Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What this game has shown us...

Skins24

- We are so close to having an explosive offense. Frustratingly close. If we can get a few issues down (timing, drops) it's possible we could see several '05 49er type games.

- We CAN win by throwing the ball. All week all we heard was the Skins are going to pound the rock, the Skins need to pound the rock. What do we do? We come out firing. Of course until the issues mentioned above are resolved running does give us the best chance to win. But if needs be, we can pass.

- Apparently the bend don't break defense works. Since the beginning of preseason our starting defense has only allowed 2 TDs.

- We have a kicker!

- We need to send our DBs to catching camp or something.

Feel free to add more....

The bend don't break does seem to work at this point and I think we'll see more than JUST that approach (as we saw blitzes tonight) as we face more complex (or more healthy) offenses. It just won't work against EVERY opponent.

I am interested to see this D in two more weeks.

The bend don't break does seem to work at this point and I think we'll see more than JUST that approach (as we saw blitzes tonight) as we face more complex (or more healthy) offenses. It just won't work against EVERY opponent.

I am interested to see this D in two more weeks.

I hate the prevent defense. It cost us a lot of games last year and it will hurt us this year too, unless of course we are ahead by 24 with 9 minutes to go.

Our D looked it's best tonight when in the bump and cover man to man. No daylight so no deep passes and 3 sacks too.

-The red zone defense has been OUTSTANDING...

-Rocky McIntosh is the real thing...nobody's ****ing about trading up for him now...

-Sean Taylor hasn't forgotten how to hit lol....Holy ****in' cumquats, that hit was ferocious! It made me immediately stand up and walk around laughing, saying "Holy ****, Sean..." over and over again...

-The pass defense is close to stellar when Springs is starting and when they go to man-coverage and press on the line...Seeing McNabb get flustered again and again as to where to throw the ball was beautiful...

-Apparently Jason Campbell DOES attempt to not stare down his receivers...I loved the replay they did showing how his eyes scan the field and don't lock onto his wr.

-As if there was any doubt, Mike Sellers is one bad mf...

-This team seems to have the ability to overcome its own mistakes and injuries...last week, they overcame two INTs by Campbell and an injury to Jansen, tonight they overcame numerous false starts and an injury to Thomas.

Yeah, that Landry play where he had that INT go right through his hands hurt. Why can't our DBs catch?

Carlos Rogers was within 2-3 yards looking right at his hands.

I think he did something to Landry there.

Maybe Rogers is the Area 51 Kryptonite. Good thing he's on the same defense but you don't want him too close when a play can be made.

The Good

- The overthrow by Jason shows that we are willing to go for the kill instead of the run, run, run, punt offense.

- The 2 running back system looks like its working great, both guys looked fresh, Portis is running the ball well, and Betts catching the ball. To bad on the couple of times he tried to run he got hit in the backfield.

- Campbells progression

- Special Teams played very well.

The Bad

- Gibbs is still probably the worst coach in the NFL with time management.

- Santana shows frustration at his QB when the ball is not delivered perfectly, but still drops balls

- Taylor still tackling with his shoulders ( I know you guys love it, but I want to see him wrap up)

-Todd Yoder has a higher Percentage of catches and yards per catch to balls thrown at him than Brandon Lloyd.

-The Jets letting Pete Kendall is looking more and more like the biggest windfall trade for the Redskins since Santana Moss

-ARE's performance against miami was not a fluke

-Sellars Can run outside if he has to

-WRs in the middle of our secondary are going to get pummeled Even Rogers got a few nice sticks in there.

wonder if we could get Denvers Shanohan drunk, get him to trade back Champ. Brunell for Bailey

haha brunell for bailey that made my morning =)

but seriously, campbell has done more in these two games then brunell did all last season it seems. i mean, he's obviously made mistakes, but he's still learning how to play, and play well with this team. once he clicks more with his receivers we are gunna have a ridiculous offense - portis & betts to run and moss and ARE recieving (lloyd who?). and cooley should have another '05 year hopefully. and besides campbell can scramble like hell - so necesary, we lost a lot of yards last year with brunell panicking and throwing the ball away or getting sacked.

god it's such a nice change to feel confident in my team

(& i can't wait to destroy the giants =) ) :gaintsuck

Last night's game showed me that London Fletcher is MONEY! He is obviously the leader of that defense and deservedly so. I feel so much better with him orchestrating back there. Also showed that we are NOT last year's team. We can step up and win even when we miss several interceptions. We needed both of these games (Miami and Philly) and we got 'em. Can't wait for the Giants game in our throwbacks!

Archived