Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rate the running backs

4skins23

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

My rating is: 1.Portis

2.Betts/Mason

3.Betts/Mason

4.Cartwright

I like Mason. He's getting big runs with 2nd string offensive line playing. I think he MAY be every bit as good as Betts, maybe better. Cartwright has not impressed me. Portis is actually imo getting hurt too much. If he gets hurt again this season, I'd move him down the depth charts because it seems we cannot rely on him.(If he gets hurt again.) With guys on the team like Betts and Mason, I wouldn't hesitate either. Just my :2cents:

as far as RB goes i agree with you

1. portis

2. betts/mason

4. rock

as far as players detrimental to our team

1. portis

2. betts

3. rock

4. mason

granted i think that the staff should see if mason can return kicks. he did all through high school and i'm pretty sure he was used in college to return kicks when they needed it.

as far as RB goes i agree with you

1. portis

2. betts/mason

4. rock

as far as players detrimental to our team

1. portis

2. betts

3. rock

4. mason

granted i think that the staff should see if mason can return kicks. he did all through high school and i'm pretty sure he was used in college to return kicks when they needed it.

You mean players important to our team

1. portis

2. betts

3. rock

4. mason

:)

Well...I've only seen Betts, Cartwright (very sparingly), and Mason in the preseason. Mason has been the most impressive, but that's against suspect competition. Still, I think he brings something to the table, and I think he makes the roster.

I really like this Mason guy. I know it just pre-season but from what he has shows me so far his potential is very high.

He could potentially split carries with Portis in 2-3 years (and keep him fresh) and take over Portis role as he begin to wear down in 5 years. This is the best case senario.

I think as he become more comfatable in the scheme he won't hestitate as much. Love his cutbacks.

I think he MAY be every bit as good as Betts, maybe better.

you lost me right when you said that. Their is no way in hell Mason is as good or even BETTER than Betts. Their is a reason Betts has a 11 million dollar contract and Mason is struggling to even get a roster spot. I like Mason i think he should make it on the practice squad. But just because he's out rushed Betts in the preseason doesnt at all make him better than Betts.

you lost me right when you said that. Their is no way in hell Mason is as good or even BETTER than Betts. Their is a reason Betts has a 55 million dollar contract and Mason is struggling to even get a roster spot. I like Mason i think he should make it on the practice squad. But just because he's out rushed Betts in the preseason doesnt at all make him better than Betts.

What 55 million dollar contract did Ladell Betts sign?

I think in order to be considered for the preseason that you would have to play. I think that portis shouldn't be up there because he hasn't played this preseason. I think that Mason has really out produced the starters in many cases. He gets my vote.

you lost me right when you said that. Their is no way in hell Mason is as good or even BETTER than Betts. Their is a reason Betts has a 55 million dollar contract and Mason is struggling to even get a roster spot. I like Mason i think he should make it on the practice squad. But just because he's out rushed Betts in the preseason doesnt at all make him better than Betts.

Yeah,that was kinda dumb on my part eh? I was a little high on the mason train when I wrote that. I sometimes do blow things out of proportion-usually to get a response. After all of you 'skins fans put it in perspective, yes,I loike Mason,he does have potential. I still believe he should make the team. I won't take back what I said as far as being as good as Betts. I did say maybe. There are a lot of variables, like what kind of shape is Betts in now? How is Mason with a 1st string line blocking for him? How about the 1st string defense on the other side of the ball? We as fans just haven't seen enough of either player this preseason in the right situations to make a positive statement. I just kind of threw that out there. I do believe that he has the potential to be better than Betts easily. MAYBE better than or = to Portis-but not right now. Used in the right situations Mason could be very beneficial to the skins. More so imo than any of the other backs, besides Portis and Betts.

We really shouldn't rank Mason yet since he isn't proven. However judging from the pre-season games he got some stuff that you can't coach into a runningback such as his cutting skills and studdle steps. However he is raw and need more coaching. He seem to hestitate a little too much (sometime it's a good thing) and gainst nfl defenses the holes close very fast. For being undrafted this kid has all the tools to be good.

Well duh. Mason has played better than Portis because Portis hasn't played. He's played well so far, (against some players that we'll never here of again), but better than Betts? Hasn't played against the same guys that Betts has. Nah. He's played more than Cartwright, but has he played better? Against similar competition? Probably not. Point being is that Mason is going to get some looks. No doubt about it. Coaches know what the guys ahead of him bring and really don't need to see it again all that much. Mason has to prove he can do it better than the guys ahead of him. There isn't a thing that he's done so far that we haven't seen the other 3 do in the past. He may do so one day, but as Newblood said, he is still pretty raw.

Archived