Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Flozell Adams shoves Troy Hambrick after Hutchinson fumble

goldenster95

From the Dallas Morning News . . .

Adams shoves Hambrick after fumble

One of the lowlights from Sunday's game came when left tackle Flozell Adams charged at running back Troy Hambrick in the end zone and shoved him backward five yards after both men appeared to give up a sack of quarterback Chad Hutchinson by Bruce Smith in the third quarter.

The sack resulted in a fumble recovered by Redskins linebacker LaVar Arrington for a touchdown and a 14-7 Redskins' lead.

"One of us has to hold our composure," Hambrick said. "And it wasn't worth fighting over. Maybe I was in as much wrong as he was. But that's the wrong place to fight. After the game or once we got to the sideline, we talked about it."

– Chip Brown

Dallas is a team that has been held together for a few years under the same head coach. It has not improved at all and appears to actually be getting worse along the way. The next coach there has a very big job to do. Only four players on that offense we saw yesterday are probably safe when the next coach comes in (Gurode, Walters, Bryant and Hutchinson). Of those, Gurode and Hutchinson have a long way to go and Gurode already smells of a bust in the making unless he improves his game substantially.

Defensively the Cowboys are better off but need corners badly and need to get better on the edges of the defensive line. We may be fighting for players at defensive end with them this offseason. In all you may see 30 plus players turned over in Dallas to field a team that may not be much improved next season but will feel like it's on the right track. Right now the Cowboys appear lost talentwise and without hope. Parcells will give them hope. If Jerry is still the personnel guy, they may not find the talent though.

Dallas is a team that has been held together for a few years under the same head coach. It has not improved at all and appears to actually be getting worse along the way.

Art, are you suggesting that continuity isn't the end-all, be-all in this league? Every time Spurrier's made any change, there's been a pack of media howling about continuity and stability.

I guess the Cowboys are a model of continuity - 5-11, 5-11 and 5-11. ;)

Originally posted by TennesseeCarl

I guess the Cowboys are a model of continuity - 5-11, 5-11 and 5-11. ;)

That's the kind of continuity I like to see! But, if they must shake things up ... I'd love to see if they can win LESS for a few years. :yes:

Parcells would do them some immediate good, but I couldn't imagine him staying around very long They could end up right back where they are in a few short years ... or worse. Oh the joy! :)

Originally posted by MRMADD

I don't think Parcells will do any IMMEDIATE good. He'll need a year or two to find some players. Dallas isn't a bunch of underperformers that need an inspirational coach -- they honestly aren't very good.

Parcell's would get 2 or 3 more wins out of the very same teams that just won 5 games for 3 years in a row for Campo. That's doing some good. Not saying they'd be in the playoffs right away, but I'd be willing to bet a tidy sum he'd have them playing better ball before he improved the team at all talent-wise.

I'm not so sure. He's got to assemble a coaching staff from scratch, and I think the team might take a step back before they take one forward. Is it possible for them to take a step back?

I think it was only with the Jets that Parcells had a significant improvement the next year, and he did it with a major talent infusion and some luck with Testaverde, if my memory is right.

TC,

Continuity isn't the end all. Continuity will simply tell you what type of team you actually have. If we're still playing as stupidly as we do now in two years, it won't be because we are just too unfamilar with everything to be a good team. It will be because we suck.

This is where Dallas is. They are a young team that has been under the same head man and they brought everyone of substance back and they added pieces and they should have improved but they didn't. The reason is because they weren't good.

Continuity will help a team if it is good. If we retain all our key guys and add a few pieces and don't improve in a couple of years, it'll be because we suck too. But, right now, we suck more due to the constant change than because of what we may or may not have in terms of players.

Archived