Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sirius 2-minute drill: Redskins actively pursuing WR Doug Gabriel

RedskinsSuperBowl21

a solid three exactly what lloyd brings to the table. Lloyd has shown he can be a number 2 bringing in Gabriel might cause some hostility inside the locker room.

What did Lloyd do last year to convince you or anyone else that Lloyd can be a solid #3 WR? Is 365 yards receiving, 1.9 catches per game and no TD's the criteria we are using now? Is that how bad the WR's corps are?

Who cares about tension. How about we get a WR next to Moss that can actually play ball or is that too much to ask?

I honestly think he's a GREAT fit as our #5 WR. Will he work his way up the depth chart and become a redzone threat for us? Maybe. But he's easily better and has more potential than anyone other #5 WR candidate we have on the roster.

He's a big dude, not only tall but very strong and compact (6-2, 215). Kind of in the Anquan Boldin mold. He's nowhere near that consistent yet, but this is the kind of guy that would be ideal for us if he can actually play.

Oh and for the record... everyone does realize that the FO pursuing a WR in free agency is not necessarily reflective of our starters, but of our bench. We literally have only 4 WRs worth keeping. At all. Almost all teams will keep 5. Therefore we need one more rosterable WR. I think Gabriel is good enough to make an NFL team.

It's hard to pay any attention to this team and not think we would pursue a big receiver to fill out our WR corps. You had to expect us to go after Gabriel or Reggie Williams.

50/50 is still floating around somewhere :laugh:

What did Lloyd do last year to convince you or anyone else that Lloyd can be a solid #3 WR? Is 365 yards receiving, 1.9 catches per game and no TD's the criteria we are using now? Is that how bad the WR's corps are?

Who cares about tension. How about we get a WR next to Moss that can actually play ball or is that too much to ask?

why did the skins get him then for the fun of it. He was expected to be a number two not because you said it but because the coaches did. why bring in someone who is exactly like Lloyd this will only bring up problems. lloyd crying to the press and wanting out. The same crap Gabriel brings is the same crap they have in lloyd.

The Raiders have a fairly decent situation at WR, so maybe he was the odd man out for some reason only their coaches know.

I follow the Raiders pretty closely, and DG was good and showed a lot of promise in his first stint in Oakland. When he went to NE, I think he got in Belichik's doghouse for something, and they wound up keeping him on the bench a lot.

He would be an upgrade over the other WRs the Skins have brought in the last couple months to compete for a spot (Bradford, Pinkston, McAddely).

Dear GOD, not another cast off from the New England Patriots....

PLEASE!!!!!

Vinny, if you're reading this... DO NOT do this. This guy couldn't cut it on a team where nobody is required to be anything special. We've already got the world's largest collection of #3 and #4 WR talent, we don't need another one. I don't care how tall he is or how fast he runs.

It's already been a lousy enough week; I don't need to cap if off by finding out that we've signed another reject from the Patriots. I'm not sure I could take that right now.

If you want someone that can play ball then you shouldn't be looking at this guy.

What we need is a #5 WR. We have four total WRs that are rosterable right now. That's not ideal.

Fine. We should go out and sign the 6'-6" kid who played at the local JuCo before we sign this worthless bag of crap. I'm sick and tired of signing the cast offs from a team that I absolutely hate on a truly deep level and believe does everything the wrong way.

I'll leave it at this... He'd be another Redskins player that I could not and would not root for.

If you went to UCF and don't remember him you must not have attended any of the games. He was a stud at UCF and has skills that we need in a receiver. Doesn't hurt to bring him in for a look since he has proven to be a decent NFL receiver and his size helps us in situational formations in the red zone.

Archived