Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dolphins suck, Giants suck, and the Cowboys are better then expected.

Destino

1- The Greenbay team that couldn't do anything on offense against the Ealges looked like the Colts today. As many suspected last week the Giants defense really was terrible. Looking at things right now I can see the Giants easily being last in the NFCE by a wide margain. This could be a 4 win season for them.

2- The Dolphins D that if you can believe extremeskins this past week is amazing. Well the boys did what we couldn't - they beat the hell out of the Dolphins and they did it in Miami. This is the team we struggled with at home. Dallas is going to win the division easy unless the skins find an offense that can score points.

What happens tomorrow night will fill in some more answers as to what he NFC East really looks like. I'm hoping we stomp the Eagles 28-7 and continue to score agains the plushy soft defense of the New York Giants.

1- The Greenbay team that couldn't do anything on offense against the Ealges looked like the Colts today. As many suspected last week the Giants defense really was terrible.

2- The Dolphins D that if you can believe extremeskins this past week is amazing. Well the boys did what we couldn't - they beat the hell out of the Dolphins and they did it in Miami. This is the team we struggled with at home.

What happens tomorrow night will fill in some more answers as to what he NFC East really looks like.

1-True

2-The Dolphins' D had nothing whatsoever to do with Green throwing 4 INTs or for allowing a 49 yard punt return....that's what helped the Cowboys score 37 points, because they were down 13-10 in the 3rd quarter. One of their TD drives (after the punt return) started at the Miami 30, and the very next one (after an INT) started on the Miami 35.

1-True

2-The Dolphins' D had nothing whatsoever to do with Green throwing 4 INTs or for allowing a 49 yard punt return....that's what helped the Cowboys score 37 points, because they were down 13-10 in the 3rd quarter. One of their TD drives (after the punt return) started at the Miami 30, and the very next one (after an INT) started on the Miami 35.

A good D gives up field goals. The skins a few years back were in games they had no business being in because despite mistakes they refused to roll over. Pretending that punt returns and int's equate to instant touchdowns is nonsense.

Scoring in the redzone and turning turnovers into touchdowns is the mark of a good offense. Scoring more then 70 points in two weeks is not a fluke.

2-The Dolphins' D had nothing whatsoever to do with Green throwing 4 INTs or for allowing a 49 yard punt return....that's what helped the Cowboys score 37 points, because they were down 13-10 in the 3rd quarter.

I agree. I was rather unimpressed with the Cowboys offense considering the missteps the Dolphins made on offense. It seemed the Dolphins stayed in the game for a lot longer than they should have been because of their D. Eventually the Cowboys were able to blow it open on a demoralized, run-down Defense.

The game told me a couple things: the Cowboys offense is good (probably top ten), and the Giants defense is atrocious.

Still. Romo sits to pee and Owens + Witten really seem to have chemistry developing. Here's hoping someone knocks TO the heck out ;)

I hope it's Taylor that does it. Can you imagine that dude coming across the middle and just getting knocked the hell out. BAM!! If that happened at home the place would go nuts... then stay quiet while they wheeled him off the field. We aren't Jets fans after all.

Agreed on all counts. The fans here who are rationalizing the Cowboys' offensive success are reeeeaaally stretching, here...

Even if you want to blame Trent Green for throwing picks, then as Redskins fans we still have to ask ourselves why we couldn't take advantage. Face it, the Cowboys offense looks better than ours. If not, then their defense is better than ours. I mean, how come WE couldn't create turnovers like that, and score points like that?

The Cowboys are scaring me. Really, my only hope is that their coach Wilson Phillips(that's their coach's name, right?) makes some famously boneheaded blunder (like benching their star QB for Rob Johnson right before an important playoff game) and then loses and gets fired.

I think that if the Skins' can pull off a win tommorrow night in Philly, it would not only be good for the team, it would be good for the conference and the league as a whole.

The Cowboys vs. Redskins has been a storied rivalry for years. Now imagine if these two teams starting winning again and duking it out for the division week in and week out.

If the Redskins lose, we're going to have to hear how the Eagles still dominate the league blah blah blah. It would basically be the same story line as it has been for the last 5 years............ it would end the same way as well, with the Eagles showing off an empty trophy case at seasons end.

To add on to point #2 lol:

Dallas' yards per play on offense against Miami: 5.4 yards

Skins' yards per play on offense against Miami: 6.5 yards (5.7 without the hail mary pass)

Dallas' pass completion percentage against Miami: 48%

Skins' pass completion percentage against Miami: 57%

Dallas' rushing ypc against Miami: 4.6 ypc

Skins' rushing ypc against Miami: 4.7 ypc

Dallas' passing ypa against Miami (including sacks): 6.4 ypa

Skins' passing ypa against Miami (including sacks): 5.8 ypa

Dallas' three shortest scoring drives: 5 yards, 19 yards, 30 yards

Skins' three shortest scoring drives: 39 yards, 58 yards, 67 yards

The Skins didn't get as many points against Miami, but then again they didn't have as many drives starting inside the Miami 40 yard line, either...in fact, they had zero drives even start on Miami's side of the field, as where Dallas had five drives start inside the Miami 40 in the second half ALONE...and they ALL came after the Dolphins were ahead 13-10.

You want to chalk up Dallas' point total against the Dolphins to them simply having a better offense, go right ahead...you want to use this game to show that the Dolphins defense really isn't all that good, and thus the Skins' offense really isn't very good either, be my guest. But you give the Skins 5 drives inside the Miami 40, and they'll score more than 16 points.

Someone please shoot me in the face for the statement I'm about to make:

The Cowboys look friggin' good. I'm officially worried about them. Romo sits to pee is not sucking as hard as I thought he would. TO hasn't lost anything at all, in fact an offseason of healing for his finger has made him look even better. Their defense without Fergy and Newman still looks punishing, fast, and hungry.

If the Skins pan out like I think they will, the Cowboys/Redskins games this year are going to be instant classics.

The Skins didn't get as many points against Miami, but then again they didn't have as many drives starting inside the Miami 40 yard line, either...in fact, they had zero drives even start on Miami's side of the field, as where Dallas had five drives start inside the Miami 40 in the second half ALONE...and they ALL came after the Dolphins were ahead 13-10.

Guess our defense isnt that bad after all.

But I will admit, we still have a long way to go.

A good D gives up field goals. The skins a few years back were in games they had no business being in because despite mistakes they refused to roll over. Pretending that punt returns and int's equate to instant touchdowns is nonsense.

Dallas had--count with me here--FIVE DRIVES INSIDE THE DOLPHINS' 40 YARD LINE...you give ANY decent offense five starts on a short field like that late in the game when the defenses are getting tired, and they'll score.

And in case you weren't actually watching the game, two of those five drives WERE stopped for field goals...the Miami D kept two drives to 5 and 19 yards. Bad defenses don't do that.

Scoring in the redzone and turning turnovers into touchdowns is the mark of a good offense. Scoring more then 70 points in two weeks is not a fluke.

Nobody said it WAS a fluke....but the main reason they scored 37 was because of the Dolphins' turning the ball over 5 times, NOT because the Cowboys were marching up and down the field. When the Dallas offense was made to start on THEIR side of the field, they managed 10 total points. When they were allowed to start within the Miami 40 yard line, they scores 27.

Good offenses don't need short fields to score lots of points...nor do they need to play against abysmal defenses. Dallas has had the benefit of both.

Someone please shoot me in the face for the statement I'm about to make:

The Cowboys look friggin' good. I'm officially worried about them. Romo sits to pee is not sucking as hard as I thought he would. TO hasn't lost anything at all, in fact an offseason of healing for his finger has made him look even better. Their defense without Fergy and Newman still looks punishing, fast, and hungry.

If the Skins pan out like I think they will, the Cowboys/Redskins games this year are going to be instant classics.

Garrett's offense vs. Williams defense is going to be one for the ages.

I cannot wait.

Skins' yards per play on offense against Miami: 6.5 yards (5.7 without the hail mary pass)

You want to chalk up Dallas' point total against the Dolphins to them simply having a better offense, go right ahead...you want to use this game to show that the Dolphins defense really isn't all that good, and thus the Skins' offense really isn't very good either, be my guest. But you give the Skins 5 drives inside the Miami 40, and they'll score more than 16 points.

This post made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :)

BTW, even though Dallas won, they still suck. That's just the way it is.

Garrett's offense vs. Williams defense is going to be one for the ages.

I cannot wait.

I really thought the Phins would give Dallas a game. They did, for awhile, but then Dallas just pulled away, like great teams tend to do when facing tough opponents. They just started pouring it on in the second half. :(

SPPIIIIIIIIIN THAT **** SON...hahaha!!!!

Both teams got a W off of a Dolphin team that is not very good...pure and simple.

you might want to chalk it up to team effort???

go chart the stats on the flip side... what did Wash allow vs Miami... what did Dal allow vs Miami... I bet that is interesting... I'm sure if you check time of possesion, field position and a few other important stats, you might have a fuller story line, instead of picking and choosing stats that fit your need for this argument...

Of course, only one stat really matters at the end of the day.. and that is the W... which, both Dallas and Wash got against Miami...

SPPIIIIIIIIIN THAT **** SON...hahaha!!!!

Both teams got a W off of a Dolphin team that is not very good...pure and simple.

We're talking about how to interpret those wins, though lol...and to interpret the win as "Wow, the Dolphins defense really IS mediocre, and the Skins' offense must be, too" is definitely THE wrong conclusion to make. Miami's defense didn't lose them that game...

I really thought the Phins would give Dallas a game. They did, for awhile, but then Dallas just pulled away, like great teams tend to do when facing tough opponents. They just started pouring it on in the second half. :(

You mean Miami just started to self-destruct on offense, like average offenses tend to do as the game goes on...

Archived