Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who will Mr.Spurrier Draft first in 02?

Tomahawk

I'd like to imagine Carr being around at the 18th pick, but he won't be. We could trade up to get Harrington which is a more realistic possibility. We might just stay right where were are and pick up a Leftwich, Davey, or Kittner.

I'm fairly confident he'll draft a QB, because that's his "thing." All of this depends on our GM, of course.

Guest fuji869

I think will try to move in the draft deal.gif to get one of the big name college QBs (Carr, Harrington) so Spurrier can start putting his stamp on the offense.

Of course they wont be ready to start this year so we will need a vet to fill in until then.

A great QB we could steal after round 1 is Dusty Bonner out of Valdosta State Div II. He was the heir apparent to Couch in Kentucky before he got into a fight with Mumme. He left and went DII so he wouldnt have to sit out a year. He's got all the tools.

Also, don't rule out the team taking a Qb in the second. Kiper says Kittner showed all the charachteristics of being a solid NFL QB. And Bonner isn't a bad option either, especially since Kentucky ran a similar "pitch and catch" offense as Florida....albeit not as successful.

With Spurrier's ego regarding his offense and the QB's that run it, I wouldn't be suprised if he took a QB in the later rounds and taught him to be successful just to show the league. Plus....let's use the first rounder on a "need" pick, like a young DE or DT.

I like Bonner too, as a 'value' pick around the 4th or 5th. The only knock on him is a slow, slow 40 time.

If Spurrier wants to run 3-4 WR sets, we'd better have some blocking inside. Trade down and take Garoude, the offensive lineman out of Colorado. Not a real sexy choice, but we need some help on the interior of the line.

Originally posted by Cskin:

Also, don't rule out the team taking a Qb in the second. Kiper says Kittner showed all the charachteristics of being a solid NFL QB.

With Harrington moving up from a mid first to early first prospect I wonder if that won't raise Kittner's value as well, possibly getting him into the late first round now.

Would've liked to see the first rounder spent on the DL and still come back with Kittner in the second, but its still early.

How about Eric Crouch? Heh Heh Heh... Snyder likes those big names so he could have a Heisman winner!

------------------

1992 fantasy commercial: Dale Hunter seated in Skins uniform # 58 slapping a football deliberately between each hand ... looks to his left and remarks "Thanks, Wilbur"... cut to shot of powerful dark skinned hands holding a hockey stick in front of his new Caps uniform..."no, thank YOU Dale."

We should go Linemen Szott will follow Marty to San Diego and Coleman has knee issues.

I remember that monster lineman from Colorado.

Too bad that 6'8 Giant from Miami wont be available for us the left side would be a great wall if we could get him.

------------------

This isn't love, it's an

Obsession.

Redskins football

I'd like to see a DT drafted with the first pick. I hear this draft is deep with them, so maybe a QB or OG would be a better pick.<br /><br />If this draft is really as deep as they say, we could just pick up a DT in the 2nd round. We definitely need to get a DT through the draft or free agency. Finding a DT that could hold his own aganist the run and get some push into the backfield aganist the pass would improve our already solid defense. <br /><br />A new DT would allow Lang to return to DE, where he might be better since he's played so well out of position. This would also allow Bruce to come off the bench and give more production since he would be rested.

Archived