Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Growing nostalgic for Dennis Miller, that’s bad.

DirtyGunz8

I was watching a round house discussion on ESPN’s MNF and a football game broke out, or at least I think one did.

I know the days of Madden and his yellow doodles are over. And some found him annoying , but Lord. That was the worst MNF commentating I’ve ever seen!

I almost wanted to say, bring back Dennis Miller and the "Big deal, so he scored. The last time I saw someone dance like that I had to pay her $20 and have my pants dry cleaned the next day."quotes.

Growing nostalgic for Dennis Miller, that’s bad. At least they would show the game with him. I like to be able to have the choice to tune out the announcers. Last night it was immpossible. The saving Grace was the final score and watch Skins D.

:2cents:

I dont know about Dennis Miller, but that was by far the worst commentating I have ever seen. I hate Barkley in Bball, why the hell do I want to hear him in football? He is a moron who thinks he knows everything, and just kept talking about basketball. THIS IS FOOTBALL. The whole quarter he was there I was getting more and more pissed off, it was bad before but when he got there it was just plain awful. Why do I want to watch 4 guys in a booth either. Usually they show them in the booth for a couple seconds, they were flashing to the plays like the game was the backdrop...horrible

I don't mind the banter these guys have in the booth - they have some good chemistry developing and the FUN comes through - as long as it doesn't overshadow the play on the field. Unfortunately, last night the game became secondary at times.

Prime example: They started in on the prepackaged discussion of Andy Reid's-off-the-field woes, and ignored the play on the field, including a monster hit by Sean Taylor that otherwise would have been a highlight of the broadcast. But they didn't want to interrupt the psychoanalysis of Andy Reid's family troubles to comment on it or show it on replay. :doh:

Everytime someone applauds Jaworski, I want to kick him.....I can stand the way he talks....

I thought Jaworski was pretty objective about the game for an Ex-Iggle. Unlike Emmitt Smith, Parcells and MeShawn Johnson who all picked the Iggles to win.

Dennis Miller was annoying and should not be on TV ever again.

I thought the broadcast team did okay. I know he was a Redskin, but I never liked Theisman up there, for me Jaws was better.

And I love Sir Charles. I think he is insightful and humorous. He was harping on the "McNabb and Reid don't get enough respect" thing too much, but aside from that I thought it was good.

I do agree that it sucked that they didn't show more replays of that monster hit by Sean Taylor.

Archived