Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Held hostage by Comcast

SWFLSkins

I watched the NFL network yesterday and had no problems, when I went to switch over to the Skins/Titans game at 8:00 pm it was gone. I had to call and pay 5.00 a month to sign up right then and there for the sports package. This was without warning or notice. The operator said that my billing cycle started today. I am going to verify this obviously because of the timing.

I know everyone says go with the directtv package and they have more than convinced me now. Comcast has gotten away with stealing 5 bucks from me as far as I am concerned. Goodbye Comcast, you thieves.

$5.00 ? Go to the website, and it advertises for $1.99 per month. Also, how were you watching the NFL Network on Comcast without paying for the Sports Package?

It came with the middle package, I have it on 2 different channels since I have the sports package.

They just took it from me as well. I had it when I left for vacation last month, then it was gone when I got back.

My problem is this, I had an agreement to pay a certain amount for a certain service. Now I have to pay more for a service Comcast and I had already agreed upon?

I am just wondering if someone w/ legal experience can tell me how they can alter the agreement without any discussion between the two parties? I know I did not have a legal contract w/ them but I did have an agreement that should be binding, no?

$5.00 ? Go to the website, and it advertises for $1.99 per month. Also, how were you watching the NFL Network on Comcast without paying for the Sports Package?

+++++++++++++++++

That was my question, why suddenly was it off air? There was no answer other than they moved it to the package. So my big question was when? and why was I not notified in advance of a change in service? There was no answer to the last question. I order DTV today, and got the Sunday ticket, goodbye Comcast.

I was thinking the same thing. I pay extra a month just for NFL Network and the other sports channels. Loving the English Premiere League right now.

They just took it from me as well. I had it when I left for vacation last month, then it was gone when I got back.

My problem is this, I had an agreement to pay a certain amount for a certain service. Now I have to pay more for a service Comcast and I had already agreed upon?

I am just wondering if someone w/ legal experience can tell me how they can alter the agreement without any discussion between the two parties? I know I did not have a legal contract w/ them but I did have an agreement that should be binding, no?

No Legal advice, just my own experience with them on both sides of the fence.

You arent in a contract like you are with your cell phone or DirectTV. You have the option of terminating their service at any time. Because of the situation you agreed to and signed when taking the cables boxes, modems, or phone line into your home. You simply are paying for the service they are providing at that time, and that is why you are able to modify your service without penalty, infact with a pro-rate.

Sorry, I worked for Comcast many a year ago. :(

Comcast is a monopoly. IMHO, I dont think Comcast cares if you like the service they provide to the public or not, because you will pay for it anyways, out of convenience above anything else. Even people who cant afford DVR and HBO and and on demand have it because Comcast is willing to give it to them. Sure its expensive, but you get a cheap rate for three months because you are opening a new account. The hook is that after the promotion runs out, they switch you over to full price for the package you signed up for in the beginning. Unless you notice in your bills, the only thing that changes after your promotion is the price you pay.

Just flip out on them and say youre going to cancel. Say Directv doesnt charge a dime for it, you'll go to them.

They'll give it to you free, discount your monthly charge, and give you some freebie premium channels.

Cable companies are THE easiest to exploit for discounts, since competition is so high right now. They do anything they can to screw you, give it right back to em.

I watched the NFL network yesterday and had no problems, when I went to switch over to the Skins/Titans game at 8:00 pm it was gone. I had to call and pay 5.00 a month to sign up right then and there for the sports package. This was without warning or notice. The operator said that my billing cycle started today. I am going to verify this obviously because of the timing.

I know everyone says go with the directtv package and they have more than convinced me now. Comcast has gotten away with stealing 5 bucks from me as far as I am concerned. Goodbye Comcast, you thieves.

The game was televised on local tv. It was on channel seven for free. I have comcast and didn't pay jack to see the game. Even if they tried to charch me for channel 7, I could just unplug the cable box and get the local broadcast.

I think you got taken.

Finally joining the 21st century and dropping Comcast this weekend. Been nickel and dimed, lied to and just generally treated like they're doing me a favor long enough. Going Direct TV to tide me over until Verizon gets off its ass and gets my neighborhood wired for FiOS, probably w/in a year.

Comcast is slowly but surely losing its grip.

Comcast is a monopoly. IMHO, I dont think Comcast cares if you like the service they provide to the public or not, because you will pay for it anyways, out of convenience above anything else. Even people who cant afford DVR and HBO and and on demand have it because Comcast is willing to give it to them. Sure its expensive, but you get a cheap rate for three months because you are opening a new account. The hook is that after the promotion runs out, they switch you over to full price for the package you signed up for in the beginning. Unless you notice in your bills, the only thing that changes after your promotion is the price you pay.

Correction...Comcast was a monopoly. The local counties granted them a monopoly status for 8 or 10 years to offset the cost of them building their network, but that time frame is just about over. Very soon you will be able to choose your cable provider over the comcast network just like you can choose your long distance carrier.

The new 10,000 lb gerrilla is the fios folks. You see there are not legislation passed for fiber networks. So ATT&T or whoever lays your fiber doesn't have to ever let anybody use their network. Oh yea one more thing. When they install your fiber network, they rip out the copper wiring so even if you want to go back, you can't. :doh:

Fios is the most modern and fastest potential connection, but a lot of folks are going to be pissed a few years down the line when they realize the FIOS operator destroyed their copper wiring connections when they installed the glass.

Finally joining the 21st century and dropping Comcast this weekend. Been nickel and dimed, lied to and just generally treated like they're doing me a favor long enough. Going Direct TV to tide me over until Verizon gets off its ass and gets my neighborhood wired for FiOS, probably w/in a year.

Comcast is slowly but surely losing its grip.

You know the worst part of this statement is that they don't care what we think.

Archived