Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Interesting stat Collins vs. Bramlet

wyominghansen

I am not at all a Collins fan, and I would love to see Bramlet...but an NFL Europe Trophy does not an NFL QB Make. :2cents:

OK here goes once again-Werner,Delhomme,Kitna,Johnson all NFL Europe, three Super Bowl Champions, not bad company to keep. It's not that hard to understand, NFL Europe is a notch below NFL, SPEED is the most of it. Not hard to pick up, there have been lots of others that have. Size, brains, been in the system as long as JC has with Saunders, proved that he can win. Does Collins/Jordan have all those attributes???

Bramlet has youth, Collins doesnt. we dont need collins around to teach the offense brunell has that job now him and campbell are in their second season in it. really do u want Todd Collins teaching campbell and bramlet about the position??

I suspect that Collins still knows the offense A LOT more than Brunell.

I'd still like to see one of the old guys cut and Bramlet vs Palmer for 3rd string. I do not like the idea of two 36+ year old backups at all. Bramlet has worked too hard since '04 and deserves more than two passes, so I wouldn't cut him yet. I said it before and I'll say it again, if we let him go, someone else will take him.

If I had my choice it would be JC, Bramlet and Palmer w/ TC coaching and MB in ATL for a fourth round pick.

We need to develop the young players and learn from the old ones.

The old ones should be teaching on the sidelines not on the field.

I honestly think brunell is way better than Collins. I remember this one pass in the preason game with the Bengals where we got an intentional grounding penalty when he threw it into a defenders chest on the 1 yard line and gave us a safety.

Brunell at least, Doesnt get alot of picks. replace collins with palmer..

Thank you. Especially seeing Collins' stats in the original post, I can't understand why folks would prefer him over Brunell. In all Collins years in the league, he is STILL unproven. He throws a lot of interceptions, and gets sacked a lot. In that same Bengals game you spoke of, he was running scared. Brunell obviously isn't what he used to be, but he doesn't make stupid errors to lose games. He can come in and manage the team to a couple of victories if Campbell goes down.

Collins got 1 more INT than Brunell (thruout the preseason). He also threw 54 ATT's (13.5 p/g avg.) compared to Brunell's 35 (8.8 p/g avg.). Both had 4 sacks. Collins ATT/Comp percentage was 59.3, Brunell's... 45.7. Overall ratings - Collins 78.8...Brunells 49.0.

Your gonna go by a Bengals preseason game where even Brunell threw an INT? Forget about the Ravens game where we would have had zero TD's thruout the pre? With an average of 5 more ATT's per game, Collins threw 55 more yards than Brunell per game.

Collins Bengal game... yeah, like Brunell's first Dallas, NY and Philly games last year were sooooooo much better. I'm not saying that I think Collins is THAT much better than Brunell. I just know that if Brunell ever has to go in for JC, we will see 2004 and 2006 all over again... even for that game. With TC, I'd rather have "Anything is possible."

I can guarantee you guys that Brunell will definitely beat out these two for the backup QB spot. In all the time he has spent with us going against 2nd and 3rd stringers in the preseason, I have yet to see Collins make a play. The guy can not play against NFL 1st string players.

If Brunell gets a serious injury where he cannot be the backup, I see the Skins going out and signing another QB.

Collins got 1 more INT than Brunell (thruout the preseason). He also threw 54 ATT's (13.5 p/g avg.) compared to Brunell's 35 (8.8 p/g avg.). Both had 4 sacks. Collins ATT/Comp percentage was 59.3, Brunell's... 45.7. Overall ratings - Collins 78.8...Brunells 49.0.

Your gonna go by a Bengals preseason game where even Brunell threw an INT? Forget about the Ravens game where we would have had zero TD's thruout the pre? With an average of 5 more ATT's per game, Collins threw 55 more yards than Brunell per game.

Collins Bengal game... yeah, like Brunell's first Dallas, NY and Philly games last year were sooooooo much better. I'm not saying that I think Collins is THAT much better than Brunell. I just know that if Brunell ever has to go in for JC, we will see 2004 and 2006 all over again... even for that game. With TC, I'd rather have "Anything is possible."

Collins also had the luxury of facing second and third string defenses while Brunell had to play the first stringers. That makes a huge difference. If Brunell is rested and healthy(which he should be as a backup), he can come in for a few games and do ok. Collins...not so much.

IMO Collins will be cut sooner rather than later because 5 QBS is unworkable ... Brunell and Collins were given game time in the scrimmage to see if they still had anything in the tank ... you all know the answer ... I stick to my guns ... Bramlet or Jordan will be #3 and the other will go on IR. The Brunell madness will end this year (and maybe Gibbs as well).

Collins also had the luxury of facing second and third string defenses while Brunell had to play the first stringers. That makes a huge difference. If Brunell is rested and healthy(which he should be as a backup), he can come in for a few games and do ok. Collins...not so much.

True, and Collins had to play WITH the second and third string offense. Huge differences all around. We've already seen Brunell. No one has a CLUE (even me) about Collins even though they THINK they do. I say... let's REALLY find out.

I know that NFLE is not the NFL. However, is a bad NFL career, better than a great NFLE season?

There is no such thing as a bad 12-year NFL career. You don't keep getting NFL paychecks for 12 years if you can't play.

It's really ridiculous to compare Todd Collins career with a season of minor league football.

Is Collins too old to play? That's a valid question I can't answer. But many QBs have thrived at his age and Collins doesn't have all the injuries and surgeries that plague most veterans (e.g. Brunell). So it's possible he has several years left.

Everyone wants to cut Collins so we can keep a promising young QB and groom him for the future. That's a fine idea and I support it completely but there is a catch. You need to have a promising young QB to keep. Otherwise you just cut a useful veteran to keep a useless youngster.

Is Jordan Palmer promising? Really hard to say. I sure hope so.

Is Casey Bramlett promising? I hope for the best but I expect the worst. The Bengals looked at him for an entire year and said "no". The Redskins cut him last preseason with barely a second thought. Then the other 31 teams ignored him all season which speaks volumes IMO.

If Bramlett gets cut in the next few days it will be because the Redskins coaching staff doesn't believe in him. That would be sad but I trust Gibbs and his staff more than NFLE stats.

Is Casey Bramlett promising? I hope for the best but I expect the worst. The Bengals looked at him for an entire year and said "no". The Redskins cut him last preseason with barely a second thought. Then the other 31 teams ignored him all season which speaks volumes IMO.

That's why it's safer to make Palmer 3rd string and have Bramlet on the PS (if the Skins want). At least he'll be available again next year if we want to have him back.

I can guarantee you guys that Brunell will definitely beat out these two for the backup QB spot.

Brunell could do worse than those two and STILL get the backup spot.

In all the time he has spent with us going against 2nd and 3rd stringers in the preseason, I have yet to see Collins make a play.

So I guess you missed last years pre against the Ravens?

The guy can not play against NFL 1st string players.

Well he used to in Buffalo... and since he's not slated here to be a starter... he still won't unless he's the backup and JC gets injured.

If Brunell gets a serious injury where he cannot be the backup, I see the Skins going out and signing another QB.

They won't go with Palmer or Bramlet as our 3rd stringer?

That's why it's safer to make Palmer 3rd string and have Bramlet on the PS (if the Skins want). At least he'll be available again next year if we want to have him back.

Bramlet is no longer practice squad eligible. - He is going into his 4th season this year.

Looking toward the future, I would cut or trade Collins and work with Bramlet and Palmer. I am deeply suspicious of the Redskins' intentions for Bramlet. First he "wasn't invented here," meaning the Skins didn't draft him. He was a free agent pick-up after his release by the Bengals. He played at a small school (Wyoming).

Second, I don't know how to evaluate NFL Europa teams. I didn't see them play and never heard of any of the players execpt the few sent there by the Redskins (Remember Hamden? Just disappeared, didn't he.). I wonder how a NFL Europa team would match-up against a BCS team.

That's the issue. World Bowl MVP is news worthy, but not very impressive to NFL front offices. Casey Bramlet: undiscovered talent, or the next Tim Hasselbeck?

You could ask the same question about Jordan Palmer. The only way to tell is to give them more reps and game time. There's not enough reps or time to go around, so I think the Redskins will go with the one they drafted.

One Factor domminates the QB situation, AGE. Both ends of the spectrum. Time for either Collins or Brunell to go. You pick. Other end of the spectrum, Bramlet & Palmer, if needed in a game this year who can handle it?? Consideration for the future, the fourth QB on the practice squad. That fourth QB---Troy Smith might become available.

Casy had the most TD's (15, 19 incl. the WB) and the fewest INT's (5) in NFLE, and he won and was the MVP of the World Bowl. While Olson had 11 TD's and 11 INT's.

Would you prefer a QB who wins the big game or the one that has a higher QB rating? That was one of the only stats that he was 3rd best.

O'Sullivan 103.1, 1997 yds, 7 int's, 15 td's

Meyer 100.6, 1384 yds, 6 int's, 12 td's

Bramlet 100.0, 1810 yds, 5 int's, 15 td's

Bramlet's completion percentage was mediocre at best... Bramlet didn't exactly make the other NFLE QBs look bad. It is a minor league at best. Face it and move on. Hasn't anyone on this site learned from Jesse Lumsden? We still have people touting his CFL numbers. Sheesh... Give it a rest. If he does well and earns a roster spot and can hold a clipboard this season, that's great... However, creating a fan club is ridiculous at this point. Some dorks have him as the #2 QB with Brunell holding the clipboard (as if)...

Bramlet is no longer practice squad eligible. - He is going into his 4th season this year.

Your right... my bad :doh: I thought it was you couldn't be eligible after 2 years in a row on the PS. Oh well, he's out anyways. I really don't want Palmer on the PS because another team COULD snatch him up. If it means for Collins to go to keep Palmer... then so be it. I really want Brunell to go instead but, AINT gonna happen.

Most definately yes. A bad NFL career is a step up from a great NFLE career. Thats why teams only send the players that WONT be playing to NFLE, so there isnt even a question there. NFLE players are those that arent good enough for the NFL yet.

Archived