Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MNF Countown crew's opinion on why Gibbs isn't succeeding?

I.M. Fletch

Hey guys, i missed the segment on MNF Countdown where they were talking about why he wasn't succeeding this time around. I saw the clip on the tv screen and Berman saying something about not having the hogs, all the while i was thinking the Skins have a darn good O-line as is. So i wasn't sure what he was getting at. just wanted to know what some of the panelist were saying.

thanks

Hey guys, i missed the segment on MNF Countdown where they were talking about why he wasn't succeeding this time around. I saw the clip on the tv screen and Berman saying something about not having the hogs, all the while i was thinking the Skins have a darn good O-line as is. So i wasn't sure what he was getting at. just wanted to know what some of the panelist were saying.

thanks

He really wasn't overly critical. He mentioned that the winning percentage back then was just incredible and no matter who you are now, chances are you're not going to have that same percentage. Also, he said that he's had to restructure the team from Spurrier's style of offense and the players that fit that. Getting the team younger as opposed to too many what he called "dead end" players in their career was another point. I was kind of surprised to not hear much actual criticism.

Archived