Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Re-Sign RB Dee Brown

Om

For Immediate Release

August 30, 2007

WASHINGTON REDSKINS SIGN RB DEE BROWN

Ashburn, VA - The Washington Redskins announced today that they have re-signed running back Dee Brown. Terms of the contract were not disclosed.

Brown, 5-10, 210 lbs., re-joins the Redskins after originally signing on August 7, 2007 and was released August 24, 2007. He played for the Kansas City Chiefs the past two seasons. For his career, Brown has played in 44 games, starting three. He has 119 rushes for 405 yards, 21 receptions for 114 yards, and 27 kickoff returns for 496 yards. He previously spent time on the active roster of three other clubs:

Carolina (2001-02), Pittsburgh (2003), and Cleveland (2004).

During the 2006 season, he played in 15 games primarily on special teams and recorded 10 carries for 24 yards (2.4 avg) and one reception for five yards. He was second on the team with 21 special teams tackles and one fumble recovery. He also has playoff experience, appearing in the AFC Wild Card Game at Indianapolis (1/6/07).

Brown was selected by Carolina in the sixth round (175th overall) of the 2001 NFL draft. Brown finished his collegiate career at Syracuse second in school history with 28 rushing touchdowns and fifth with 2,626 rushing yards.

The Redskins also announced today that they have placed running back Derrick Blaylock on injured reserve.

For Immediate Release

August 30, 2007

WASHINGTON REDSKINS SIGN RB DEE BROWN

Ashburn, VA - The Washington Redskins announced today that they have re-signed running back Dee Brown. Terms of the contract were not disclosed.

Brown, 5-10, 210 lbs., re-joins the Redskins after originally signing on August 7, 2007 and was released August 24, 2007. He played for the Kansas City Chiefs the past two seasons. For his career, Brown has played in 44 games, starting three. He has 119 rushes for 405 yards, 21 receptions for 114 yards, and 27 kickoff returns for 496 yards. He previously spent time on the active roster of three other clubs:

Carolina (2001-02), Pittsburgh (2003), and Cleveland (2004).

During the 2006 season, he played in 15 games primarily on special teams and

recorded 10 carries for 24 yards (2.4 avg) and one reception for five yards. He was second on the team with 21 special teams tackles and one fumble recovery. He also has playoff experience, appearing in the AFC Wild Card Game at Indianapolis (1/6/07).

Brown was selected by Carolina in the sixth round (175th overall) of the 2001 NFL draft. Brown finished his collegiate career at Syracuse second in school history with 28 rushing touchdowns and fifth with 2,626 rushing yards.

The Redskins also announced today that they have placed running back Derrick Blaylock on injured reserve.[/QUOTE]

Does this give Marcus Mason a chance to make the 53-man team? I know you MM fanboys are going to go crazy with this :laugh:

Damn right, GO MARCUS!!!!!!!

Again, it seems to me the fact they re-signed Brown is a bad sign for Mason, right? The assumption was that Mason was battling Blaylock for a roster spot. If that was the case, and Blaylock's on IR, then why bring back Brown?

For Mason, I see practice squad at best now.

Again, it seems to me the fact they re-signed Brown is a bad sign for Mason, right? The assumption was that Mason was battling Blaylock for a roster spot. If that was the case, and Blaylock's on IR, then why bring back Brown?

For Mason, I see practice squad at best now.

Maybe it's for preseason purposes?

Hmmm, very interesting. What's wrong with Blaylock? And I fear that re-signing the previously cut Brown doesn't bode well for Marcus Mason.

Seems that way, but you know this coaching staff seems to favor age over talent/potential/ability.

brown has received a ton of carries while mason hasn't been getting any looks. perhaps they want to PS him and don't want anyone to get any film? :whoknows:

Seems that way, but you know this coaching staff seems to favor age over talent/potential/ability.

brown has received a ton of carries while mason hasn't been getting any looks. perhaps they want to PS him and don't want anyone to get any film? :whoknows:

Did I miss something? I haven't seen Brown do anything but special teams this preseason while Mason is 3rd on the team in carries.

I also don't think the signing of Brown has any effect on Mason. He's just there in case we need him tonight and probably for a practice body until the next round of cuts.

Archived