Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Offensive and Defensive Rankings as of week 2

authentic

As of the completion of week 2 the Redskins are currently:

#10 in all the NFL and #4 in the NFC in total offense @ 368.5 ypg.

#16 in all the NFL and #7 in the NFC in total defense @306.5 ypg.

obviously, this is a much better start than last season. Hopefully the trend will continue. :D

We had 400 yards of offense against Miami, and over 300 yesterday. Those numbers can't be right.

I just checked ESPN, we're 10th in offense at 365.5 yards per game, and 16th in defense at 306.5. He had the numbers basically right, just switched offense and defense around.

Are you sure that's not just about yesterday's game?

Miami didn't get that many yards that the Eagles and Miami averaged almost 400, did they?

You wouldn't get a .5 in the stats for one game. Its averaged.

vs. Miami: 273 yards by miami offense vs. 400 yards by redskins offense

vs. Philly: 340 yards by philly offense vs. 337 yards by redskins offense

I think his numbers are backwards.

We're 6 in the league in scoring defense. (I'm amazed. There's 5 teams out there that've given up less points than we have? The Steelers have given up 10 total?)

But we're #20 in scoring offense.

(Although the Giants may really help our stats. They've been giving up 40 points per game.)

We're 6 in the league in scoring defense. (I'm amazed. There's 5 teams out there that've given up less points than we have? The Steelers have given up 10 total?)

But we're #20 in scoring offense.

(Although the Giants may really help our stats. They've been giving up 40 points per game.)

theyve also shown the ability to score a ton of points. this giants game will not be a cake walk. theyre have a lot of talent on offense and a lot to prove...but their defense really does suck

Early season yardage rankings aren't terribly instructive, especially after only two games.

Here are the stats that impress me:

In two games, the Skins defense has given up only 25 points. Only 5 teams have given up fewer.

The Skins defense is leading the league in third down conversion percentage in the first two games.

The defense is 2nd in the league in yards per pass attempt.

Offensively, they are 4th in the league in rushing yards and third in rushing attempts.

They are 6th in yards per pass attempt.

They are 4th in the league at converting on 3rd down.

Those are the positive stats. Plenty of room for improvement, but some good early signs. They need to get into the positive with the takeaway/giveaway ration. That one is absolutely key to success over the long haul.

Archived