Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Playoff atmosphere... Are we ready?

Hal2856

Now that the Eagles have lost to start off the year, I imagine they will have something huge to prove on Monday night. I have a feeling this is going to have the energy of a playoff game... Do you think we will be focused and ready for this type of opponant so early or are we going to be gloating due to our win and not ready to play a team with a lot on the line?

Stats are close: http://proxy.espn.go.com/mnf/surround07/game?id=270917021

SEASON LEADERSQBsRBsWRs

Jason Campbell

s7201.jpg

Yds: 222

TDs: 0

Rat: 54.2

Clinton Portis

s5937.jpg

Yds: 98

TDs: 1

Avg: 5.8

Antwaan Randle El

s5948.jpg

Rec: 5

Yds: 162

Donovan McNabb

s4650.jpg

Yds: 184

Rat: 60.7

Brian Westbrook

s5977.jpg

Yds: 85

Avg: 4.3

Jason Avant

s7858.jpg

Rec: 3

Yds: 54

However, we have a STRONG Healthy QB; Clinton is 100% and I look for more Receivers and Ladell to get more involved.

Look for the score to be: 24 Redskins 17 Eagles

I think any mention of playoffs at this stage isn't very realistic. To see Joe Gibbs kneeling down at the end of yesterdays game praying said more about him keeping his job than we might want to admit.

He does that at the end of a close game even when his job's not in jeopardy. That's not telling of the situation at all. Joe Gibbs's job will never be in danger.

On the way to the game yesterday I was telling my family that I hope the Eagles win in a blowout just to take some of their edge away next week. Maybe make them a little ****y.

That was my head talking.

But when I was standing in line in the bathroom after the game and someone said the Eagles had lost, I was SOOOO happy. And then when I came out and confirmed it on TV I was pretty excited. I couldn't help it.

But, no doubt, this loss and the way they lost puts some extra motivation on this game for them. And I think it makes it pretty impossible that we'll catch anyone on that team sleeping or unprepared.

Oh well, we'll just have to beat them straight up! :eaglesuck

I think the best way to deal with the atmosphere will be plenty of the 26/46 train. And I'm a big fan of the dump offs to 45. I seem to remember him enjoying running himself over some eagles!

I thought there were some key plays yesterday, even on runs, where Thomas and Porter made some good athletic plays. Plays that I don't think the Eagle LBers could have made if they had been on the field.

I'm not saying we're definitely going to go up there and win. But I like our chances in the running game if we stick with it religiously for 4 quarters. And a good solid running game is a great way to wear a team and a crowd down on the road. That at least gives us a chance if we can keep the score close in the 4th.

Realistically, I won't be too disappointed if we lose. I don't think we're up to that level yet as a team. If we manage to find a way to win, I'll be ecstatic.

As i said, more than we want to admit. You will obviously see him kneeling in the past. Its nerve wracking watching that kick. Now is different. Seriously. The NFL is about winning, not pandering to some ancient god of the past. If we go 5-11 you'll see what i mean. You don't know what goes on behind closed doors so how would you know what might happen if we have another terrible season?

I think any mention of playoffs at this stage isn't very realistic. To see Joe Gibbs kneeling down at the end of yesterdays game praying said more about him keeping his job than we might want to admit.

Coach does not watch game winning field goal attempts. It doesn't matter if the kicker is in a Redskins uniform or the opposing teams. I believe Gibbs has been doing this for years. It is nothing new.

HTTR!

:dallasuck

Now that the Eagles have lost to start off the year, I imagine they will have something huge to prove on Monday night. I have a feeling this is going to have the energy of a playoff game... Do you think we will be focused and ready for this type of opponant so early or are we going to be gloating due to our win and not ready to play a team with a lot on the line?

we need to win this game, if we beat them, we should go 6-0. Im not going to say we will beat the patriots. especially with those camera crews they have.

Archived