Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some FACTS about the pukes' defense...

tr1

1) After all of the quack-quack about Wade, his version of the 3-4, the addition of that tweener Spencer and all the #1 picks for linebacker, the pukes rank next to last in defensive rankings after one game;

2) As much as puke fans would like to see Ellis return, you ought to think twice about it...he's likely in poor football shape. It would take him at least three games to look decent...and God knows how he'll really come back from that injury;

3) You can't seem to cover up Roy. Did he really slim down to play up closer to the line? :laugh: It's now obvious that Roy is a product of that puke hype machine.

4) Newman will be a liability all season long. That injury is magnified ten times when it happens to a WR or a CB. Frankly, I hope he gets into a lot of games. :D

5) You no longer have a NT. You have an under-weight guy who can't perform the job of an NT in a 3-4 defense. The guys you called back are scrubs.

6) Carpenter is a bust. I've been saying it for a long time. Can you guys finally agree with me that Jerruh is a terrible GM?

7) You still have no pass rush. I'm thinking Ware may actually have a down year for the number of double teams he'll see.

1) After all of the quack-quack about Wade, his version of the 3-4, the addition of that tweener Spencer and all the #1 picks for linebacker, the pukes rank next to last in defensive rankings after one game;

its one game, i suspect that Dallas will go up in the rankings of Def, but i do not expect them in the upper half...not after what i saw Sunday night.

2) As much as puke fans would like to see Ellis return, you ought to think twice about it...he's likely in poor football shape. It would take him at least three games to look decent...and God knows how he'll really come back from that injury;

no doubt, he is going to be in horrible shape and will not be a factor untill he has been back for atleast 4 games....but he can get on the field and rotate Spencer in and out. He wont be at his best, but it will be an improvment to have him on the field

3) You can't seem to cover up Roy. Did he really slim down to play up closer to the line? :laugh: It's now obvious that Roy is a product of that puke hype machine.

Roy has his issues no doubt, but he is still a very good SS in the NFL, and he will show it through the course of the season.

4) Newman will be a liability all season long. That injury is magnified ten times when it happens to a WR or a CB. Frankly, I hope he gets into a lot of games. :D

yep, he is going to be hobbled and its sad for us fans, but its the NFL, injuries happen and the games go on....I will never use injuries as an excuse.......there is a reason you have a depth chart filled with 45 players each week. fans that say...."well we were injured and thats why".........bla bla......are weak. i heard alot out of this place on why the team stunk it up in 2006....and it made me laugh.....so you wont ever hear it from me.

5) You no longer have a NT. You have an under-weight guy who can't perform the job of an NT in a 3-4 defense. The guys you called back are scrubs.

Ratliffe played well, and will be fine in Fergy's place. Not as good and we will see a big hole in the middle of the D, but it wont be as bad as some think.

6) Carpenter is a bust. I've been saying it for a long time. Can you guys finally agree with me that Jerruh is a terrible GM?

Not yet. I am not calling him a bust as of yet. Too early to call.

7) You still have no pass rush. I'm thinking Ware may actually have a down year for the number of double teams he'll see.

we'll see....i say he has 12 sacks.

you stated one fact in that entire post.. the cowboys are currently second to last in defense.. the rest are your opinions
I don't know, he stated you can't cover up Williams and you no longer have a NT. That seems to be fact! Many other items are opinions that appear to be turning to fact....time will tell!:)

Some Puke fans were betting that he'd have 15+ before the season started though.

ok......and that means what exactly?

12 sacks by Ware will be fine by me. Cowboy fans and others have to understand, he is good, but he is not Merriman and will never be. Shawne is special and will be better then everyone at that position for years and years.

Ratliffe played well, and will be fine in Fergy's place. Not as good and we will see a big hole in the middle of the D, but it wont be as bad as some think.

Ratliff looked good on passing downs but he got absolutely owned on running plays. This could be a huge problem for the Cowboys. He is not a NT. Heck he's hardly big enough to play DT in a 4-3.

Archived