Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jansen Cracks Ribs [RUMOR]

Frediemac

wonder if it happened when he spun back around and put his arms up high to stop the charging DL from hitting Campbell...sure looked awkward enough and wasn't from impact. Maybe its a muscle tear from the ribs ala Darrell Green from that punt return td in the playoffs vs Chi??

http://coveringtheredskins.blogspot.com/

Injuries: LB Dallas Sartz suffered a right hamstring injury.. CB John Eubanks who was fighting for the final CB spot may have lost out after he left the game and was carted off with a hamstring injury.. Numerous players were cramping during the second half, TE Eric Edwards was also carted off the field after the trainers were attending to his cramped calves.. DT Matthias Askew and CB Leigh Torrence both were helped from the field due to cramping.. S Reed Doughty suffered a laceration above his right eye, he needed to be stitched up as if he were in a boxing bout..

T Jon Jansen had his lower back attended to after getting bent back on one play, he didn’t leave the field during the starter’s lone series and the trainers said he will be fine..

Todd Wade was used as the second team right tackle exemplifying the move back to his natural position, at this point, Wade is not likely even the primary back-up at guard.. Wade had to have his ailing shoulder attended to during the game..

Mr. Fragile strikes again.

His achilles was it before. His thumb broke. Then his OTHER thumb broke. Now his ribs.

And yet other than the freak achilles injury he has missed exactly one game in 7 seasons. If he is Mr. Fragile then he must be Lord Pain Tolerance.

Wade IMO is a better and stronger RT than Jansen is now. Jon is not the same player he was 3-4 years ago before the Achilles and the other assorted injuries.

He has become a liability in the passing game as quicker ends have had their way getting around him to the outside.

I think either it's a false report, or you heard it wrong. He seemed fine in the Post-Game interview.

I guess we'll know for sure tomorrow.

In the post game show he was laughing and cracking jokes at chic the whole time...i cant see him having cracked ribs, so i completely agree with you

The same Jansen who was part of a line that allowed only 19 sacks last season? Or the Jansen who was part of a line that helped the rushing game be 4th overall last year?

I'm talking about the Jansen that the coaching staff was suprised that they had to give him so much help on pass protection to cover up his deteriorating skills.

Archived