Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Last Mimzy/Eviromentalist propaganda

81artmonk

Rented this DVD thinking it was going to be good. It was basically some Eviromentalist wacko propaganda.

Premise: Future race of people, who we later find out, sends out nano-tech bunnies called mimzies to collect Unpoluted DNA in order to survive, and time travel.

In the movie an elementary school teacher indoctinates his class that all of us are destroying our planet and we have to do something. He is this throw-back 60's hippy type with sandals and tyedye shirts.

In the end we find out that the aliens who visit us are really humans but dress up in these alien suits because we have destroyed out planet so badly we can't survive without them. Thus the unpoluted DNA let's them clean up the planet and all is well again.

Conservation is a horrible idea.

You should have demanded your money back. How dare that film maker make a movie about something he believes.

~Bang

See I agree with you. or your point. But if they mask the movie as a kids movie like ET and hide what it is really about, I kinda don't like that.

There are two sources on the internet I suggest you try: google and imdb.

www.google.com

www.imdb.com

Both can supply basic plot synopses for movies as well as these things called ratings that tell how good or bad a movie is.

You can also search to find on of those "family values" front groups that will keep your sensitive eyes from being subjected to this type of liberal filth.

Here is the National Review's version: http://www.nationalreview.com/conservative_movies/conservative_movies.shtml)

And the Young Americans Foundation

http://www.yaf.org/resources/movies.asp

I liked it - it was a neat premise to the movie and fun to watch. And I saw nothing "environmentally wacko" about the movie or its its premise. Sure, there were certain themes to the movie, but let's not over-read into the movie.

I think some people are having a bit of a knee-jerk reaction, IMHO. Especially since folks attribute "environmental extremism" to nearly any and all efforts of environmentalism. Which, apparently some people do not realize that environmentalism also has to do with human quality of life and not just "tree hugging." You know, breathable air, drinkable water, and all that "liberal" stuff.

I am sure some of you pine for the good old days of James Watt, right?

I've found that human nature is pretty funny when posting on this board. You can share your opinion about something in an innocent manner and it will rub SOMEONE in the wrong way and invoke some hostile biased response.

Some people just can't understand that some people will just not like the plot of some movies. Or the underlying message. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't think it's us who need to get over it, but to those of you who flip over a simple opinion. it really makes me laugh and is pretty funny. :)

I've found that human nature is pretty funny when posting on this board. You can share your opinion about something in an innocent manner and it will rub SOMEONE in the wrong way and invoke some hostile biased response.

Some people just can't understand that some people will just not like the plot of some movies. Or the underlying message. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't think it's us who need to get over it, but to those of you who flip over a simple opinion. it really makes me laugh and is pretty funny. :)

A family movie, based on a book written in the 1940s, is "eviromentalist wacko propaganda".

And it's other people who are "biased". :laugh:

You posted a(nother) dumb opinion, presumably to stimulate a reaction, and you got it. Congratulations. :)

• 10 months later...
I decided to check up on post history for our "special" friend and it seems that anything he watches, he makes sure that there is no message about taking care of the enviornment.

Seriously, WTF is wrong with you?

81ArtMonk is basically the old MSF without the Archie Bunker charm.

IT MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH THIS.....

Rented this DVD thinking it was going to be good. It was basically some Eviromentalist wacko propaganda.

yup it might have something to do with your second thread in what 24..... 48 hours about us environmental wackos..... isnt it just a terrible thing that some of us want to preserve clean air and water for our kids?

IT MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH THIS.....

yup it might have something to do with your second thread in what 24..... 48 hours about us environmental wackos..... isnt it just a terrible thing that some of us want to preserve clean air and water for our kids?

:secret: look at the original post date

The Last Mimzy?? Did this movie even make $5 at the box office?? Isn't this the one that Dwight from The Office was in???

Can't we just go back to the days of attacking Bowling for Columbine or that Al Gore movie??

if even bush admits that we're causing problems to the planet then i think most of the people remaining are borderline anti-environment fanatics. so in essence, yea no.

Archived