Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2-0 Starts w/ starting QBs in there first season

fuji869

The last 2 times the Redskins started 2-0 w/ QBs going into there first season as starters was:

Jay Schroeder in 1986

41-14 Vs. Philadelphia

10-6 Vs. Los Angeles Raiders

Patrick Ramsey in 2003

16-13 Vs. New York Jets

33-31 @ Atlanta

I hope we have a result similar to 1986 then 2003. :fingersx:

The big difference between those two years is that in 1986 we had an impressive division win. In 2003 we started 3-2, but the two losses were against division opponents. If you can't beat the teams that you are most familiar with, and that are the most familiar with you, you aren't going to go too far.

I hope that the difference would be that Campbell would keep his starting job. No QB controversy like there was between Jay and Doug please!

But I'd gladly take the Superbowl win. :)

no controversy in 86...Schroeder made the pro bowl and the Skins went to the NFC championship game(a very forgettable game up in New York).

The last 2 times the Redskins started 2-0 w/ QBs going into there first season as starters was:

Jay Schroeder in 1986

41-14 Vs. Philadelphia

10-6 Vs. Los Angeles Raiders

Patrick Ramsey in 2003

16-13 Vs. New York Jets

33-31 @ Atlanta

I hope we have a result similar to 1986 then 2003. :fingersx:

Week 3 of 2003 we also played the Giants at home....but this time we will win.

Ramsey would have had 4,000 yards 30 TD's and 10 INT's that year guranteed.

If you recall he was leading the NFL in passing going in to week 3 so that tells you something about his ability. However if you list the number of injuries and times he was hit that year, it's enough to make you cringe.

Great QB too bad Snyder wasted his talent with that joke of a coach.

ramsey was terrible and u knew he was never going to be a good qb.. No poise and terrible footwork

I agree that his footwork was bad, but he had tremendous poise. He was never scared of getting hit. I don't remember the game, but when Patrick Ramsey ducked the sure-fire sack to rocket a ball 30 yds downfield showed a lot to me.

I honestly believe that if he had the line we have had the last 3 years when he first came into the league he would be our franchise QB.

I agree that his footwork was bad, but he had tremendous poise. He was never scared of getting hit. I don't remember the game, but when Patrick Ramsey ducked the sure-fire sack to rocket a ball 30 yds downfield showed a lot to me.

I honestly believe that if he had the line we have had the last 3 years when he first came into the league he would be our franchise QB.

he had terrible poise.. He has the guts to stand in the pocket but thats it.. He held onto the ball too long and threw obvious INTS

Archived