Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sirius 2-minute drill: Redskins actively pursuing WR Doug Gabriel

RedskinsSuperBowl21

Searched for this...

I heard it about 12pm today during Sirius Satellite Radio's 2 minute drill.

Can anyone give insight on Gabriel?

Does this cause concern about the confidence the coaches have in our current recieving corps?

Being from near the U of Miami could our current players be making a case for him?

http://www.nfl.com/players/douggabriel/profile?id=GAB606060

Does this cause concern about the confidence the coaches have in our current recieving corps?

We flat out don't have 5 NFL receivers on our roster, so yes it relates to the confidence the coaches have in our receiving corps. It doesn't necessarily speak to their confidence in the top 4 though.

He's okay i guess, nothing special. i don't think he's from the U though, i thought he played for UCF or USF, somewhere like that. In any event, if we aren't giving up more than a 6th or 7th round pick and they really believe he can play, then why not?

He went to UCF (Central Florida). The Raiders cut him - so its not a trade he is a free agent.

In terms of size he is listed at 6-2 215 so he has decent size but his best year as a Raider he had 37 catches for just over 550 yards. He has had 3 catches his whole career over 40 yards. Admittedly he was playing for the Raiders so he had his work cut out to put up numbers in that offense .....

I guess he is better than anything else we have after the first 4 but I would wait and see who is let go after this weekend before I jumped in. If Reggie Williams IS cut I would be all over that.

I had him on my FF team last year as a longshot sleeper (keeper league), so I paid pretty close attention to him. There must be something the coaches don't like. He played well for Oakland then got traded, played some in NE and I thought he did pretty good. Then NE gets rid of him and he heads back to Oakland where he gets cut. He must be doing something wrong that the average fan doesn't see because when in games the man produces.

IMHO he has good hands, has good field awareness and gets some tough yards after a catch. I'd like to see him in B&G.

Cheers!

Catches Yds ypc long TD

2006 30 428 14.3 45 3

Career 101 1550 15.3 58 8

Full Name: Doug Gabriel

Born: August 27, 1980

Miami, FL

Height: 6-2

Weight: 215 lbs.

December 13, 2006

Raiders claim ex-Patriots receiver Gabriel on waivers

Just one day after his release in New England, where he had fallen out of the Patriots' regular wide receiver rotation in the past month, Doug Gabriel has a new team.

Yes. This would be a great move.

He would be our 4th best WR off the bat and it won't cost us much. He also has size which would help in the redzone.

He looked to be on the verge of breaking out as a bigtime WR, but small injuries have derailed the positive momentum he had built up.

Man... and this is the first time I've said this since the draft... but man, I wish we could have found a way to get Calvin Johnson.

Oh well.

This guy... if the Pats cut him mid season last year... he can't be very good. They were starving for WR's last year.

I had him on my FF team last year as a longshot sleeper (keeper league), so I paid pretty close attention to him. There must be something the coaches don't like. He played well for Oakland then got traded, played some in NE and I thought he did pretty good. Then NE gets rid of him and he heads back to Oakland where he gets cut. He must be doing something wrong that the average fan doesn't see because when in games the man produces.

IMHO he has good hands, has good field awareness and gets some tough yards after a catch. I'd like to see him in B&G.

Cheers!

Could he be a bad character guy?

Archived