Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fanatics control half of Britain's mosques

Sarge

England has a big problem

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22380968-26040,00.html

Font Size: Decrease Increase Print Page: Print Andrew Norfolk, London | September 08, 2007

ALMOST half of Britain's mosques are under the control of a hardline Islamic sect whose leading preacher loathes Western values and has called on Muslims to "shed blood" for Allah, an investigation by The Times has found.

Riyadh ul Haq, who supports armed jihad and preaches contempt for Jews, Christians and Hindus, is in line to become the spiritual leader of the Deobandi sect in Britain.

The ultra-conservative movement, which gave birth to the Taliban in Afghanistan, now runs more than 600 of Britain's 1350 mosques, according to a police report seen by The Times.

The newspaper's investigation casts doubts on government statements that foreign preachers are to blame for spreading the creed of radical Islam in Britain's mosques and its policy of encouraging the recruitment of more home-grown preachers.

Mr ul Haq, 36, was educated and trained at an Islamic seminary in Britain and is part of a new generation of British imams who share a similar radical agenda. He heaps scorn on any Muslims who say they are "proud to be British" and argues that friendship with a Jew or a Christian makes "a mockery of Allah's religion".

Seventeen of Britain's 26 Islamic seminaries are run by Deobandis and produce 80 per cent of home-trained Muslim clerics. Many had their studies funded by local education authority grants.

The sect, which has significant representation on the Muslim Council of Britain, is at its strongest in the Midlands and northern England.

The Times has gained access to numerous talks and sermons delivered in recent years by Mr ul Haq and other graduates of Britain's most influential Deobandi seminary near Bury, Manchester. Intended for a Muslim-only audience, they reveal a deep hatred of Western society, admiration of the Taliban and a zeal for martyrdom.

The seminary outlaws art, television, music and chess, demands "entire concealment" for women and views football as "a cancer that has infected our youth".

Mahmood Chandia, a Bury graduate and university lecturer, claims in one sermon that music is a way in which Jews spread "the Satanic web" to corrupt young Muslims.

"Nearly every university in England has a department which is called the music department, and in others, where the Satanic influence is more, they call it the Royal College of Music," he says.

Another former Bury student, Bradford-based Sheik Ahmed Ali, hails the 9/11 attacks on the US because they acted as a wake-up call to young Muslims.

Mr ul Haq, who has the highest profile of the new generation of Deobandis, runs an Islamic academy in Leicester, central England, and is the former imam at the Birmingham Central Mosque.

In one sermon, he warns believers to protect their faith by distancing themselves from the "evil influence" of their kuffar, or non-Muslim neighbours.

"We are in a very dangerous position here. We live amongst the kuffar, we work with them, we associate with them, we mix with them and we begin to pick up their habits."

Mr ul Haq declined to comment on his sermons.

A commentator on religious radicalism in Pakistan, where Deobandis wield significant political influence, said that "blind ignorance" on the part of the Government in Britain had allowed the Deobandis to become the dominant voice of Islam.

Khaled Ahmed said: "The UK has been ruined by the puritanism of the Deobandis. You've allowed the takeover of the mosques.

"In Britain, the Deobandi message has become even more extreme than it is in Pakistan. It's mind-boggling."

A Department for Communities spokesman said: "We have a detailed strategy to ensure imams properly represent and connect with mainstream moderate opinion and promote shared values like tolerance and respect for the rule of law."

The Times

I got 20 bucks that says before this thread is over Mass_SkinsFan calls for England to be carpet bombed.

so long as its only the English ;)

indeed, if we become a warzone then Mass will have my 'civilian' ass melted. At least it will be in the name of freedom :doh:

so long as its only the English ;)

indeed, if we become a warzone then Mass will have my 'civilian' ass melted. At least it will be in the name of freedom :doh:

It was my understanding that you fine folks in Scotland had regained your independence from the British Crown a couple of years ago. Am I incorrect in that understanding?

It was my understanding that you fine folks in Scotland had regained your independence from the British Crown a couple of years ago. Am I incorrect in that understanding?

wishfull thinking! we have a kind of 'regional' government now but anything involving national security etc is always through Westminster. One 'odd' thing about my country is that even as part of the UK we have always had Scottish Law for centuries. So not all the Laws in England apply the same way as they do up here but at the end of the day Westminster always calls the shots on the 'big' stuff.

:helmet:

wishfull thinking! we have a kind of 'regional' government now but anything involving national security etc is always through Westminster. One 'odd' thing about my country is that even as part of the UK we have always had Scottish Law for centuries. So not all the Laws in England apply the same way as they do up here but at the end of the day Westminster always calls the shots on the 'big' stuff.

Ok. So it's partial autonomy, but nothing like what you folks would truly prefer. Thanks for the clarification, thehogs.

Sarge, what scares me even more is the fact that I'm not sure anybody in Homeland Security, the FBI, or the Secret Service has tracked down how many of these mosques exist inside the United States. I'm going to guess that it's a number both you and I would be very upset to see.

There have been several raids in Northern Virginia.

http://www.angelfire.com/al4/terror/article16.htm

FEDERAL LAW ENFORCEMENT has kicked over quite an anthill in Northern Virginia. A U.S. Treasury task force, Operation Green Quest, has been investigating the funding of Islamic terror. Raids on March 20 struck an extraordinary array of financial, charitable, and ostensibly religious entities identified with Muslim and Arab concerns in this country, most of them headquartered in Northern Virginia.

What kind of nut wants to outlaw chess, and views music and soccer as evil? There is something mentally wrong with these people, and it is even more insane that they weild power, as opposed as being ridiculed as the town idiot.

Seeing how I play chess as well as music, in additional to being a "kuffar," I must be the spawn of Satan to these people. I never played soccer, so maybe that is my saving grace, right?

The interesting thing about that article was the following section:

"The Saudis stand behind all of it. The kingdom pledged $400 million last year for the support of "martyrs' families," according to the Saudi Embassy website. At $5,300 per "martyr," that works out to about 75,000 martyrs, suggesting the Saudi princes anticipate a lot more suicide bombings than Israel has yet suffered. The Saudis offered a fraudulent "peace" plan this year intended to divert attention from their involvement in the horrors of September 11."

Aren't Saddam's payments to suicide bomber's families one of the examples often cited to demonstrate his ties to terrorism? Are we now going to change our attitude about Saudi Arabia?

What kind of nut wants to outlaw chess, and views music and soccer as evil? There is something mentally wrong with these people, and it is even more insane that they weild power, as opposed as being ridiculed as the town idiot.

Seeing how I play chess as well as music, in additional to being a "kuffar," I must be the spawn of Satan to these people. I never played soccer, so maybe that is my saving grace, right?

I always see Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Iran soccer teams playing in the WOrld Cup and in the Olympics. Obviously someone thinks it's OK?

Considering that Mohamad is now the most popular baby name in Britian it would appear that our cousins ,across the pond, are going to be forced into a difficult decision - expell the moslems or cease to exist as you have in the past.

Ceased to exist ??? I must have missed that part..........

OK lets get things in perspective here. The vast majority of Muslims are not fundamentalists, radicals or even close to being so.

You will find that the police and MI5 in particular will have a very close interest in whats going on with these people, a radical leader in North London who had taken over a mosque was imprisoned and the surveillance operation led to plenty of useful information in the fight against terrorism. Only a small % of the people at the mosque actually supported this person and it is wrong to tar every one with the same brush.

There are plenty of people on this site who view soccer as evil.........

I'm not overly concerned with the Muhammed name thing, we are talking about 6000 children a year and Muslims make up a grand total of 3% of the British population. We are hardly talking about being over run here.

MassSkins fan I'm afraid as Hogs has clarified the Scots are still part of the British Union and still under evil English rule :D

"The Saudis stand behind all of it. The kingdom pledged $400 million last year for the support of "martyrs' families," according to the Saudi Embassy website. At $5,300 per "martyr," that works out to about 75,000 martyrs, suggesting the Saudi princes anticipate a lot more suicide bombings than Israel has yet suffered. The Saudis offered a fraudulent "peace" plan this year intended to divert attention from their involvement in the horrors of September 11."

Aren't Saddam's payments to suicide bomber's families one of the examples often cited to demonstrate his ties to terrorism? Are we now going to change our attitude about Saudi Arabia?

IF I had had my way, after 9/11, Saudi ARabia would have been the 51st state.

Or a glass factory

like state law in the u.s and the big stuff washington calls the shots not a lot of difference

HEAD HOG UK

I have visited Britian 3 times and really love the country and the people, but I have been told by many British expatriates ( I live in florida so thier all over the place ) don't bother going back, because the influx of third worlders, moslems, and eastern european crime have changed the country for the worse, and I wouldn't even recognise the place now. Without me even asking I've had three Brit's blame the chunnel for the problem. They built a super highway for the scum of the world onto your beatiful Island.

What I was trying to touch on is that maybe Western society and the Moslem world cannot and should not live together. At least 10% of the moslem world wants to destroy us. So that's what, about 120 million people who'd like to drive their 30 year old Opal through the front window of the local pizza joint and then set off the bomb. Not my idea of the perfect neighbor.

You already know the answer to this.
IF I had had my way, after 9/11, Saudi ARabia would have been the 51st state.

Or a glass factory

I could've got behind that a whole hell of a lot easier than Iraq. The 9/11 attackers were mostly Saudis, they fairly openly support it but because we have the oil relationship we do with them it doesn't matter.

That's what bugs me so much about all the terrorism rhetoric, it's all so disingenuous. Iraq was the least threat in terms of the WOT but it was the most convenient.

Maybe there's hope yet

UK to require English tests for immigrants

LONDON: The British government said on Sunday that it would introduce English proficiency tests for thousands of potential immigrants, but declined to say whether the move was intended to reduce the number of people moving to the country.

Prime Minister Gordon Brown’s office said Brown would announce on Monday that skilled workers from outside the European Union would have to prove English proficiency before coming to work in UK.

They will have to show they have passed an internationally accepted English test or obtained a university degree having an English language course.

Under current rules, the government divides migrant workers from outside the EU into three groups - highly skilled, skilled and low skilled. At present only those in the highly skilled group have to show English proficiency before coming to Britain. Home Secretary Jacqui Smith said the proficiency test would be made compulsory for low skilled immigrants as well. ap

I think the best way to deal with SA is to quit buying their oil. Of course, that would mean we'd have to get out oil from other places....but I'd think ANWAR, Mexico, Canada, and our Coal shale reserves would be a good place to start. Oh...right, the Left already said we can't do that.... gotta protect the spotted one-eyed slug. :doh:

Additionally, just as soon as we decide we're not buying anymore Saudi oil....they drop the price of a barrel of oil to $25 or some ridiculously low amount.

With the ****roaches in Washington and the enviro-freaks running the show.... we're essentially FOOKED!!!!

I think the best way to deal with SA is to quit buying their oil. Of course, that would mean we'd have to get out oil from other places....but I'd think ANWAR, Mexico, Canada, and our Coal shale reserves would be a good place to start. Oh...right, the Left already said we can't do that.... gotta protect the spotted one-eyed slug. :doh:

Additionally, just as soon as we decide we're not buying anymore Saudi oil....they drop the price of a barrel of oil to $25 or some ridiculously low amount.

With the ****roaches in Washington and the enviro-freaks running the show.... we're essentially FOOKED!!!!

Where do you get your information from? How much of our oil do you think actually comes from Saudia Arabia? Unless you stop the Japanese, China and other large economies buying Saudi oil, what are you accomplishing other than increasing the price we pay?

Archived