Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFC East: Quarterbacks, A Cast Of Characters

Ax

I was actually thinking this very morning that as of RIGHT NOW, Jason Campbell IS Quincy Carter. JJ actually has hit it on the head. I don't think there's a reason yet to judge him as always going to be a Quincy, but right now, with what little Jason's done in the NFL, this is true.

(Oh, but aside from the mushmouth you also have to remove the drug habit. This gives Jason a much bigger upside.)

This isn't the first time someone has said Jason Campbell = Quincy Carter.

I've been "following" i guess you can say, for lack of a better word, Jason Campbell ever since he was a huge huge huge uber-recruit coming out of high school. At that time Quincy Carter was lighting it up at UGA, 2 years after being a Parade All-American QB and the 2nd most sought after HS QB recruit in the nation (right behind one Tim Couch). Jason Campbell was referred to as a "Quincy Carter" clone (which at the time was high praise, indeed) and every school in the SEC was hot after him, and Auburn won. I then proceeded to see him struggle for three straight seasons as the starting QB, never fulfilling his immense promise until they stuck two NFL first rounders behind him at runningback.

Their skillsets are almost identical. Both are big strong guys, Quincy was more mobile probably and both have big-time arms. Although by now, of course, we have all seen QC doesn't have the mental or psychological makeup to even stick as a backup QB.

So it's not really a bad thing that Campbell has and continues to be compared to QC. Lets just hope for Skins fans, the comparisons end at physical ability and style of play.

I liked (or hated, if you get my drift) what I saw from Quincy when he came on the scene in Dallas. He had a gun and could run. Maybe even more physically gifted than Campbell. I'm hoping Campbell will show more discipline and heart than carter did.

I don't know what Carter did in college, but Jason won a National Championship, didn't he? I'm trying to find the difference I think I see in Jason and I think it's "pedigree." He seems more seasoned and calm as a "rookie."

I liked (or hated, if you get my drift) what I saw from Quincy when he came on the scene in Dallas. He had a gun and could run. Maybe even more physically gifted than Campbell. I'm hoping Campbell will show more discipline and heart than carter did.

I don't know what Carter did in college, but Jason won a National Championship, didn't he? I'm trying to find the difference I think I see in Jason and I think it's "pedigree." He seems more seasoned and calm as a "rookie."

Carter's college career was the exact opposite of Campbell's. He busted onto the scene as the most highly touted player in Georgia history not named Herschel Walker and immediately electrified Georgia fans with his running and throwing. Then the next season he set an SEC record for lowest INT% in a season and racked up nearly 3000 yards and 20tds total, and then fell apart due to injuries, inconsistency in offensive staff, and who knows what else. Campbell struggled before finally busting out his Senior year. Auburn did not win a National Championship, but they were in the hunt.

I can actually smell the homerism from here.

Sure it ain't your upper lip? While being a proud homer might slightly alter my feelings about the QB's on MY team, it has no influence over my opinion of others. I'm honest enough to admit it. You, being a Brokeback zombie, are either too dumb to realize you are a homer, or just choose to try and lie about it.

Its fun to make predictions and assessments, but nobody on this board believes Campbell isn't in last place in this division.

Wrong, Bullwinkle. You're on a Redskins site. Where most know that your boy Opie has accomplished little more in what, 4 years than Soul-Glo has in 2. He's yet to pass Quincy in the Brokeback record book. Keep sniffin' that ass of his though, you might catch a buzz, or something.

The kid just flat out doesn't have "it". I think with another year of practice, he MIGHT make a decent back up qb in this league, but he's not a starter. Everyone outside of DC knows it.

Well, he had enough "it" to crack the starting lineup faster than Opie did. No, that's not the kind of crack you smoke, so put the monitor down.

He's Quincy Carter, without the mushmouth. But with the soul glow.

That same Quincy that won more games then Homo? I mean, the gay Opie.

McNabb

Campbell

Mark Brunell

Eli

Brad Johnson

Quincy Carter

Opie

Fixed it for you.

I hear there are some good qb's coming out in next years draft though, so keep your head up.

Why, to see which one you guys draft? You already know you should have drafted Brady Quinn this year. Would have been a sweet deal having Steven Jackson to take the heat off him.

Oh SNAP! You dumbasses didn't draft him either.

You guys suck. Man up and admit it.

']Can this thread be nominated for Homer post of the year? I think it would be a lock to win.

I'd thank to thank the members of the academy' date=' my friends and neighbors, and Tom [Giants fan'] for this prestigious award. :D

JJ your a pip.....

Soul Glo will take your precious Opie behind Floyds and have his way with him.

Goober with that patented dumber than dumb look will shoot himself in the foot with Barney's bullet.

Then Buckwheat will fall and hurt his his knee reaching for some of Aunt B's chunky soup.

Soul Glo becomes Mayor of the East and Mayberry, simple!:1stplace:

That's the spirit! Opie, behind Floyds, made me verp a little. :laugh:

Carter's college career was the exact opposite of Campbell's. He busted onto the scene as the most highly touted player in Georgia history not named Herschel Walker and immediately electrified Georgia fans with his running and throwing. Then the next season he set an SEC record for lowest INT% in a season and racked up nearly 3000 yards and 20tds total, and then fell apart due to injuries, inconsistency in offensive staff, and who knows what else. Campbell struggled before finally busting out his Senior year. Auburn did not win a National Championship, but they were in the hunt.

Thank you, ChrisFul.

Edit- SEC Title? :)

The kid just flat out doesn't have "it".

And you're basing this on..................................homerism? OK, gotcha. :D

We know Eli Manning sucks. He's proven absolutely nothing and has started for years. How much he sucks is a proven fact. Campbell started 7 games for an injured, broken team and was equal to Eli.

Did you even watch a single preseason game or did you just pull that out of your ass?

Last year preseason

Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate

26 51 51.0 270 5.3 0 2 8 58 50.3

This Year preseason

17 27 63.0 233 8.6 1 0 3 20 102.9

His QB rating went up 50 points and his completion percentage went up by 12 percent. If that isn't an improvement then what is?

If you pay attention a little bit to JJ's posts, you'll notice he loves to pull statements out of his rear and throw them against the wall to see if they stick. More often than not they jost flop back down on the floor. Good times.

Did you even watch a single preseason game or did you just pull that out of your ass?

Last year preseason

26 51 51.0 270 5.3 0 2 8 58 50.3

This Year preseason

17 27 63.0 233 8.6 1 0 3 20 102.9

His QB rating went up 50 points and his completion percentage went up by 12 percent. If that isn't an improvement then what is?

I wasn't talking this preseason to last preseason. I was talking about last season vs this season.

Around 50% completion rate. Same as last year. :doh:

Quincy is a complete idiot. Always has been, probably always will be. He screwed up bigtime and he only has himself to blame.

I wouldn't compare JC to quincy off the field. I think JC has it together off the field.

And I can respect that you "hope" he makes it. Every fan would agree with you there. However, as far as the national championship goes, like another poster said, never underestimate the two best backs in the country were right behind him.

If you pay attention a little bit to JJ's posts, you'll notice he loves to pull statements out of his rear and throw them against the wall to see if they stick. More often than not they jost flop back down on the floor. Good times.

Uh, no, you just misunderstood me (again). I'm beginning to see a pattern here.

Anyway, why would I compare preseason to preseason? JC was 2nd, or 3rd string last year in preseason? You want me to compare his numbers playing with hacks, and playing against hacks to playing first string preseason this year?

I woulda thought you knew more about football than that Armchair. Guess not, my bad.;)

Uh, no, you just misunderstood me (again). I'm beginning to see a pattern here.

Anyway, why would I compare preseason to preseason? JC was 2nd, or 3rd string last year in preseason? You want me to compare his numbers playing with hacks, and playing against hacks to playing first string preseason this year?

I woulda thought you knew more about football than that Armchair. Guess not, my bad.;)

What are you comparing again? Just to clarify.

By the way, my post wasn't just based on this thread, but on your posts as a whole.

I wasn't talking this preseason to last preseason. I was talking about last season vs this season.

Because he was introduced into Saunder timing offense? Have you ever play football man? He was a first year started thrust into a timing offense with no pratice with the 1st string wide reciever. What you think his percentage would be? 60+percent?

BTW his completion percentage went up steadily last year toward the end as he get more comfatable.

As for the comparision to Carter, physically it is not a bad thing. I remember when Quincy was hail as the best QB in college until his final two years I think. The guy was gifted but didn't know how to mentally applied his gift. Jason doesn't seem to have this problem and I am pretty sure if Quincy had the right coach he could have been a good QB.

Sure it ain't your upper lip? While being a proud homer might slightly alter my feelings about the QB's on MY team, it has no influence over my opinion of others. I'm honest enough to admit it. You, being a Brokeback zombie, are either too dumb to realize you are a homer, or just choose to try and lie about it.

Wrong, Bullwinkle. You're on a Redskins site. Where most know that your boy Opie has accomplished little more in what, 4 years than Soul-Glo has in 2. He's yet to pass Quincy in the Brokeback record book. Keep sniffin' that ass of his though, you might catch a buzz, or something.

Well, he had enough "it" to crack the starting lineup faster than Opie did. No, that's not the kind of crack you smoke, so put the monitor down.

That same Quincy that won more games then Homo? I mean, the gay Opie.

Fixed it for you.

Why, to see which one you guys draft? You already know you should have drafted Brady Quinn this year. Would have been a sweet deal having Steven Jackson to take the heat off him.

Oh SNAP! You dumbasses didn't draft him either.

You guys suck. Man up and admit it.

:laugh: :laugh:

Seriously... WeOwnU has 0 credibility on this board, no matter what username he posts under.

Great original post btw, I lol'd big time :cheers:

Here's how I rank the individual position RIGHT NOW in the NFC East:

1. Buckwheat

2. Goober

3. lil' Opie Cunningham

4. Darryl

Here's how I rank them on POTENTIAL (i.e., which QB I would choose for a keeper fantasy league)

1. Darryl

2. Goober

3. Buckwheat

4. lil' Opie Cunningham

And here's how I rank the strength of position in the NFC East:

1. Eagles (Kolb looked very good in preseason)

2. Redskins

3. Cowturds

4. Giants

I can actually smell the homerism from here. Its fun to make predictions and assessments, but nobody on this board believes Campbell isn't in last place in this division. The kid just flat out doesn't have "it". I think with another year of practice, he MIGHT make a decent back up qb in this league, but he's not a starter. Everyone outside of DC knows it.

He's Quincy Carter, without the mushmouth. But with the soul glow.

McNabb

Romo sits to pee

Eli

Campbell.

I hear there are some good qb's coming out in next years draft though, so keep your head up.

Romo sits to pee has "it"? Hahahahahahahahahahaha

McNabb has "it" hahahahaha

Eli has "it" hahahahaha

JC jas it more than of them. He had it back in college. Better career than all of them. He will have a better NFL career than all of them also.

Romo sits to pee a.k.a. Kelly Clarksons ****h. Is better off holding purses for a living than a football. Bring in Brad Johnson it will be better than.

:laugh:

Romo sits to pee has "it"? Hahahahahahahahahahaha

McNabb has "it" hahahahaha

Eli has "it" hahahahaha

JC jas it more than of them. He had it back in college. Better career than all of them. He will have a better NFL career than all of them also.

Romo sits to pee a.k.a. Kelly Clarksons ****h. Is better off holding purses for a living than a football. Bring in Brad Johnson it will be better than.

:laugh:

McNabb has it.

Romo sits to pee has looked capable but the jury is still out.

Manning has talent.

Campbell has a lot to prove, but is athletic and cool-headed.

This is the stark reality of it. Nice upside, but Jason is the least proven. To hope otherwise is natural. To claim otherwise is silly.

You aren't really this stupid are you? He was 63% this preseason, which is "around 50%" just as it's "around 75%". Actually, I can more legitimately say it is close to 75% than you can say it is close to 50%.

Hell, I don't even know what to make of Campbell coming out of this preseason, but I can unequivocally state that, statistically speaking, he has been more accurate this preseason than he was last season.

Why do you expose yourself so easily to such ridicule?

First, the 2007 World Champion Redskins will be led by Jason "Soul-Glo" Campbell.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My brother and I have been saying this since we first drafted JC. He looks just like Eric LaSalle. He should just start driving a camaro and wearing a jericurl. Hilarious. "Just let your S-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-U-L! GLOW! Soul-Glo is now officially Campbell's nickname. No discussion on this.

You aren't really this stupid are you? He was 63% this preseason, which is "around 50%" just as it's "around 75%". Actually, I can more legitimately say it is close to 75% than you can say it is close to 50%.

Hell, I don't even know what to make of Campbell coming out of this preseason, but I can unequivocally state that, statistically speaking, he has been more accurate this preseason than he was last season.

Why do you expose yourself so easily to such ridicule?

He loves being owned. That's why he makes outlandish statements. He must love to be called out on them. There's just no other explanation.

Archived