Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sept. 12: Antwaan Randle El

Art

You gotta get to the bottom for the playoff guarantee :).

Art and honorary_hog

Sir,

Who are you? Where did you come from? Will you please never go away?

Or, after your last game, as honorary_hog put it:

Dear Antwaan,

What makes you the awesomest purveyor of awesomeness in Awesometown?

Antwaan Randle El

Awesome, awesome, awesome, I’ll take it (laughing). It’s just going out making plays and blessed with some wonderful talent.

Popeman38

Love the passion and the energy you bring to the offense!! Having been elevated to the #2 receiver, do you feel like you finally have the opportunity to showcase your talent? Also, my wife really wants to see you throw a TD this year, do they have you working on gadget plays in practice?

Thanks, and God bless!

Popeman38

Antwaan Randle El

Well you know Popeman we always work on it. It’s just a matter of getting the right time and the right place to actually run those plays.

portisizzle

Fantastic game Sunday. Got a question for you. What does it mean when you make the play and you wave your hands over your head. I was doing this twice in the stands in Section 405. Then I realized that I did not know what I was doing. Help me out. :applause:

Antwaan Randle El

(laughing) Well, me waving my hands over my head, that’s me saying, “Glory to God,” and open up the windows of Heaven and letting all the blessings pour out on me.

ldysknzfn1

What a great game you had in the season opener! Congrats on that! Please have many more. With that said my question is simple and to the point...Do you know the words to Hail to the Redskins?

Antwaan Randle El

Yes, I know some of the words, not all of them quite.

SkinsTillIDie

Congratulations on your breakout game, it was well deserved! However, when can we expect the same contribution from Brandon Lloyd? What does he have to do to become a bigger factor in this offense?

Antwaan Randle El

He just has to continue to work hard in practice and in the game. Just as we always say, when a ball’s in air, make a play. He’s going to get his opportunities soon enough.

Reic

Antwaan, my girlfriend and roommate are big Steelers fans, all they did yesterday (Miami game) was tell me I was welcome, all I could do was thank them :)

What are the differences between playing in front of Washington fans as opposed to Pittsburgh fans? Both fan bases are very loyal, and I was wondering if there is any difference.

Antwaan Randle El

We have about 30,000 more fans than there are in Pittsburgh. I think that would be the biggest difference.

borninblood

If you could be any Super Hero who would it be? Why?

Jason Campbell said Superman so he wouldn’t get stuck in traffic. Smoot said Talk man so he could talk his villagers to death.

Antwaan Randle El

I probably would be the Incredible Hulk. I loved growing up watching the Incredible Hulk. He can just (shapeshift) and take over everything.

The-Rock

I have heard you describe Jason Campbell as "country" and I have heard he sometimes breaks into "Taylorsville talk".

What the heck is Taylorsville talk, and what is the lingo so fans and the media alike can better understand the country quarterback?

Antwaan Randle El

I’m not sure what Taylorsville talk is. But, country, country is Jason Campbell. I mean no words come out (slight pause) the correct way (laughing).

TotalRecall

From this past week's games, Dallas put up 45 points, the Giants put up 35 points, the Colts put up 41 points, Pittsburgh put up 34 points, and the Pats put up 38 points. The past few years, it feels like the offense has got to struggle just to get one TD. What has to change in order for the Skins to light up the scoreboard?

Antwaan Randle El

Well we’re going to light up the scoreboard. It’s just a matter of one missed throw here, one dropped ball there or something like that. But, you’ll see us light up the scoreboard a lot more this season.

DallasSucks19922010

Bill Cowher or Joe Gibbs, who is the better coach?

Antwaan Randle El

Oh, that’s a great question. Well, playing for a future Hall of Famer and playing for a Hall of Famer I would have to say I’ve played under two great coaches. (Pause, I think he’ s going to answer, then, the diplomat) Both of them are great coaches.

tswing

Do you know Kevin Everett and has that situation affected the way you look or feel about the game?

Antwaan Randle El

Well, tswing, the biggest thing about that is we just have to pray for him. I don’t think it effects the game the way other guys are going to play. But, we are certainly praying for him and hope he gets well soon.

SkinsTillIDie

In recent weeks, we've heard sharp criticism from Tiki Barber on Eli Manning on his leadership abilities, or lack thereof. What type of leader is Jason Campbell in the locker room and in the huddle?

Antwaan Randle El

He’s a very quiet but firm leader. He steps in the huddle, takes control, puts us out there and gets us going.

vainglory

At any moment after catching that Hail Mary, did you consider cutting to the left?

Antwaan Randle El

I didn’t consider it. I didn’t even realize it. It happened so fast. All I saw was Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor and I said I’d better try to get to that pylon as quick as I can.

E-Dog Night

Judging from the end of last season, and the 1st game of 2007, it appears that Jason Campbell has found a comfort zone with you. Are you his "go to receiver" right now?

Antwaan Randle El

Well, after the first game I would say so, but you’ve got to remember with everybody out there making plays, once he puts the ball up to whoever, we expect to make plays. I’m not the go-to guy. Tana’s not the go-to guy. Neither is Brandon. We all work together.

Tdog56Skins

Hello! Antwaan Randle El Tari Warren here in Rochester, NY

Hi! First i would like to congratulate you on being 1-0, ok my question to you is why don't you guys ever wear the burgundy jerseys at home?

Antwaan Randle El

We don’t wear the burgundy jerseys at home (because) that’s something Coach Gibbs makes a decision on so when we’re at home we wear the white uniform and when we’re away we wear the burgundy. He doesn’t want to change that.

SkinsTillIDie

Who will throw more touchdown passes this year - you or Clinton Portis?

Antwaan Randle El

(Big laugh) Me of course.

Closing Statment

Antwaan Randle El

To the fans we want you guys to continue to root us on. We appreciate your cheering and everything out there. We’re going to continue to work at this thing and get better as we go along and continue to win ball games. Certainly (we’re going to) put ourselves in the playoffs and give ourselves the opportunity to win the Super Bowl.

portisizzle

Fantastic game Sunday. Got a question for you. What does it mean when you make the play and you wave your hands over your head. I was doing this twice in the stands in Section 405. Then I realized that I did not know what I was doing. Help me out. :applause:

Haha I have been wondering about this for a long time. I'm glad this question was asked. Hopefully we get to see it a lot more this season :cheers:

Antwaan Randle El

Quote:

(laughing) Well, me waving my hands over my head, that’s me saying, “Glory to God,” and open up the windows of Heaven and letting all the blessings pour out on me.

That's beautiful. It's rare to hear of a celebration with a significant meaning.

Archived