Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I now have new appreciation for Campbell and offense.

cozmikbuffalo

Did anyone else see the MNF game with Arizona and San Francisco? Here are 2 of the #1 picks for 05 and 06 , both of them are QB's and neither one of them showed me the kind of poise that our Jason Campbell has shown so far in this his first full season as starter. Not to mention that our offensive line is keeping people off of him really well and opening holes to run in. I believe that once Jason settles into the role of starter for a few games he will light it up. I know that I was critical after the game on Sunday , but , after seeing what we have compared to some other teams I am more than optomistic and recant my scepticism.

The first game on MNF between Cincy and Baltimore showed me the same things. I was upset with the interceptions by Campbell but in retrospect neither one yielded points and the second one was a 50/50 shot a success so I don't blame Jason there. Baltimore had 9 turnovers and their defense didn't look as good as ours. Neither did Cincy's. Our team will be a monster once we get the opening day jitters behind us I really think so. So , forgive me Jason for having doubted you so quickly.

We will need to put up more points than we did Sunday if we are going to do well this year, I think we all know that. And if Santana and Lloyd will step up on this coming Monday night we can put up the numbers on the Eagles. The next few weeks will tell if we are to have a good season or an excellent season.

With Jason's ability to throw such a sweet deep ball downfield and the one-two punch of Portis and Betts we should get off to a great start. Jon Jansen going down is unfortunate for us and him, but , it will give either Wade or Heyer an opportunity. I personally would like to see Heyer get the nod so that Wade can completely heal from his shoulder injury and give us more depth for the right side. He is more than capable as we all saw last year in New Orleans.

So , Jason just settle down and take a little off those short routes man and we will kill in Philly next Monday night.

Coz :logo: :logo: :logo:

]']I thought you meant the MNF crew gave Campbell props. I thought "Kornheiser' date=' respect a Redskins QB? It can't be Theissman."[/quote']

Yeah, you may want to edit the title on this. Campbell will settle down, the key word used by all of his teammates was "unflappable". They described him that way last year. If the recievers step up and stop dropping passes, his confidence will continue to grow and we will be a-ok.

I was just looking at the stats from the game and was thinking the same thing. Both QBs from that game threw for a combined 228 yards, only 6 more than JC threw for himself.

Also, our backs ran for more yardage than Frank Gore and Edgerrin James did combined.

And to top everything off Miami's D is way better than either of those two teams' D.

I was just looking at the stats from the game and was thinking the same thing. Both QBs from that game threw for a combined 228 yards, only 6 more than JC threw for himself.

Also, our backs ran for more yardage than Frank Gore and Edgerrin James did combined.

And to top everything off Miami's D is way better than either of those two teams' D.

I'm pretty sure those numbers would have been A LOT LESS if they played the Phins ...

Did anyone else see the MNF game with Arizona and San Francisco? Here are 2 of the #1 picks for 05 and 06 , both of them are QB's and neither one of them showed me the kind of poise that our Jason Campbell has shown so far in this his first full season as starter. Not to mention that our offensive line is keeping people off of him really well and opening holes to run in. I believe that once Jason settles into the role of starter for a few games he will light it up. I know that I was critical after the game on Sunday , but , after seeing what we have compared to some other teams I am more than optomistic and recant my scepticism.

The first game on MNF between Cincy and Baltimore showed me the same things. I was upset with the interceptions by Campbell but in retrospect neither one yielded points and the second one was a 50/50 shot a success so I don't blame Jason there. Baltimore had 9 turnovers and their defense didn't look as good as ours. Neither did Cincy's. Our team will be a monster once we get the opening day jitters behind us I really think so. So , forgive me Jason for having doubted you so quickly.

We will need to put up more points than we did Sunday if we are going to do well this year, I think we all know that. And if Santana and Lloyd will step up on this coming Monday night we can put up the numbers on the Eagles. The next few weeks will tell if we are to have a good season or an excellent season.

With Jason's ability to throw such a sweet deep ball downfield and the one-two punch of Portis and Betts we should get off to a great start. Jon Jansen going down is unfortunate for us and him, but , it will give either Wade or Heyer an opportunity. I personally would like to see Heyer get the nod so that Wade can completely heal from his shoulder injury and give us more depth for the right side. He is more than capable as we all saw last year in New Orleans.

So , Jason just settle down and take a little off those short routes man and we will kill in Philly next Monday night.

Coz :logo: :logo: :logo:

I am a big JC advocate and temper my reactions with the knowledge that the guy has only started 8 games. long ways to go. I like his coolness. I like his sense of presence on the field.

one thing I will track - and which I hope is an aberration (a one time event). in a post game interview JG talked about the pick on the pass to Cooley. he mentioned that Moss was streaking down the field wide open. this raises issues about decision-making and field vision. hopefully...it's a one time deal and nothing more. what we want is a QB who recognizes the defense quickly, knows where the holes are going to be...and at least gets one look to make a quick decision on whether or not to exploit the hole. couldn't tell whether JC had scope locked on Cooley and pretty much decided before the snap to go in his direction. time will tell.

Didn't one of the announcers give JC props. Saying he had a good game. Not a great game but a good game, and was impressed? Or was I just imagining it? Pretty sure I wasn't.

I definitely remember hearing one of the announcers say that. It was when they were talking about next week's Monday night game, which is Skins - Iggs, and they said that they thought Jason Campbell played well Sunday.

Putting things in perspective, Campbell's yards put him in 9th place for the week. Everyone was talking about what a great start Roethlisberger had with 4 TDs, but he had only 161 against the worst team in football.

You`re pointing to the right direction. Experience is the only thing JC is missing now, and that`s just natural. I think he has the abilities, everybody else is talking about. But where should he get experience when not during a game. I hope (and think) he`ll get more and more effective with every game. Just because he has confidence and he knows his weapons.

I have always appreciated Campbell's promise. However, I want to see that promise become consistent production. He was fine on Sunday and would have been better if he werent victimized by some drops, but I am waiting to see his first 20-35 300yd 2 TD 0 int type game before I can comfortably say he has fullfilled his promise.

I am aware that this Redskins team is not a team that relies on a passing performance like that in order to win...in fact some might argue that if this team were to need a 300 yard day from Campbell, the Skins might very well lose that day due to a probable lack of a running game. However, Campbell proving for all to see that he has that ability to win a game with his arm is something that would give this fan a great amount of comfort.

Campbell has always had a solid mindset/pocket presence. He looks very much like a seasoned veteran in that regard. He has other issues, however, which leave me somewhat less confident in his potential. As has been discussed here ad nauseam, he clearly has accuracy issues, particularly on medium range throws. I'm also concerned about his overall field vision, though seeing him go to Randle El when his favorite targets were double-covered makes me feel a bit more reassured in that regard. My last concern is that he doesn't have enough zip on the shorter range throws to thread the needle. Granted, this was never so much of a staple of the Gibbs I offense; Rypien was often awkward on shorter throws, but threw an even better bomb than Campbell. In today's NFL, though, I think it's more of a necessity, and it's more a part of Saunders' O.

Putting things in perspective, Campbell's yards put him in 9th place for the week. Everyone was talking about what a great start Roethlisberger had with 4 TDs, but he had only 161 against the worst team in football.

Well, to be fair - 60 of Campbell's yards weren't real (Randle El's catch at the end of regulation should have been an INT). As for Roethlisberger, TD's are more important than yards, and its hard to accumulate yards when you're constantly given good field position...

But yes, Campbell has looked decent so far. He still needs to calm down a bit and bring his short passes down - but that's probably something he can fix (although he was having that problem is pre-season too).

Anyway, I can't wait to see him on monday night!

:eaglesuck

Archived