Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zep: How many more times....

thehogs

looks like they are getting back for one more gig for charity

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1282934,00.html

would have gotten really excited over this at one time but it doesnt quite reach that level anymore. I thought Plant had given up on all of this sometime back. It was obvious to him that whilst he himself wanted to progress and do his own thing all Page ever wanted to do was regurgitate old Zep songs over and over (what has Page done in recent years anyway?).

Funny comment in the article where Page apparently put the knife in to Phil Collins for the crap gig they played at Live Aid in the 80's!

:helmet:

they didn't say who the drummer would be. Hopefully Jason Bonham. I'd like to see that show. Btw the most recent Page project that I know of was the double live with the Black Crows which I thought was cool.

Oh, I know about the Black Crows thing. The live album consists of 20 tracks of which 13 (if my arithmetic is right) are Zep songs +1 Yardbirds song. Jimmy hasnt challenged himself to do something different for years. Compare it with Plants real efforts to produce new songs with their own style. Oh well, the gig will sell out no problem anyhoo.

looks like they are getting back for one more gig for charity

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1282934,00.html

Funny comment in the article where Page apparently put the knife in to Phil Collins for the crap gig they played at Live Aid in the 80's!

:helmet:

Unless he blames Collins for getting him piss drunk, I don't know what he's ****ing about.

That gig was crap (and it was REALLY bad) because Page was drunker than hell. He couldn't play.

~Bang

Unless he blames Collins for getting him piss drunk, I don't know what he's ****ing about.

That gig was crap (and it was REALLY bad) because Page was drunker than hell. He couldn't play.

~Bang

I have that on VHS tape, and also the Knebworth concert 1991? (one in the same? I forget) I remember that Page was ghostly white and looked like ****, played like ****.

Archived