Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs Denies Trade of Brunell (Chan 9 is retracting report)

Frediemac

I'm tired of this crap. Gibbs thinks Brunell is Elway when everyone else knows he's nothing more than a Ty Detmer.

Is Brunell starting? No he's not so stfu and get off Gibbs back. Oh and btw only a moron would want to trade Brunell now after seeing Palmer, unless of course we can get some value for him.

I knew this had to be a bunch of crap :pooh:

It just didnt make any sense..

Seahawks just couldn't make the ham sandwich fast enough.

Or maybe they sent Gibbs a gift certificate for a Subway Ham Sandwich and he respectfully declined the offer.

Subway is the worst. They don't even use real meat. The **** looks just like the really cheap packaged lunch meat. :laugh: :laugh:

I watched the game on the Jaguars network and Tony Boselli said Brunell would be with a different team by Saturday. I don't know if he was just speculating or he has some inside info, he didn't elaborate.

For those who don't know Boselli is Brunell's best friend and former left tackle when he was in Jax. They're church buddies.:2cents:

Mark Brunell was publicly saying, before the game, that he expected to go to Seattle as a back-up. Talked to my brother, in Jacksonville, at around 7pm last night. He said a local radio station was reporting the above based on a Brunell interview. I posted that on the board at around 7:30pm. So if all this is hot air, Brunell should take some of the heat for the rumours.

Don't let Brunell go anywhere. We need to carry 3 QB's and Palmer is Practice Squad material...maybe. We forget that we have a QB with tons of game and playoff experience to help tutor Jason Campbell. I know his arm is shot but he can still contribute in a way a lot of us are not seeing.

Did any of you watch the second half of that game? Jordan Palmer didn't just look bad... he looked like pure ****e! It was scary watching him go out there and play. If he can't make the right decisions against the likes of those backups' backups, think what is going to happen when he goes against the likes of our division "blitz happy" defenses. Or against the Patriots? Or any other NFL starting roster?

Brunell's arm may be washed up. He may not have the legs he used to. He may be getting slightly higher pay than most nfl backups. But he also knows this system better than last year. If he comes in the game they won't have to drop 5/6 of the playbook like they would for a 6th round draft pick rookie. HE DOESN'T COST US MANY TURNOVERS. Last year he had very few interceptions. Most of them came at the end of a game when we were playing from behind becuase our D was almost non-existant. This year our D looks like it will be stout at the least.

If Campbell and Collins go down, the season would not just be over if Palmer came in. We would be screwed. Brunell will give us a chance.

If we get a 3rd or 4th round pick out of it... it could be worth a gamble. But Collins is 37 years old and hasn't started a full nfl game in a long time. You gonna trust your season to our 6th round QB rookie, who looks like what we drafted?

Mark Brunell was publicly saying, before the game, that he expected to go to Seattle as a back-up. Talked to my brother, in Jacksonville, at around 7pm last night. He said a local radio station was reporting the above based on a Brunell interview. I posted that on the board at around 7:30pm. So if all this is hot air, Brunell should take some of the heat for the rumours.

Was that last week he was saying that? My memory is crap, but I do seem to remember him joking about something like that.

Was that last week he was saying that? My memory is crap, but I do seem to remember him joking about something like that.

No - the Jacksonville radio station just interviewed him yesterday, and that's when they started boradcasting the story. So at least some time before the game, Brunell was saying he expected to be in Seattle.

I guess he is not going anywhere and we can stop with this silliness. He is good backup so I am glad that the skins were not so quick to move him. Unless it was a good pick in trade, it would not have been worth it. Besides, Seneca Wallace was just inked to back up hasselbeck. I don't think that they are going to pay a guy back up qb money to go and play TE, although stranger things have happened in regards to switching positions, but Brunell IMO, isn't going anywhere.

I guess he is not going anywhere and we can stop with this silliness. He is good backup so I am glad that the skins were not so quick to move him. Unless it was a good pick in trade, it would not have been worth it. Besides, Seneca Wallace was just inked to back up hasselbeck. I don't think that they are going to pay a guy back up qb money to go and play TE, although stranger things have happened in regards to switching positions, but Brunell IMO, isn't going anywhere.
\

\

I have to agree with you here. Unless Seattle was willing to part with a 4th or 5th rounder, I thinks its better to have Brunell as the insurance policy here

The issue is NOT Jordan Palmer. #3 QBs never see the field. The issue is whether Gibbs feels comfortable with Collins as the back-up. I'd guess Saunders wants Collins as the #2, and Gibbs wants Brunell. The only way Palmer factors in is if they don't think he has a reasonable chance of developing. Yes, he looked putrid last night, but he's a rookie 6th round QB - he's supposed to look awful. Last late round rookie that looked great in preseason was Frerotte...

It still seems like it is going to happen doesn't it. I mean where would they get all that. They said that Mark Brunell told people before the game that it was going to be his LAST game as a Redskin. Did they just make all that stuff up. But Gibbs says that MB is not going anywhere. Gibbs knows lying is wrong. Weird stuff.

Archived