Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game balls and kick in the ...

Art

My thoughts...

Game balls:

- The runningbacks. Clinton Portis in particular. He looked fresh, quick, and decisive. It's great to have him back. Betts looked good as well. He's not a game-breaker, but he was steady.

- The offensive line. They were superb today. They gave Jason all kinds of time and opened big holes for the RBs. Heyer came in for Jansen and they didnt miss a beat.

- Antwaan Randle-El. What a huge game he had! Showed great speed, and hands. Looks like we found our #2 WR.

- London Fletcher and Rocky McIntosh. They were both all over the place today. They were helped out by solid run stopping and gap plugging from Griffin and Montgomery up front.

- Andre Carter. It was great to see him get a sack in the first game.

- Shaun Suisham. He was so $$$ today. Hit all three FGs, right down the middle. His kickoffs were all good except for that one short one, that looked like it might have been by design (bad design)

Goats:

- Santana Moss. I love Tana, but he had a couple balls bounce off his hands that he has to catch.

- Fred Smoot and Carlos Rogers. Both had tough days. Smoot had a penalty that extended a drive and dropped an EASY pick. Carlos gave up his patented cushions and gave up a PI penalty that he could have easily avoided. I wonder why Springs didnt play more...

- Pass rush. This is going to be a weekly theme I am sure, so we are going to have to overlook it. It was nice to get a couple sacks, but Green looked pretty comfortable most of the game.

A little good, a little bad:

- Jason Campbell. Had more bad throws than I expected to see from him. He sailed at least 2-3 passes that I remember. The INT at the beginning was his fault, the second one was a good idea, but he should have put a little more air under it and let Lloyd get up for it. But then again he made some great deep passes to ARE, and had some clutch conversions with his feet and with his arm. (particularly the hot route to Cooley on the final drive, while under a heavy rush). He needs to get comfortable and get his accuracy down, but I think that will come.

- Chris Cooley. I understand the defense was keying on him, but he did get taken out of the game. And his blocking was horrible today. But he did make a crucial play to keep the winning drive alive. I'm not worried about Cooley.

Archived