Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Brandon Lloyd Optimism and Motivation Thread

AceSkinsFan

He's not in my good graces right now either, but let's take a different approach here. Some of us spend a majority of our time bashing Lloyd and for the most part it's been well deserved. So...let's try something different this time.

We've got the Giants coming up...if there was ever a chance for Brandon Lloyd to step up and have a big game this is it. So instead of our usual jabs, let's motivate him this week. I think he can really come in and make plays against this secondary. Maybe this is the turning point game for Lloyd. The guy has the ability, he just needs to be motivated.

Who's with me?

:point2sky

I'm just amazed that for a reserve player that there is so much attention on him. I mean, I think this is the 4th thread on Lloyd since last night.

The simple facts: he's the #3 WR on a team that hasn't really used the 3rd WR much in games. Fact is, no matter who the #3 WR was on the field (either Lloyd or Thrash), the player hasn't been thrown to.

That's all.

Jason

Brandon Lloyd has lost his focus and passion... He seems distracted and is "trying" too hard to live up to our expectations instead of just stepping on the field and playing "football". He needs to relax and let the game come to him and then make plays when given the chance. Sometimes he reminds me of Taylor Jacobs (at least Michael Westbrook caught touchdown passes).

On the one deep pass thrown to him when he had an opportunity to play against the Eagles, last night, he chased the ball all the way through the end zone, even diving for it out of bounds, just to show the coaches that he is willing and ready to lay himself on the line when given the opportunity. I still believe that he can turn it around, but it may be too late (Reche Caldwell is currently digesting the playbook and patiently waiting in the wings). If BL gets cut from the Redskins, his career may be over.

What he needs to do now is practice very hard, like his life depended on it, and hopefully convince the coaches to give him another chance. It is Al Saunders job to find out what BL does best and run specific plays designed to get him active in the game and a chance to be successful (quick slants, WR screen etc).

Eventually, I would like to see us spread the field at some point using 4 or 5 WR's. This may be the only way BL gets on the field again. I know that this 4/5 package must exist somewhere in that 700 page hard cover playbook!

:gaintsuck

Caldwell was drafted 2nd round 2002, 5 years with the Chargers he did nothing. 1 season with the Pats as Tom Brady's #1. he got cut... maybe after playing with (2) Probowl Qb's the problem is he's not good. I dont get why people are high on a guy who hasnt done ANYTHING, his best year was credit to probably the best QB in NFL history and he got cut after 1 season after being beat out by (2) 5'8 journeymen WR's whats wrong with ES members to think Caldwell wont be cut before the end of this season as well :2cents:

the 49ers wish they could still have BL, no one since he was traded has produced at the WR spot. BL had noodle arm K Dorsey and wet behind the ears A Smith and HE BALLED OUT. The redskins just havent found away to use BL but that should change now that Noodle arm Brunell is on the bench :2cents:

Archived