting pressure on the qbs.

the Giants this year have some holes on defense.

I am very surprised the Giants did not draft or make a major trade for a running back as the Ravens did to take Tiki Barber's place.

Thomas Jones from the Bears who ran for 1,200 yards last year in Chicago would have been a nice pickup for them.

Instead, in a bizarre move they signed Reuben Droughns. The Browns gave up on Droughns after just one season.

Apologize for the font color. Unlike many of you, I do not live my life on the Redskins website. Equally important, to the moron who referenced my intellect, I am in Graduate school, and have a six figure salary. What about you, McDonalds I would imagine? Do you need a job?

Hail Hail!!

Oh yeh well do you still use the drive-thru at the bank? Cooley does:laugh: :laugh:

I think you meant to say:

"I know the Giant's have not had the greatest season so far, but I think they create match up problems for the Redskins. We can pretend all we want in reference to the ability of the Redskins corners, but they are average at best. Every time I see Carlos Rogers running down the field, I only see the back of his shirt trying to catch up with the receivers, Burress, Shockey, and Toomer are formidable receivers and the Redskins corners will have their hands full. Also, with a depleted offensive line, we had better have a plan for Strahan and Umenyiora. Although Strahan has not had the greatest season so far, he will be up for this game at 0-2. Do not get it twisted, I am a huge Redskins fan, but I am also honest enough to acknowledge their weaknesses. If the defensive line does not get any pressure on Eli, this could end up like another Cowboys/Giants fiasco."

All that needed to be said.

after i decyphered your code there, I rolled my eyes. ESPN basically says we're going to blow them out of the water. ESPN! even my cowboys friends say its likely the skins could be 6-3 or 7-2 by the time we play the cowboys. that is saying something. the giants are hoplessly out of their league. (knocks on wood)

Consider me Bruce Willis. I wlll be the red neck weighing close to 300lbs dressed in blue cheering for the Giants. Also, I will be hoping that just one of those DC THUGS says anything insulting to me!!

Hail Hail

Are the facts that you're obese and a redneck supposed to be intimidating in some sort of way? Why did you bother to sign up and stir the pot on a Redskins fan site? Loser.

Archived