Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WR Screen could be key on Sunday!

Drunken Master III

I know all of us get tired of seeing the WR screen but this is one week that it may pay big dividends. With the front 7 that the dolphins have, this will be the perfect quick route for us to utilize. I ask you, what is Miami's weakest point on defense? Yes, indeed it is the secondary. So why not get the ball out quick with a few screens. Moss is known to break long gains with that route. Just ask the Kansas City Chiefs. This will be a MAJOR factor in our victory on Sunday.

I've liked the wide receiver screen all along, but it was a little overused in the past. As long as we pick the right situations to use it in, it'll be successful. If we use it too much it can be a dangerous play because it's probably the play most likely, if intercepted, to go for a touchdown.

Moss will be a key period. He's going against Will Allen this week. The last time those two were matched up, Moss made him look downright silly, in every way possible. Torched him on a WR screen, torched him deep, torched him short, every which way, just made him look stupid. Unless Allen has seriously stepped his game up, the Phins are going to need to get him A LOT of help because he absolutely, postively cannot cover Santana Moss.

Moss will be a key period. He's going against Will Allen this week. The last time those two were matched up, Moss made him look downright silly, in every way possible. Torched him on a WR screen, torched him deep, torched him short, every which way, just made him look stupid. Unless Allen has seriously stepped his game up, the Phins are going to need to get him A LOT of help because he absolutely, postively cannot cover Santana Moss.

That's a great call. The Dolphins weakness is the secondary and I'm sure Coach Saunders and Coach Gibbs are going to look for ways to get Moss the ball when he has one on one coverage against Will Allen.

I've liked the wide receiver screen all along, but it was a little overused in the past. As long as we pick the right situations to use it in, it'll be successful. If we use it too much it can be a dangerous play because it's probably the play most likely, if intercepted, to go for a touchdown.

I agree - as long as saunders doesnt use it on each series, but baits the defense in before using the play - i think it could be lethal.

I just pray to god no reverses in week 1.

What do you mean tired of it?!?! I missed the screen last year. We didn't run it nearly as much as we should have like we did a couple years ago. Moss even said it was his favorite pass and between he and Cooley they probably picked up first downs 90% of the time on that play. It was flat out money. We need to run it as much as we did a couple years ago when Santana first got here.

Spurrier use to run these plays well.

well, actually, its moss who runs these plays well. I love this play to santana- in 05 we got SO many big gainers and serveral TD's out of it! I love it when they throw that play, you know why- IT GETS THE BALL IN THE HANDS OF OUR PLAYMAKER! I wouldnt be surprised to see them run it with Randle El, using Moss as a Decoy either- both guys would be great at this play.

HAIL!

If Miami's weakest link on D is the secondary, then why would we throw a 1 yard pass rather than try and throw deep on them. WR screens get the LBers involved.

Makes no sense. If their secondary really is weak, then you throw down the field.

Well I think it was more becasue their front 7 is strong, so it takes the pass rush and most of the lbers out of the play leaving santana and a lineman or two against their db's.

I don't care what kind of plays we run as long as it gets the job done. I loved blowing out Houston with the Brunell dink and dunk screen pass offense. At the very least, it was very amusing to watch.

That said, we can actually throw downfield now so I think we are more likely to run the classic Gibbs offense: power running that sets up downfield passing. We will see some of those crazy plays Saunders likes to run too though, end-arounds, screens, and maybe the Randel El pass.

Lloyd and Randle El will be key this game. The Dolphins will shift coverage over to Moss' side and double team him/keep a safety over Allen all day long. They'll challenge us to beat them on the other side. It'll be up to Campbell/Saunders/Lloyd/Randle El to provide support and consistently attack the other side. Throw deep early and force the safeties and corners to play more conservatively.

Jason loves the deep ball, so I have a good feeling about some big plays this game

Archived