Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why do our Authentic jerseys cost more?

CallMeGreen

Apologies for repeating myself, in that I asked this question in fuji869's thread yesterday.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4083111&postcount=21

On nflshop.com I was shopping for our new 75th anniversary authentic jersey, and in regular size (48-56), they cost $284.99. I had always thought that seemed a bit pricey. And after doing a small amount of research, it turns out I'm right. We're being raked over. For what it's worth, the prices appear to be the same at reebok.com.

The other teams, same size, by price:

$189.99 - Colts

$194.99 - Packers

$209.99 - Raiders

$214.99 - Jets

$224.99 - Cowboys

$229.99 - Giants, Chiefs, Titans, Bears, Lions

$239.99 - Saints, Broncos, 49ers

$244.99 - Browns

$247.99 - Chargers

$249.99 - Panthers

$259.99 - Eagles, Patriots, Cardinals, Seahawks, Rams, Vikings, Falcons

$274.99 - Texans

$284.99 - Redskins, Dolphins, Ravens, Bills, Bengals, Steelers, Bucs

$309.99 - Jaguars

Then I wondered if ours were more expensive due to the color, extra stripes, what? I looked up the Chiefs, very similar to ours, and theirs are $229.99 like the Giants.

Our last exhibition opponent, Jacksonville? They get ripped off worse than us. Theirs are $309.99 for the normal sized authentics, $369.99 for the larger ones. Our bigs are "only" $339.99.

This got me to thinking. Is this pricing based on volume? Could be. Packers, Raiders and Cowboys always seem to leading in jersey sales. And last years SB winners are cheaper at only $224.99. Yet, the previous winners (Steelers) are the same as ours.

I guess we'll have to keep looking out for sales. Sports Authority had a 15% off sale about two weeks ago. Reebok had a 40% off sale last November... here's hoping they repeat the sale this year.

The stripes are paint I believe, but I'm going to take a guess it is the color, or because our Jerseys aren't bought constantly.

Face it, due to the bandwagon fans, Cowboy fans probably sell a lot.

Colts could be due to the Superbowl, and they're doing one of the appreciation things.

it could be because the redskins have such a huge fanbase and then again it could be from how many other redskins jerseys they have sold that made them jack our price up.

or it could be danny boy charging us even more..lol

all i know is..ill be waiting for it to come out on ebay and getting one there

or, I don't know, our jerseys are in high demand and they are selling at that price. Like at alot of sales at stores, items not selling are reduced, and the high demand items stay the same, or maybe I just have wishful thinking LOL

I'd have to believe the Colts sell a hell of a lot of Peyton Mannning jerseys.

The stripes are paint I believe, but I'm going to take a guess it is the color, or because our Jerseys aren't bought constantly.

Face it, due to the bandwagon fans, Cowboy fans probably sell a lot.

Colts could be due to the Superbowl, and they're doing one of the appreciation things.

For close to $300 I hate to think they use paint.

I have no doubt the bandwagon Cowboy fans drive up sales. I'm beginning to think when people come here from other countries that they must really believe Dallas is America's Team.:puke:

And I suppose you're right about the Colts. All the frontrunner Steeler fans must have converted from the previous year. We'll have to win the Super Bowl ourselves this year to find out if this theory is correct.:)

And I suppose you're right about the Colts. All the frontrunner Steeler fans must have converted from the previous year. We'll have to win the Super Bowl ourselves this year to find out if this theory is correct.:)

Hmm, you might be on to something... I remember now how everywhere I looked in the Tampa area, there was nothing but Steelers jerseys in January 2006. Now there's Colts fans everywhere... :rolleyes: It must be nice to have your team win the championship every year.

Ever heard of the term YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR....Ours are expensive because its worth every penny....Who would want to buy cheap **** like the other teams....LOL. I would imagine Danny boy has something to do with it.

Apologies for repeating myself, in that I asked this question in fuji869's thread yesterday.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4083111&postcount=21

On nflshop.com I was shopping for our new 75th anniversary authentic jersey, and in regular size (48-56), they cost $284.99. I had always thought that seemed a bit pricey. And after doing a small amount of research, it turns out I'm right. We're being raked over. For what it's worth, the prices appear to be the same at reebok.com.

The other teams, same size, by price:

$189.99 - Colts

$194.99 - Packers

$209.99 - Raiders

$214.99 - Jets

$224.99 - Cowboys

$229.99 - Giants, Chiefs, Titans, Bears, Lions

$239.99 - Saints, Broncos, 49ers

$244.99 - Browns

$247.99 - Chargers

$249.99 - Panthers

$259.99 - Eagles, Patriots, Cardinals, Seahawks, Rams, Vikings, Falcons

$274.99 - Texans

$284.99 - Redskins, Dolphins, Ravens, Bills, Bengals, Steelers, Bucs

$309.99 - Jaguars

Then I wondered if ours were more expensive due to the color, extra stripes, what? I looked up the Chiefs, very similar to ours, and theirs are $229.99 like the Giants.

Our last exhibition opponent, Jacksonville? They get ripped off worse than us. Theirs are $309.99 for the normal sized authentics, $369.99 for the larger ones. Our bigs are "only" $339.99.

This got me to thinking. Is this pricing based on volume? Could be. Packers, Raiders and Cowboys always seem to leading in jersey sales. And last years SB winners are cheaper at only $224.99. Yet, the previous winners (Steelers) are the same as ours.

I guess we'll have to keep looking out for sales. Sports Authority had a 15% off sale about two weeks ago. Reebok had a 40% off sale last November... here's hoping they repeat the sale this year.

Hey MTH, this is off the subject, but what are you going to do with your L. Marshall authentic?
I'm surprised you'd know I still have it. But it's not an authentic. Authentic jerseys are FAKE. Authentic jerseys are imported pieces of ... I really hope most people reading this thread knows that. They're manufactured in sweat shops overseas for peanuts. I don't collect so-called authentic jerseys. The Marshall jersey I have is a team issued game jersey, made in the USA.

What will I do with it? I dunno. It's sitting in my closet right now. It was his first year, a 2001 game jersey from when he was a nobody. He fought his way through the trenches and made it all the way to starting defensive QB. Nice story to it. I'm happy keeping it. :)

re authentic jerseys, and why they are so expensive, I think they are so expensive because people buy them. And I think Snyder is behind it (pure speculation). And I think people buy them because people think they are buying an authentic jersey. But they're not. But this has nothing to do with topic

The topic of this thread, properly worded, is: Why are Redskins authentic fake jerseys are so much MORE expensive than the other teams' authentic fake jerseys?

EDIT: Okay, they're not really pieces of ****. They're very nice jerseys. They're just not worth anywhere near the money the NFL wants, and calling them authentic is dishonest. MHO

Carry on.

Archived