Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Preview - Rich Eisen

WSHRedskins3ATLBraves3

If we had a crystal ball, this is how we would see the season by Rich Eisen

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?id=09000d5d802160e3&template=with-video&confirm=true&campaign=ec0005

Washington Redskins: I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say the conversation on the success of the Redskins and perhaps the future of Joe Gibbs' tenure there comes down to two words: Jason Campbell. No pressure. His first full season as an NFL starter opens this Sunday. The good news: Campbell is real talented. And because of his talents, Gibbs will be more comfortable and inclined to let Al Saunders run the more wide-open offense that Mark Brunell struggled at running last year, which led to questions about the team's offensive identity, which helped cause a massive rift in the locker room and apparently the coach's meeting room last year. If Campbell succeeds, then maybe Washington fans will finally get introduced to Antoine Randel El. Perhaps Brandon Lloyd might show up, too. The trio of Clinton Portis, Santana Moss and Chris Cooley is as good a running back- deep threat-possession tight-end/H-back combination as any in the league. Campbell must be solid at these controls for Washington to have a chance. Of course, the defensive that shockingly disintegrated last year must rise from the ashes. Gregg Williams has no doubt lost many a 40-winks trying to figure out what in the world happened last year. First round pick LaRon Landry is going to have a big year, I think. I'm looking forward to the improvement of this team because nothing is better than when the NFC East is thriving. And I'm not just saying that because NFL Network on its fall schedule Dallas twice, the Giants once and the Redskins once at home against ...

Enjoy.

I like Rich Eisen. He's the face of the NFL Network, and isn't a fool, unlike most of the it's other employees (Jamie Dukes, Deion Sanders, and even Adam Schefter can be pretty annoying). He does however need to learn how to spell 'Antwaan'.

He's a pretty fun guy. He poses questions that a lot of fans have about the game to the greats and words them in such a way that non media football guys give good answers.

He's in a tough spot because I am sure he is under the microscope. How negative can he be without the front office coming down on him? The former players have it a little easier because they have some "cred" if you will.

I think he has been up to the task so far to keep it somewhat interesting but I am thinking he has a short leash and has to toe the party line.

Haha! That, my friend, is called being ficisious.

:secret: (It's facetious)

In fact, the only thing we know for sure is that, starting this season, NFL play-by-play announcers can no longer refer to a tightly contested game thusly: "This sure has turned into one heckuva dogfight."

Oops. Thanks, Michael Vick!

I heard the turtle (Lou Holtz) comment to Mark May earlier tonight about last years recording picking games: "I beat you like a yard dog." And I was thinking that in the wake of the Vick nonsense that even jokingly refering to beating a dog was in poor taste (or at least poor timing).

Man, I have to defend Rich. He doesn't take gratuitous shots at the Skins just because he wants to be on the same page as all the other so called commentaters. He is actually fair and speaks well of all the teams, even the ones that haven't been good for awhile. I like Rod Woodson too but Faulk, Dukes, and ESPECIALLY Deion, really suck it up!

I just refer to Eisen as a wet blanket. He just seems to suck the fun out of things with his monotone voice and barely shows any kind of facial reactions to things. A lot of the players he interviews say things in jest and he takes it in stride, as if he's either not really listening to their answers or he has no sense of humour.

Archived