Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sirius 2-minute drill: Redskins actively pursuing WR Doug Gabriel

RedskinsSuperBowl21

We flat out don't have 5 NFL receivers on our roster, so yes it relates to the confidence the coaches have in our receiving corps. It doesn't necessarily speak to their confidence in the top 4 though.

Line Cooley up as our 5th WR. Can't hurt anything

We can't have him...Brandon Lloyd would be too jealous of his music career. It'd be a bad locker room situation. Bad.

Maybe they could collaborate and come out with an album together. With the musical talent that these two guys obviously possess, they would be unstoppable.

He went to UCF (Central Florida). The Raiders cut him - so its not a trade he is a free agent.

In terms of size he is listed at 6-2 215 so he has decent size but his best year as a Raider he had 37 catches for just over 550 yards. He has had 3 catches his whole career over 40 yards. Admittedly he was playing for the Raiders so he had his work cut out to put up numbers in that offense .....

I guess he is better than anything else we have after the first 4 but I would wait and see who is let go after this weekend before I jumped in. If Reggie Williams IS cut I would be all over that.

I doubt Reggie Williams, Chris Chambers or Clayton is cut... if so... whoever cuts them are idiots. You go up to the final cutdown minute looking for a trade, if it doesn't happen, you keep the player. If we had a guy that had decent speed, hands and 6-2 215 - he would almost completely change our passing attack. We may go to a 3-wide scheme, a lot. With Moss, Lloyd, and Gabriel. You can't double all of these guys....

College Career

Personal Bio

Born in Miami, Florida and attended Dr. Phillips High School in Orlando ... Caught 31 passes for 16 touchdowns and averaged better than 25 yards per catch as a senior, earning All-State and All-Conference honors ... Returned two kicks and two punts for touchdowns.

Holy cow, he went to my school. Few years after me, though.

:D

Man... and this is the first time I've said this since the draft... but man, I wish we could have found a way to get Calvin Johnson.

Oh well.

This guy... if the Pats cut him mid season last year... he can't be very good. They were starving for WR's last year.

If it makes you feel any better, I got him in the 2nd round of my fantasy football team. :D :laugh:

What are you guys talking about. This guy sucks.. Even as a number 4 at vet min. The guy will be bagging groceries and playing flag football in 2 weeks talking about how great he was at one time. N.E. got rid of him for a reason, he sucks...

He costs us next to nothing. No draft picks. He comes in as the tallest and biggest WR we have on the roster. Don't know why you're so down on this.

This just shows the coaches have little to no confidence in Lloyd. The only reason we didn't cut Lloyd is all the guaranteed money we gave him. People wonder why we can't extend Cooley, stuff like this is part of the reason.

This has nothing to do with Lloyd. You're reading too much into this. And we're 6 million under the cap, so this doesn't affect Cooley in any way. The FO wants to finalize the roster going in to opening day and Cooley's contract will have to wait during the season.

This has nothing to do with Lloyd. You're reading too much into this. And we're 6 million under the cap, so this doesn't affect Cooley in any way. The FO wants to finalize the roster going in to opening day and Cooley's contract will have to wait during the season.

Thank You.

A lot of people complain that this team is too impatient with players, but want to dump players after one season the whole team struggled and replace them with players that other teams don't want.

Gabriel would be on the level of Bradford and Pinkston if he were brought in now. - Another player being given an opportunity to win the #5 spot. - He was gotten rid of three times in the past year, including by the Patriots who spent a draft pick on him last year and were desperate for WR's. - I would think that should be a red flag right there.

We flat out don't have 5 NFL receivers on our roster, so yes it relates to the confidence the coaches have in our receiving corps. It doesn't necessarily speak to their confidence in the top 4 though.

I think you're stretching it to say we have 4 NFL receivers. Moss and ALE are NFL caliber. Bradford may be done and, after last season, Lloyd is questionable.

If I were JG, I'd be looking to trade for a decent #3 receiver (and catching Hell from half the people on this board for supposedly throwing away a draft pick or trading away an emotional leader).

Archived