Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trent Green and Saunders Playbook.....

dinothekid

Trent Green knows Al Saunder's playbook inside and out, sure he is always changing it, adding plays ect., but is anyone else worried that Miami's defense will have a good idea of what to look for?

same logic applies to us

al saunders taught trent green his playbook in KC,and Saunders probably knows green's game inside and out,which can help our D.

same logic applies to us

al saunders taught trent green his playbook in KC,and Saunders probably knows green's game inside and out,which can help our D.

True, knowing a playbook is much more of an advantage than know a QB's style and tendencies. You can learn about a QB just by watching tape.

dogg, that was like a punch in the gut. i hadn't thought about that all preseason, and was feelin extremely good about the miami game. now i just feel very good about it. chow184's comment made me feel a little better though.

dogg, that was like a punch in the gut. i hadn't thought about that all preseason, and was feelin extremely good about the miami game. now i just feel very good about it. chow184's comment made me feel a little better though.

I know, I never thought of it until now. I am sure Saunders has been planing around this.

Also, Saunders ought to know Green's tendencies first hand. The Dolphins don't have that advantage. The Phins could also get in trouble if they prepare for Campbell by watching last year's film. Campbell should have a lot more in his arsenal (meaning his knowledge of the playbook) than he did then.

As long as Green 40, green 40, green 40 isn't throwing the damn ball, im not really concerned at all. At this level of play every team knows the other teams plays, its called game film. Iits not like Trent Green is the only guy in the league to have ever played for a coach he will be playing against, im sure you can probably find somebody in every game of every week who has played for the opposing O or D Coordinator.

Like i said as long as old Noodle Arm isn't back there, Its gonna be a bright, bright, bright, sunshiny day!

I know, I never thought of it until now. I am sure Saunders has been planing around this.

yeah, i think we'll be ok. to be honest, i'm prepared for the possibility that it may take the offense a few games to really catch on. i wouldn't have been that surprised if they looked a little rusty in miami any. i feel good about the game because i think our defense will carry us. as long as the O doesn't give up a lot of turnovers we should be ok. goin in there and lightin up the scoreboard would have been a bonus for me. it was an interestin thought though, since it hadn't crossed most peoples minds.

To be honest, I think that we take an approach like Coach Lombardi would do. You know what is coming, but if you execute the play correctly, you won't be able to stop it. I think that if our teams executes, we shouldn't be stopped, even if they know the play via trent green.

This is hysterical.

I always love this question. Again, it makes it sound like the key to football is getting Marcia to date the captain of the Dolphins so that Greg can steal his playbook.

If you give me five hours with the coach's tape of any four games from last year, and I can give you 80 to 90 percent of the Redskins' playbook.

It's football. Not drug research.

Not that worried.... If the Skins D shows up and plays like it can than Green wont have an impact. Anything he could tell the Miami D - they could probably pick up from film study. And Green took a pretty nasty shot to the head last year - he probably does not remember playing for Saunders...

Not that worried.... If the Skins D shows up and plays like it can than Green wont have an impact. Anything he could tell the Miami D - they could probably pick up from film study. And Green took a pretty nasty shot to the head last year - he probably does not remember playing for Saunders...

lol

Saunders will mix it up enough to keep the defense unsure of what's coming, whether they know some of the playbook or not. And there are so many plays that can be run out of any given formation.

Knowing Al, the formation will change 12 times before the snap. Especially with the versatility of Cooley and Sellers being able to line up pretty much anywhere. Love those guys!

I would think that he would know some of the formations, but as most of us know, the entire playbook is never on display in one game. The coaches pick the plays they think will be the most successful against the opposing defense. He may be able to offer minor input to the defensive coordinator with the personnel we have in the huddle, but Saunders offense employs many pre-snap shifts. What it boils down to is execution.

Like the execution of Trent Green on a delayed strong safety blitz. Oooohhhhh.....the pain.

Dang, beat me to it.

Archived