Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

POLL: How Long Will Vick Sit In A Cage?

turbodiesel#44

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Was it a drug bust or a drug raid ?

Personally, I am unsure whether or not drugs were found on the property. To me that should be the bigger issue.

One of Vicks cohorts was busted for drugs, and the police served a warrant on the guys residence (Vicks house). Not sure if they found anything, but Vick has not been charged with any drug violations.

It doesn't matter, if you are serving a valid warrant and uncover anything illegal, you are required to follow up. And according to the feds, they have been looking at the dogfighting operation (and probably Vick) for a while now. The warrant may have been an opportunity the feds could not pass up. Somehow, the state prosecutor was reluctant to serve it, so the feds stepped in.

Was it a drug bust or a drug raid ?

Personally, I am unsure whether or not drugs were found on the property. To me that should be the bigger issue.

It was a raid connected to a drug bust of his cousin, but many of the reporting stories almost use "raid" and "bust" in interchanging fashion.

Where there's dogfighting and that element, there are commonly drugs. I don't know what the raid itself uncovered from that perspective, but I haven't read all the charges in the indictment. There must be. That's why all this RICO talk is ongoing.

Regardless, they can't just ignore an uncovered crime because they're supposed to be looking for something else. It's their duty to investigate.

It was a raid connected to a drug bust of his cousin, but many of the reporting stories almost use "raid" and "bust" in interchanging fashion.

Where there's dogfighting and that element, there are commonly drugs. I don't know what the raid itself uncovered from that perspective, but I haven't read all the charges in the indictment. There must be. That's why all this RICO talk is ongoing.

Regardless, they can't just ignore an uncovered crime because they're supposed to be looking for something else. It's their duty to investigate.

Fair enough.

RICO basically means being part of a crimal organization, it doesnt mean any drugs have to be involved.

And yes, I realize that other crimes aren't ignored when raids occur.

It will be interesting to see this all out.

I think it will only be a one year absense when all is said and done. Goodell will suspend him, Vick will do his time, Vick will be back by week 2 of the pre-season next year. Falcons won't release him, because even the rights to a scumbag are still tradeable.

I would think you should be the role model, and explain to your child why this is such a bad thing in your eyes. I loved sports figures in my lifetime, but never looked up to them as role models, because I never lived their lives, and never knew them as people.

I try the best I can to be a role model, but while my son sees my day to day imperfections, he is not exposed to them with for instance football players. My wife is a humane officer here in our state so trust me it has been explained to him why this is such a terrible cruel thing. I feel sorry for you if you have never looked up to a sports hero or someone famous as a role model while you were growing up it is alot of fun to pretend when your a kid but some of us were a bit too sheltered.

Archived