Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Optimists Vs. Naysayers Bet Thread - UPDATE: Final Stats

Califan007 The Constipated

Thank you...I was gonna do this earlier today but real life called and interrupted my goof off time lol :laugh:...

3rd overall, check...on pace for 48 sacks, check...+1 turnover ratio, well, that needs to pick up a bit. But hey, that's why I'm called an optimist, right?.. :cool:

heres to us keeping it up and me failing horribly with my predictions!

Thank you...I was gonna do this earlier today but real life called and interrupted my goof off time lol :laugh:...

3rd overall, check...on pace for 48 sacks, check...+1 turnover ratio, well, that needs to pick up a bit. But hey, that's why I'm called an optimist, right?.. :cool:

As JC reduces his mistakes (he has accounted for the ball being on the ground or the hands of the other team quite a few times), the TO diff will go more in our favor.

I hate when real life gets in the way of my time on the interwebs. :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

"1) The Skins defense will rank in the top 15..."

we are currently ranked 16th, after being ranked 5th 5 weeks ago. ouch.

"2) The Skins defense will have 35+ sacks..."

were on pace for about 37. time will tell.

"3) The Skins defense will have a +7 turnover ratio...."

were -1 in turnover ratio. our d will need a miracle to start getting turnovers at a rate to raise this amount.

wish we werent 16th, but its not shocking.

• 3 weeks later...

so with 4 games left to go, heres where we sit:

rank - 10th overall

i actually cannot believe we are this high because we look so bad at times and just allow teams to march down the field on us, but i cant argue with the stat. were a top 10 defense in terms of yardage allowed.

sacks - 26 sacks (on pace for 35)

we could still hit this number but its gonna take some huge games from our D, im doubting this happens.

turnover ratio: -9

ouch. we are dead last in the NFC in turnover ratio. granted our offense doesnt help this, but even if you look at our takeaways, we have 17 on defense, which is 14th out of 16 in the nfc. we are 29th in the league in INTs which proves yet again that this defense is very bad at creating turnovers.

looks like the naysayers are going to win, but there was a side fact about injuries on D which weve had plenty of. at this point i dont care, it just sucks the season turned out this way. ugh.

It also had a section stipulating that if one or two KEY players on defense were put on IR by week 12--NOT simply miss games, but be out the rest of the season--the bet would be called off...I said we'd all decide/vote as to who qualified as a key player on defense, and that the only two players I would consider to fit that definition were Fletcher and Taylor. (please do not expect me to go all into it again as to why I included it lol...but trust me, it was based on what both the "naysayers" AND the "optimists" had been saying all along about the defense).

Well, only Carlos Rogers was on IR by Week 12, and the tragedy happened in Week 13. Don't know if that means anything.

• 3 weeks later...

so with one last game

1. we are ranked 12th, so it looks like we'll stay in the top 15

2. we have 31 sacks, we need 4 to reach the mark of 35.

3. were -4 in turnover so thats not happening. but weve gotten 23 turnovers, which is bottom 10 in the NFL.

so it looks like the naysayers won this bet, yet we still have a great shot at making the playoffs. at this point rankings and stats dont matter, we just need 1 win, and everyones numbers go back to 0.

so with one last game

3. were -4 in turnover so thats not happening. but weve gotten 23 turnovers, which is bottom 10 in the NFL.

so it looks like the naysayers won this bet, yet we still have a great shot at making the playoffs. at this point rankings and stats dont matter, we just need 1 win, and everyones numbers go back to 0.

In the end, our defense was average. Not crappy like last year's, but not dominant like 2004 or 2005.

so with one last game

You never know...we might just get 11 turnovers in the Dallas game this weekend lol...(hey, I'm an optimist :cool: )

Archived