Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Souldier Boy = New Walk it Out?

emor09

No no some southern rap songs are funny to go along with like Hustlin! Walk It Out is just plain annoying. Ay Bay Bay is funny. Lil' Wayne is the best rapper in the mainstream but alive. No. The legends are still alive and I'd take Rakim/KRS over Wayne any day. But he has great technical skill and one hit punch lines but he is not the best rapper ever nor in the top 10 IMO.

the only thing you can hate on weezy baby for is talking about money, ****es, and how good of a rapper he is. his lyrics are very one dimensional but he manages to make them unique by referencing anything from street fighter, to professional sports, to classical music.

I hate both those songs. Why cant they play some older rock? We will rock you gets everybody pumped. Some heavy metal. Whether you hate it or not, Metal gets everybody pumped.

Heavy Metal? Now I am no racist, but the defense doesnt have a single white player....I sincerely doubt they would play metal...

Last year, our defense would get hyped up to Walk it Out. It was an alright song but it hurt watching our players dancing when they were having such a bad year.

This year, it seems like the song that pumped up our fans and defense was Souldier Boy. At one point in the game, our whole defense except Sean Taylor and LaRon Landry were dancing and looking like they were having a great time

Do you think this song will be a good "pump up" song for our D?

Yeah I heard it and I'm sure Carlos was dancing around right before the play where he got beat for the TD... Maybe he should spend more time on the football field and less time on the dance floor...

Walk It Out is a pathetic song that a 10 year old could've outdone. It's not even one of those southern rap songs you can laugh along to like Hustlin'. No real hip hop fan would be caught dead with that song on their MP3 player.

I'm listening to Illmatic now. THAT's hip hop. Man I wish hip hop was still what is was 10-20 years go.

Even groups like Outkast. Speakerboxx/Love Below is nothing compared to their classics (Aquemini/ATLiens)

I agree wholeheartedly. It is interesting to see someone your age who actually understands the difference between true hip hop and the garbage snap trash that they play on the radio. Props...Soulja boi is funny though, "Supersoak that hoooe"

Hiphop was born in NY, raised on the east coast, and is dying in the south.

any rapper with lil in there name is trash lol. i preffer old school and underground rap southern rap just pisses me off because they are killing hip hop with the trash they put out. it has no creativity every song sounds the freaking same and talk about the same crap. And i agree illmatic is AMAZING.

silence > southern rap

I hate both those songs. Why cant they play some older rock? We will rock you gets everybody pumped. Some heavy metal. Whether you hate it or not, Metal gets everybody pumped.

i kinda doubt many of the players...especially on D really listen to older rock, especially much "heavy metal". we will rock you isnt metal and it is a sappy song.

I agree wholeheartedly. It is interesting to see someone your age who actually understands the difference between true hip hop and the garbage snap trash that they play on the radio. Props...Soulja boi is funny though, "Supersoak that hoooe"

Hiphop was born in NY, raised on the east coast, and is dying in the south.

NY is puttin just as much bull**** music as the south, stop tryin to blame one region for raps demise. everybody has had a hand in it.

the hate for the south is out of control, especially when people don't acknowledge that quality music is still coming from the south, just like i said its not on the radio.

Well boys I'm gonna show you in some of the music I listen to and I highly recommend if you havent heard em before to change the way you think about rap and give em a listen. Yes rap has gone downhill bigtime but there is plenty of attitude and people to showcase it out there. Heres a short list of some real talented guys some of which im sure you guys know and most others dont, obviously theres tons of guys not in here but they actually have names so no point in puttin em down. These are in no particular order I'm just going off the top of my head.

Cormega

Murs

Mr lif

aceyalone

lupe fiasco

cunninlynguists

de la soul

akrobatik

MF Doom

Sage Francis

Aesop rock

Atmosphere

pete rock

living legends

cannibal ox

supernatural

Hi-Tek

butterfly

termanology

pharoahe monch

p.s. check out SOJA (soldiers of jah army) these guys arent rappers but they are an awesome up and coming reggae band

Archived