Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Interesting stat Collins vs. Bramlet

wyominghansen

I was just checking out Collins career stats and noticed that he had 17 TD's and 19 INT's, and I was shocked that in his 12 year career that he only played in 40 games and started in 17. And I noticed that the last time he attempted a pass was 2004 (the year Bramlet was drafted) and in that game he was 1 for 5.

Then that got me thinking about Bramlet and the year that he had in NFLE (11 games including the World Bowl) in which he had thrown more TD's (19) and less INT's (5) than in Collins entire career.

I know that NFLE is not the NFL. However, is a bad NFL career, better than a great NFLE season?

Did Bramlet take snaps on the 11on11 drills, I was looking for him but I missed him.

Honestly I think Collins is better than people give him credit, he always moved the chains in preseason. Do I want him as my #1 QB no, but I think we should let Brunell go and keep Collins as our no. 2 or 3. I like Brunell as a back up, but he seemed to have less luster than the other QBs, maybe its situational with the Defenses though.

Did Bramlet take snaps on the 11on11 drills, I was looking for him but I missed him.

Honestly I think Collins is better than people give him credit, he always moved the chains in preseason. Do I want him as my #1 QB no, but I think we should let Brunell go and keep Collins as our no. 2 or 3. I like Brunell as a back up, but he seemed to have less luster than the other QBs, maybe its situational with the Defenses though.

Yeah they gave him two whole passing plays. One in which went for no gain, and one for 14 yards. I agree with your assesment of Collins in pre-season and esp. in the scrimmage. Right now, I would take Collins over Brunell.

However, I am guessing that Bramlet will be cut w/in the next few days. And we will keep the same roster as last season, with the addidtion of Palmer on the PS. At least this time Bramlet will have some game tape to show other teams.

I think the Bramlet man-love will be dead within the next two weeks when the guy is cut.

I have nothing against him, and if he makes the team or practice squad I'll definitely be rooting for him all the way, but I just don't see it happening.

Edit:

If i had my choice, it would be campbell, collins, and then palmer. Palmer threw that beautiful pass... skills without any coaching, perfect to groom.

Bramlet played and was 2 for 2, although he had one crappy pass that would have gotten his receiver leveled. Honestly, Given that everyone except Campbell got a look in 11-11 and everyone but Bramlet took more than 3 snaps (he was replaced by Palmer midway through his series) I would expect him to be cut, possibl as early as this week. Remember Gibbs said he had some decisions to make right after the scrimmage....

Not impressed with Collins and I think he should become a coach or something but it wouldn't surprise me if it went:

1. Campbell

2. Brunell

3. Collins

P.S. Palmer

I think the Bramlet man-love will be dead within the next two weeks when the guy is cut.

I have nothing against him, and if he makes the team or practice squad I'll definitely be rooting for him all the way, but I just don't see it happening.

Edit:

If i had my choice, it would be campbell, collins, and then palmer. Palmer threw that beautiful pass... skills without any coaching, perfect to groom.

Do you actually think Palmer could duplicate Bramlets performance in NFLE?

I do say this, there is a reason we have five QB's in camp. May the best man win. Campbell is the starter and I don't think Gibbs won't have at least one vet. So the battle is between Collins and Brunell, and betwenn Collins and Bramlet. (of course, IMO)

Bramlet has youth, Collins doesnt. we dont need collins around to teach the offense brunell has that job now him and campbell are in their second season in it. really do u want Todd Collins teaching campbell and bramlet about the position??

I bet your right (I hope not though), maybe some team would be willing to trade a late round pick for Bramlet (Atlanta maybe?)

Yeah, I would hate to see Bramlet go. But if he got the chance to PLAY somewhere else, then I hope he does.

I am really getting pissed about the way that we are handling him. I think the FO and coaches knew a while back if they were going to keep him or not. But, the way they have held on to both of their older vets so long. And the amount of playing time each of them recieved during the scrimmage is kind of a telling tale of who they will cut.

I wish that we would have given him a chance to shop around for a new team, kind of like O'Sullivan. Three days after he was released by the Bears after coming back from NFLE, the Lions picked him up.

Bramlet has youth, Collins doesnt. we dont need collins around to teach the offense brunell has that job now him and campbell are in their second season in it. really do u want Todd Collins teaching campbell and bramlet about the position??

Actually what I really want, wont happen.

#1 Campbell

#2 Bramlet

#3 Brunell

PS Palmer (to take over Brunell #3 next season)

Collins gone.

But if it came down to what I think will happen.

#1 Campbell

#2 Brunell

#3 Collins

PS Palmer

Bramlet gone.

Then I would like to see Collins over Brunell. Because it seems that he can move the chains a little better than Brunell right now.

I'd be leaning torward

1) Campbell

2) Collins (TC knows Al Saunders system better, Brunell knows the receivers better--slight edge to TC because he costs less, but I wouldn't be bothered to see Brunell here)

3)Palmer (Looks less scared on the field, I don't know but Bramlet seems to be holding back during the open practices)

P.S. Bramlet

This way we have two young guys to learn from someone knowledgable about the system, and who is approachable. My theory is one of the two youths will pan out to be at least a good back-up, keep them both and find out which one, so Campbell will have a good young gun (that didn't cost much in terms of draft picks) backing him up when Brunell and Collins both retire.

I honestly think brunell is way better than Collins. I remember this one pass in the preason game with the Bengals where we got an intentional grounding penalty when he threw it into a defenders chest on the 1 yard line and gave us a safety.

Brunell at least, Doesnt get alot of picks. replace collins with palmer..

I honestly think brunell is way better than Collins. I remember this one pass in the preason game with the Bengals where we got an intentional grounding penalty when he threw it into a defenders chest on the 1 yard line and gave us a safety.

Brunell at least, Doesnt get alot of picks. replace collins with palmer..

Thank you. Especially seeing Collins' stats in the original post, I can't understand why folks would prefer him over Brunell. In all Collins years in the league, he is STILL unproven. He throws a lot of interceptions, and gets sacked a lot. In that same Bengals game you spoke of, he was running scared. Brunell obviously isn't what he used to be, but he doesn't make stupid errors to lose games. He can come in and manage the team to a couple of victories if Campbell goes down.

NFLE statistics are about as worthwhile as college... There were 2 other Quarterbacks who had just as good, if not better, seasons in NFLE as Casey Bramlet... It's likely that only Drew Olson (Ravens) from NFLE has a shot, and his shot will probably go to Troy Smith.

Casy had the most TD's (15, 19 incl. the WB) and the fewest INT's (5) in NFLE, and he won and was the MVP of the World Bowl. While Olson had 11 TD's and 11 INT's.

Would you prefer a QB who wins the big game or the one that has a higher QB rating? That was one of the only stats that he was 3rd best.

O'Sullivan 103.1, 1997 yds, 7 int's, 15 td's

Meyer 100.6, 1384 yds, 6 int's, 12 td's

Bramlet 100.0, 1810 yds, 5 int's, 15 td's

With all this Collins-bashing going on, I sometimes wonder if Collins has really ever had a decent chance to show his stuff. All his career, he seems to be be in the wrong situation to become a starter (behind Green in KC, and behind Brunell and then Campbell in DC)

True, Collins doesn't have the rocket arm, but he seems to know how to throw a catchable ball and reputedly can run the Saunders offense very well. (Mainly, because the Saunders offense is not about bombing it, more like making quick descisions and accurate throws.)

I say this, because since Collin's been here -- I've never seem what he could do working with the first-string. The only times I've seen him play was in preseason and he usually was running the offence with the lower-rated backups and soon-to-be-cut players. Under those circumstances, it's hard to look good, because the protection isn't there and the hot receivers aren't always where they are supposed to be.

I wonder about Collins because Saunders must have seen something in Collins -- he kept him around all these years. And Collins did have that full year as the starting QB for a poor Buffalo team. (While his numbers were so-so, it was obvious that Collins was a better fit for something like the Saunders offense.)

Anyhow, it really doesn't matter now, because I suspect we'll never find out about Collins. I'll bet we cut Collins this year, to keep a younger player.

I was just checking out Collins career stats and noticed that he had 17 TD's and 19 INT's, and I was shocked that in his 12 year career that he only played in 40 games and started in 17. And I noticed that the last time he attempted a pass was 2004 (the year Bramlet was drafted) and in that game he was 1 for 5.

Then that got me thinking about Bramlet and the year that he had in NFLE (11 games including the World Bowl) in which he had thrown more TD's (19) and less INT's (5) than in Collins entire career.

I know that NFLE is not the NFL. However, is a bad NFL career, better than a great NFLE season?

I am not at all a Collins fan, and I would love to see Bramlet...but an NFL Europe Trophy does not an NFL QB Make. :2cents:

Archived