Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heard at the Park/Injury Report - 9/06/07

Tarhog

Haha Portis, someone asked him if this might be his last season here: "If we have a losing season it's going to be it (here in DC) for a lot of people. It might be it for you. They might have some new reporters."

How 'bout Portis saying that Lloyd is one of the biggest deep threats ever in the NFL? I'm all about talking up your teammates, but that may be just a little bit too far.

Maybe he's talking about Lloyd beefing up this offseason.

On if he can be more creative defensively this year:

“Sometimes I think I get way too much credit, or talking about how creative I am. I’m a lot more creative when Sean Taylor (S, #21) plays. I’m a lot more creative when LaRon Landry (S, #30) plays. They’re good football players. They have to be able to make plays. In that respect I think we don’t have to be as creative when we’re better talent wise, and we’re better talent wise.”

Says everything I needed to hear from Gregg. The bit about Monty was just icing.

This season is gonna be a good one.

On Leigh Torrence (CB, #29):

“He is one of the fastest guys we’ve timed since I’ve been here in an off-season work out. He’s the fastest guy I know that I have ever put a stop watch on since I came to the Redskins. You can’t coach speed. The things that you hope you can affect a little bit is the understanding of technique, the improved technique. He did all those types of things, but he can just flat out run. He stepped up on special teams. In order for a young corner to

make it in the League, and especially a young, undrafted corner, that person has to be able to be a force on special teams too. He’s replacing the person that did a pretty good job there. Ade Jimoh did a really good job in special teams. I think Leigh has some upside in the defensive back position. I’m real pleased that he’s here. He has a long ways to go too. That’s good that he gets a chance to practice against Santana Moss (WR, #89). He gets a chance to practice against Antwaan Randle El (WR, #82). He gets a chance to practice against pure speed guys in our practice settings. He does a real good job. He caught all of our eyes that way. He did a real good job in the pre-season.”

Exceeeellllent.

On Jason Campbell (QB, #17) seeming relaxed at this point:

“I don’t blame him for seeming relaxed. He has all the weapons in the world around him. You have Chris Cooley (TE, #47), probably one of the top tight ends in the League. You have Santana Moss (WR, #89), one of the most explosive people in the League. You have Randle El (WR, #82) one of the most dangerous people in the League. You have Brandon Lloyd (WR, #85) one of the biggest deep threats ever in the NFL. You have Ladell (Betts, RB, #46), myself. He has a great line in Chris (Samuels, OT, #60) and Pete (Kendall, OL, #66) and Jon (Jansen, OT, #67), Casey (Rabach, OL, #61), Randy (Thomas, OG, #77). He’s surrounded with talent. The only thing he has to do is go out, not make a mistake and play his game.”

Music to my ears..

Yeah, I had forgotten Landry would be starting Sunday. That IS surprising, and a real testament to how ready he is for this level.

He, Rocky, and Monty will be three to watch for sure. I think I may be more excited to see our defense on the field than our offense.

Yeah, I had forgotten Landry would be starting Sunday. That IS surprising, and a real testament to how ready he is for this level.

He, Rocky, and Monty will be three to watch for sure. I think I may be more excited to see our defense on the field than our offense.

i definitely am more stoked to see the D. im really hoping that they come out and put the smack on every team they play. fast, punishing and dominating.

Archived