Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Phillip Rivers went nuts on the ref... where was the penalty?!

Destino

I was watching this Bears / Chargers game (which is a comedy more then a football game) and I have to say - the fact that Rivers was basically able to rip the refs a new one, kick the air like a defensive player after a sack, and then actually turn the ref to make him look at the replay... yet somehow, no flag.

WTF?!

That dude should have been tossed out of the stadium. I've seen players called for just yelling at the ref. This guy was on the verge of a baseball coach like meltdown and got off scott free.

I was watching this Bears / Chargers game (which is a comedy more then a football game) and I have to say - the fact that Rivers was basically able to rip the refs a new one, kick the air like a defensive player after a sack, and then actually turn the ref to make him look at the replay... yet somehow, no flag.

WTF?!

That dude should have been tossed out of the stadium. I've seen players called for just yelling at the ref. This guy was on the verge of a baseball coach like meltdown and got off scott free.

I've only seen a few minutes of the game, why was he yelling in the first place

Chargers were on the 1 yard line.

Tommy Harris jumped across the line, knocked the ball from the center just as it was snapped. Rivers never even touched the ball. They gave Chicago the ball from the fumble, and the play couldn't be challenged.

Doesn't excuse his actions, but it was ugly.

Tommie Harris CLEARLY started early and crossed the neutral zone. No flag. The play ended up Chargers fumbling the ball and being recovered by the Bears. Chargers had the ball threatening to score.

clearly on the replay, but in reality it was like 1/10th of a second before the ball moved. The ref missed it for sure but that doesn't excuse the reaction. The ref even looked pissed at one point and screamed back at him.

clearly on the replay, but in reality it was like 1/10th of a second before the ball moved. The ref missed it for sure but that doesn't excuse the reaction. The ref even looked pissed at one point and screamed back at him.

I can understand the bad call. However, EVERY call should be reviewable. EVERY call could be errored. The refs saw that they screwed them and gave him leeway. And he didn't turn the ref.. he kind of ran along side of him, stopped, and pointed to the jumbotron. He did 'touch' his shoulder but, nothing threatening.

This isn't the NBA.. you can yell at the refs.

This is where reputation helps you. Sean Taylor does HALF the **** Rivers did and he's out in the parking lot. Sorry people but screaming at the ref to the point where the ref actually scream back at you, touching him while screaming and pointing at the replay, taking off the helment (even if for a second), and then marching back onto the field while the other teams offense is out there (many chargers did this)...

There are a whole host of players that wouldn't be allowed to do half of that ****.

Archived