Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can We Just Boycott WTEM?

bulldog

We know Joe Gibbs had a show on WTEM. We know that after a series of interviews where Steve Czaban showed very little class in speaking to him, Gibbs decided to cancel the show.

Since then the folks over at WTEM have had their knives out for Gibbs. We can exempt out Doc Walker and John Thompson, but the Czaban/Pollin afternoon show and the Czaban-led morning national show regularly take swipes at the Redskins.

Considering the agenda that is on display with the station I just question the utility of reporting here each ridiculous and venal comment Czaban or Pollin make about this team, win or lose.

I guarantee you by the end of the season there will be enough such comments to fill an entire archive on this site :)

When it comes to the morning and drive time shows on WTEM, the smart move is just to say 'no'.

The slogan didn't work with the war on drugs but it WILL have the desired effect of deadening the headache one gets from receiving the station's signal :laugh:

I used to listen to WTEM online (I live in Florida) mainly because it was the only way other than the pathetic WashPost online to get Skins coverage. I actually liked the afternoon show when Riggo was on it. Of course, I would listen on Mondays when Coach Gibbs was on. Now, with XXX and Comcast separating themselves a little from the Ravens and giving more Redskins coverage, I have given up WTEM. I just got sick and tired of the nattering nabobs of constant negativity over there. They just were getting nasty!

I'm glad Czaban is off the Comcast postgame too. He's just always negative, and an absolute total smartass!

Get over it.

Czaben is entertaining. He knows if he talks bad about the skins, then people will be talking about him. That's what he wants. Get it? You want to crown him? Then crown his azz.

It doesn't matter what his motives are. If people show him that they won't listen to his show because he makes those comments, he'll get the message. If you don't like it, don't listen.

I didn't even know he had his own show until today, so I'll have no problem not listening to him. :laugh:

Good for you, DockeryFan. If you call self-flagellation for a couple of hours to be entertaining than the WTEM show is right up your alley :)

Personally, I am entertained more by seeing the Redskins do well and having an actual discussion of why the team is or is not playing well at a given time, rather than listening to a guy call Gibbs a liar or take pot shots at the owner because his wife is taller than he is :laugh:

Well, maybe that's just me...........a guy that likes to waste time :D

Unfortunately, I stopped listening around 5:15 today just as Czabe was starting to describe the Springs situation as "Lavar II." Sounds like it was a real tour du force with the callers afterwards.

Question: I never really listen to Riggo's show.......is it any good? Seems like sports talk in the DC area is pretty weak.

Get over it.

Czaben is entertaining. He knows if he talks bad about the skins, then people will be talking about him. That's what he wants. Get it? You want to crown him? Then crown his azz.

I'm more to this way of thinking too. Not that I haven't been fed up with Czaban many times, but now at least Triple X is an alternative.

Somehow even a pompous Czaban is better than a Riggins Replay. But feel free to boycott, whoever wants.

Personally, after 14 years of pretty much one sports station only, it's nice to have a choice. For the record, 106.7 never counted because I can't pick it up.

Question: I never really listen to Riggo's show.......is it any good? Seems like sports talk in the DC area is pretty weak.

It's worth listening most of the time. He has professional sidekicks (Gary and Kevin, both w/980 ties) to carry the slack. He broadcasts from NYC most of the time, but there's not that much disconnect. Plus, being the Redskins flagship station and an ESPN station seems to give them better access.

Of course you can boycott The Sports Reporters.

But I'm sticking w/them because the John Riggins Show sucks.

Riggins is nothing more than a name, much like John Thompson. Neither are solid radio guys as you'll notice that their assistants carry those shows.

Czabe is way more objective than Larry Michael who picks the Redskins to win 13 weeks out of the year.

Archived