Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Trouble Brewing in Baltimore!

stwasm

Took the words right out of my mouth. It is inconceivable that the Ravens could have any depth problems at any position. We know this because we are constantly told that Ozzie Newsome is a personnel wizard and drafts brilliantly, as opposed to the Redskins who are paper thin everywhere. Of course, every other NFL team but the Redskins has starter-level talent with all of their second-stringers. The difference with Baltimore (and the other elite drafting teams like the Eagles and Patriots and Steelers) is that the backups to their backups are starter quality, too.

So, there is no way that injuries could deter the Ravens. Even the guys Newsome pulls off the streets are Pro Bowlers-in-waiting.

:rolleyes:

I detect a hint of sarcasm.

All my co workers here in Baltimore are blaming the refs for everything. I really try to give Ravens fans a chance, but ive just lost hope. How do people expect a team to turn the ball over 6 times and expect or act like they should of won a football game. Give me a break.

I'm lovin' it!

Here at work, I'm surrounded by ratturd fans who do nothing but give me a hard time about the Skins.

Today it is sweet, to see all of those inbred fans, miserable with their hangovers, making excuses and blaming it on the officiating.

I'll be at the Ravens/Jets game on Sunday, and you can best believe that I'll be rooting for the Jets!

Ray-Ray = Bush League. There has never been a bigger self promoter in the NFL than Ray-Ray.

Maybe T.O.. But your right. His way of leading is coming out to the media and pointing the finger at everyone. Even if he is right, No team needs its dirt announced to the media. Right now, Lewis is just hurting his team.

But...but... Brian Billick just doesnt have a QB worthy of implementing his offensive schemes!

More like we dont have any WR threats to implement the scheme.

Ray has every right to be upset, he has called out the team before --and they have responded with.... playing harder and better. Rather than a "super smart" speech-- we have gasp --Accountablity

I'm happy for the bengals and Marvin-- if they win the superbowl-- that leaves the Browns as the only divisional team without one ;)

On to the Jets

More like we dont have any WR threats to implement the scheme.

Ray has every right to be upset, he has called out the team before --and they have responded with.... playing harder and better. Rather than a "super smart" speech-- we have gasp --Accountablity

I'm happy for the bengals and Marvin-- if they win the superbowl-- that leaves the Browns as the only divisional team without one ;)

On to the Jets

No, it's called McNair sucks and is well on the decline, and McGahee just isn't that good. You have no decent cogs on offense because most of your money is tied up on defense. A damn good defense, which will see you through to the playoffs so long as your offense isn't turning the ball over like crazy, but won't ever push you guys into the Superbowl.

Bush league?? Gimme a break. I don't care how much you hate the Ravens, you can't deny that Ray Lewis is a playmaker and will go down as one of the greatest of all-time.

Deal with it? Closet ratbird fan? :doh:

Ray is a washed-up, injury prone, has-been who is becoming irrelevant in the game of professional football. That is why he is upset.

i have no problem with the ravens, hell you can call me a ravens fan if you want, doesnt really bother me, but the redskins will always come first in my life..... he may be a bit injury prone, but the best middle linebacker since dick butkus is not irrelevent to the gae of football.....there will not be another mlb like hi for some time....but your probably a skins homer who thinks london fletcher is better than him, arent you?.. so yea do like i said... DEAL WITH IT

i have no problem with the ravens, hell you can call me a ravens fan if you want, doesnt really bother me, but the redskins will always come first in my life..... he may be a bit injury prone, but the best middle linebacker since dick butkus is not irrelevent to the gae of football.....there will not be another mlb like hi for some time....but your probably a skins homer who thinks london fletcher is better than him, arent you?.. so yea do like i said... DEAL WITH IT
The only time Ray Lewis is a dominant MLB is when he has a stud DT/NT in front of him. If he is forced to take on a blocker he becomes average. Go back and look at the film. When he is able to run free to the ball, of course he makes the tackle. So does Pierce. He WAS dominant. He is an injury prone old MLB at thi point. The only reason he is still relevent is because ESPN makes him so. He had a ton of tackles in the Bengals game.....8 yards down the field. He was as dominant in that game as Zach Thomas was against the Skins. All you have to do is watch the film. He is half a step slow, and makes 80% of his tackles 5-10 yards downfield.

The only time Ray Lewis is a dominant MLB is when he has a stud DT/NT in front of him. If he is forced to take on a blocker he becomes average. Go back and look at the film. When he is able to run free to the ball, of course he makes the tackle. So does Pierce. He WAS dominant. He is an injury prone old MLB at thi point. The only reason he is still relevent is because ESPN makes him so. He had a ton of tackles in the Bengals game.....8 yards down the field. He was as dominant in that game as Zach Thomas was against the Skins. All you have to do is watch the film. He is half a step slow, and makes 80% of his tackles 5-10 yards downfield.

you have to have a stud dt/nt in front of you now if you want to be a succesful MLB, urlacher has tomie harris, vilma has dwane robertson, lewis had adams/siragusa, did poor when they left, when the ravens drafted ngata he produced again.... london fletcher had sam adams in front of him in buffalo..... so the argument is true that lewis hasnt produced when he didnt have that stud dt in front of him... but the same can be said for about 99% of MLb in the nfl

you have to have a stud dt/nt in front of you now if you want to be a succesful MLB, urlacher has tomie harris, vilma has dwane robertson, lewis had adams/siragusa, did poor when they left, when the ravens drafted ngata he produced again.... london fletcher had sam adams in front of him in buffalo..... so the argument is true that lewis hasnt produced when he didnt have that stud dt in front of him... but the same can be said for about 99% of MLb in the nfl
Brian Urlacher did not have Harris in front of him for most of last season. Harris tore his hamstring off the bone and was on IR. Urlacher still dominated. He is head and shoulders above Ray Lewis at this point. Watch the film. He is half a step slow, allowing the RB to beat him to the hole and forcing him to tackle from behind. This allows the RB to gain several yards as opposed to being stopped for no gain. Plus, it is hard to dominate when you only play 8 games a year. I am not saying Ray Lewis wasn't a great LB. I am saying he no longer is a great LB. He is still good, don't get me wrong. But his greatness now is equitable to Roy Williams greatness -- ESPN.

"Ray-Ray" is the most overrated LB in history. The guy was good, yes, but he's not a GREAT in the likes of Taylor, Butkus, or Singletary. The dude has had a nice ride with the best defense in the NFL just like Emmitt Smith rode Larry Allen to a rushing record. Put this turd on the Cardinals or Giants and we'll see how much he opens his mouth after a big play.... He reminds me like Bus except he's not even as good. Lets not even go to his criminal history....I can't stand "Ray-Ray".

Archived