Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Taking my beating

gish_504

Ok. Games over. Miami Lost. Here's what I got to say.

Redskin offense:

Your running game was right on point. You guys have some fast guys that are hard to tackle. Your passing attack was respectable, but would have kept you out of overtime if your WRs would catch the ball.

Miami Offense:

I can't say the Miami running game wasn't working. They just weren't running the ball much. Too many dumpoffs to the RB. The mid-range passes were most effective and should have been exploited more often. Also, dropped passes were a big concern.

Redskin Defense:

They weren't exactly outstanding in one area over another. The unit as a whole played very well. Good pursuit on running plays, and decent pressure on Green. The secondary could have been exploited a few more times, but they did force some dead plays by blanketing a few plays.

Dolphins Defense:

It was kinda like, you go left, and we'll go right. In the second half the Dolphins defense was always a step behind. Travis Daniels was getting owned down the left sideline. He made a INT to redeem himself slightly, but Randle El was showing him up. Miami's LBs were hitting the gaps too soon, giving the RBs a clear shot into the secondary with one cut. This is why Betts and Portis handed us our asses in the 4th quarter and OT. Our defensive line was pretty aggeressive, but still wasn't very impactful.

I'd say that the Redskins proved to be the better team today. They showed a very valueable characteristic of a team. They were able to wear down a team in the fouth quarter and OT and take away a win. Miami isn't too far behind the Skins in overall talent, but they do lack some of the intangibles that the Skins showed today. It was a fun game to watch. Good luck for the rest of the season. I'll be in Miami next week, we'll try to beat up on Dallas for yall.

Alright, now give me my beating.

Coming to a website with thousands of Skins fans and giving your even-keel view of the game doesn't deserve a beating.

We're done with the Dolphins. No beating administered. As a matter of fact I think we're all semi-Dolphins fans for next week.

Beat the **** out of the Cowboys.

Nice post. It took some guts to come back here and not even try to make excuses. That's all I ask.

I must say I was surprised at how little pressure your front 7 got on Campbell. Both sacks were pretty much coverage sacks. I will say that despite a few big plays to ARE (which were pretty much perfect throws) that your secondary was very good. Campbell seemed to have trouble finding anyone open despite having all day, and both INTs were very good individual efforts by the DBs.

Please beat down Dallas for us.

I would have to agree with you completely. You hit it right on the spot. EXCEPT. for the miami running game. The reason you guys stopped running was because you guys couldnt get anything. If you kept running and picking up 2-3 yards every play, would you continue to keep running alot?

Well gish,

You showed alot of class coming on and acknowledging your loss. We all talked alot of smack during the week but I do respect the fact that you came here and gave respect. You should be proud Gish your team played well. Your defense is going to keep you in alot of tight games this year. Good luck to you too. :helmet:

Reasonably fair assessment. I do think you tried to run, but wound up giving up on it because we were owning you there. The check downs came because we crossed you up by playing more in coverage than you anticipated. It took you a while to get through that and then you did have the intermediate seam and edge to attack. I thought we did a good job, though, of making Green keep plays alive and he did a good job doing that.

You guys won't have to deal with a running game like ours against Dallas so you may be able to really focus against Romo sits to pee and Owens.

just trying to rep my fins the right way.

Having lived in Dolphin territory for a number of years, I lost a lot of respect for Dolphins' fans. That is until today. You are the second Dolfan to come to this MB and express humilty in a diificult loss.

I know if it were cowpukes fans they would be coming up w/ excuse after excuse. Go out next week and take it to the pukes!

And once again, kudos to you!

wow very classy from a dolphins fan. we should direct some of the other teams fans to posts like these. you have redeemed my thoughts about dolphins fans. i had one tell me to eat **** and die after a dolphins loss back when i lived in south fla.

oh yea i think i speak for all skins fans when i say that we will be phins fans next week.:dallasuck

Archived