Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Sports Nation: 8-29-07 Redskin Tidbit

bubba9497

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=17022

click link for full article

Dan (Portland): Gary, If the Skins D can hold opponents to 17 or fewer points per game, can they win 10?

SportsNation Gary Horton: With those kind of stats, they probably could, but I don't think they will. This has been a good defense with an off year in 2006. I think the offense will carry the Redskins this year. If they stay with it, they will have a very strong run game with Portis and Betts. They have a good offensive line but a somewhat untested QB, and they are in a very competitive division. They're more like an 8-8 team than 10-6. Dallas and Philadelphia are a notch above them.

Dallas and Philadelphia are a notch above them.[/color]

PPFFFFFFFFFfffffffffffffffffffffft...

Philly is scary, but the pukes definitely aren't.

But I'm not sold on Philly's LBs...they could have problems with the run.

The pukes are an illusion. An average team. Average qb, average defense, old WRs and a suspect OL. 8-8 at best.

17 points per game equates to 272 points allowed for the season. Only three teams-- Baltimore, New England, and Chicago-- allowed fewer than 272 points last season. Basically, this question is "if the Redskins have a top 5 defense, can they win ten games?" I think the answer to that question, much like if it were asked of any NFL team, is a resounding yes.

A question that demands a substantive answer may be "Is the Redskins defense capable of reaching the elite level in 2007?"

Please. Philthy and Dallass a notch above us? We are as deeply talented as any team in the league. Of course it hasn't translated into wins, but its also a new year. Sure, there are questions with this team, but it is no less talented.

Dallass has questions with implentation of a new offense and new defense under a new coaching regime. There are questions about Tony Romo sits to pee as well.

Philthy has questions with one of two of its most important players. Hell, both of its most important players. Can McNabb stay healthy this season? Can Westbrook? Can he be effective even though he's admitted he'll be less than 100% through this season. How effective are their receivers going to be? They basically don't have a true No. 1 on the roster, and I believe that will affect McNabb as well. L.J. Smith is going into the season nursing a groin injury. Lets not annointe these guys yet either.

I guess most agree that the Giants have a lot of questions as well. I think it would be a mistake to discount them though. They do have talent as well. I just wonder if the players are drinking the Kool-Aid anymore. They've had dissension in the ranks for over two years now. The veteran leadership that has been there longer than Coughlin, simply usurp the coaches authority by being vocally critical about him in the media. They seem to be a rudderless ship with no real leadership on either side of the ball.

So if we don't have as good a shot as anyone else to take this division, then I've been watching soccer for 29 some odd years. I can't see where anyone could disagree. But thats just me.

My only question is how is Homo of the Pukes a great QB with 10 games under his belt and JC is unproven? Romo sits to pee 's first 5 games were good and he sucked the last 5. Who is to say he will not suck this year.

EXACTLY! this really bothers me!:mad:

Is he implying that Dallas does have a tested QB? :insane:

For that matter, when was the last time McNabb wasn't on the triage list at one time or another?

exactly they would like everyone to believe that Romo sits to pee is a proven QB. HE HAS 3 MORE STARTS THAN CAMPBELL! wow three whole games is the difference between proven and unproven so by week 4 we should have a proven QB right? :doh: they need to get off the cowturds crotch and look at it OBJECTIVELY. :rant:

OMG how many games did Romo sits to pee play last season? and there making him seam like Peyton Manning! It annoys me so much!

This has been bugging me since Tony Romo sits to pee played his first game. It was like he was a football God before he even took a snap. He only has a few more games played than Jason Campbell, and at least JC got better while Romo sits to pee faded down the stretch. If they are going to toast Romo sits to pee as a proven QB, then I guess Alex Smith is Joe Montana, Matt Leinart is Tom Brady, and Vince Young is Randall Cunningham.

i agree with whats been said - philly def i would say is a better team right now. but america's team can kiss my ass. im not convinced they are better than us at all.

tgijef

filthy isnt better. their main RB CANT run the ball it must be thrown to him. yes, then hes good. mcnugget is injured half the time and i say our D looks as good so far. they got their rep when everyone else was weak and have declined since. Americas team of jerkweeds will believe their own press and be overconfident. the gints will suck due to....headcoach, girly man QB, shockey being overrrated, as is plexiglass. pound for pound we got them all beat. call me a homer, cause i am. but wait, watch and see. i will never give you i told you so bur i expect beer, lots and lots of beer

filthy isnt better. their main RB CANT run the ball it must be thrown to him. yes, then hes good. mcnugget is injured half the time and i say our D looks as good so far. they got their rep when everyone else was weak and have declined since. Americas team of jerkweeds will believe their own press and be overconfident. the gints will suck due to....headcoach, girly man QB, shockey being overrrated, as is plexiglass. pound for pound we got them all beat. call me a homer, cause i am. but wait, watch and see. i will never give you i told you so bur i expect beer, lots and lots of beer

You're such a homer...

and so am I! :cheers:

You're such a homer...

and so am I! :cheers:

ive never denied it, never will. and neither did you. heres to crushing the opposition. and by crushing i mean bringing the pain, offense, deffense and teams. we have got a team of bruisers, put the big hurt to 'em boys.

"im here to kick your ass, i know it, you know it, everyone here knows it and you deserve it"

or something close to that. first one that guesses the movie gets an $8 beer on me at FedEx.

1217 yards at 5.1 a pop says he can run the ball.

His 257 yards, 7.8 per carry, and 3 TD's in the playoffs says he can run the ball.

id love to have him. hes a lot like b mitch was with us back in the day. hes just not an every down back and does MUCH better when the ball is chucked to him in space. we ALL know....and fear...this part of phillys offense.

Archived