Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Saddest scene in a movie

.Guy.

Are we including TV scenes in this?

This would have to make the list:

Good acting...by Will Smith!?

Yeah, I'll never forget that episode. That was the first time Will impressed me to being speechless. It's more than just Will Smith though. The whole scene is incredible. it's hard to put words to just how powerful of a scene this is when comparing it to our society today.

what is that movie... blow I think, where the main character is looking for his daughter, he finds her after this HUGE black dude basically has his way with her, and she is just stoned out of her mind. someone correct me if this is a dif movie.

how awful and truly sad is that scene. just makes you feel awful watching it.

what is that movie... blow I think, where the main character is looking for his daughter, he finds her after this HUGE black dude basically has his way with her, and she is just stoned out of her mind. someone correct me if this is a dif movie.

how awful and truly sad is that scene. just makes you feel awful watching it.

Traffic when Michael Douglass' character (the drug czar) is looking for Julia Stiles' character (his daughter)?

THAT is messed up. Yeah man. Ice Cube did all he could.

It's been a while but Ice Cubes speach at the end where he says "Either they don't know, don't show, or don't care" talking about the waste of young life....and then he slowly fades away leaving you feeling that he too is killed in some senseless violence later.

I also love the scene where Tre is going to get revenge for Ricky and his father (Lawrence Fishburn) talks him down. Two fantastic actors taking you thru the wringer emotionally.

One that I haven't seen mentioned yet is the end of Big Fish.

Great choice. It was so sad because his son didn't believe his fathers tall tales but at his funeral all the different characters and people he "claimed" he had met came to say their goodbyes - it was really powerful. Reminded me to never take my fathers words for granted.

While this one is not a movie its a scene from Futurama where Frys dog waits for until him until he passes.

I like Forrest Gump too -- but I actually think the most effective scene (and the one that chokes me up) is the scene where Forrest has to ask if his son is smart or if he's...

The acting in that scene is phenomenal and it adds complete depth to the rest of the movie. That he is so acutely aware that he's not as smart as everyone else just makes you walk away from the movie liking Forrest that much more.

American History X.

*SPOILER WARNING*

http://youtube.com/watch?v=69aeQtIEchY&mode=related&search=

Edward Norton is a former neo-Nazi who just got out of jail and wants to prevents his younger brother (who is now a skinhead) from following in his footsteps. Norton finally gets through to him and finally, his brother seems to get "it" and plans to live a non-hate-filled life.

One I haven't seen mentioned yet is Jerry Maguire. The end is one big waterworks festival for me. When Rod gets up from the injury, then when he comes out of the lockerroom, and then when Jerry goes to the house to get his wife back.

Its all kind of soured on me now because of how much of a douche Tom Cruise is, but the movie still gets me. Great job by Cuba Gooding Jr. :)

Don't know about "the" saddest, but one that's not been metioned yet:

Dead Poet's Society ... when Todd Anderson (Ethan Hawke) is told of his friend/roommate Neil Perry's (Robert Leonard) death, he breaks down, tears away from his friends attempts at comfort and runs off into the snow, calling Neil's name.

"Let him go ..."

Ouch.

That scene is a tear jerker, but the scene that really gets me from that movie is the "Oh Captain, My Captain" scene at the end. That was my "get laid" movie in college, because that scene always got the waterworks going. :laugh:

Two Tom Hanks brilliant moments.

Philadelphia end

Gump (at Jenny's grave "I miss you Jenny")

Wow.

Hanks is a brilliant actor. Both of those movies were definitely tear jerkers. The scene from Gump that always gets me is the scene when he first proposes to Jenny, and she turns him down.

"I am not a smart man, but I know what love is..." :laugh: Super cheesy, but gets me every time. :)

Also, the scene where he meets his son for the first time and asks if he's smart...wow. Powerful, powerful scene.

The scene in the movie Crash when the persian store owner shoots the little girl. Of course is turned out that it was a blank and she didn;t actually die, but before I knew that, it was a very sad scene

I was trying to remember exactly what happened there but when I read this thread title that scene came to mind. I too don't get too worked up about movies but that really got to me as a pretty new father at the time. It was brutal to watch her run into his arms and then...

One I haven't seen mentioned yet is Jerry Maguire. The end is one big waterworks festival for me. When Rod gets up from the injury, then when he comes out of the lockerroom, and then when Jerry goes to the house to get his wife back.

You had me at hello...

I know it has been mentioned but the documentry that comes in the Band of Brothers boxset. Seriously everytime I see it I tear up a little. I know it's not a movie but on an Extreme Home Makeover episode when they fix up a baseball field that had been totally destroyed by a hurricane. In the begining of the episode kids from the local little league are giving the host's a tour of the destroyed fields when a little boy just breaks down and starts crying while saying " we have no where to play". Even thinking about gives me chills.

Archived