Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Bias On View For Everyone Tonight Folks

bulldog

those hacks Berman and Jackson were up to their old tricks again:

when discussing the Redskins season they mentioned how 'disappointing' it was and how the 'team needed to do a lot of work in the offseason' finishing at 7-9.

no mention was made of the fact the team won its last two games or had good performances from a number of younger players that stepped up and didn't quit..................

meanwhile:

the Chargers wilt to 8-8? 'a young team full of promise that will be back, you can count on that'................. :)

David Carr? 'the guy showed a lot of talent and poise for a first year player and will only get better'.............no mention of Ramsey being counted on to do the same...........

The Saints after the swoon to 9-7 from 6-1? 'this team faced a lot of adversity, but with the talent of its younger players will be a factor for some time'.................. :)

Don't ya just love it?

Here we are sitting on a group of quality younger players in DC, 3 of whom under 25 that are going to the Pro Bowl in February, and nary a nice comment about our future from anyone, eh? :shootinth

Ok first of all, almost every major media outlet predicted 6-10 or worse for us this year. Secondly, Shane Matthews/Wuerfull/Rookie as a QB tandem can only get you so far. After the performance of our D the last 2 weeks, it certainly finished well into the top 10. Our offense was putrid, but that came as NO suprise to ANYONE. I remember guys on ESPN as well as FOXSports, CNNSI, CBSPORTSLINE etc....saying, "Spurrier will be fine as soon as he gets the personnel he needs to execute his offense" 7-9 is better than approx 50% of what coaches do when in their first year they inherit an 8-8 team still suffering for salary cap blunders.....

I loved watching Fox. Jimmy Johnson said Patrick Ramsey may not be the answer in Washington and the Redskins were still searching for a future QB. Howie Long said Hutchinson really showed some things toward the end of the season to give Dallas hope. Amazing really :)

I get tired of so called experts letting personal agenda's "twist" the facts. I also "love" the way they take statement out of context, then blow the statemnet completely out of porption, and start assuming he will do this and that, in reality their complaintst had nothing to do with his orginal statement. It has been like a witch hunt at times. I believe Fox had to take Bill Maas off Redskin games for his constant bashing through out the entire game.

Let them keep bashing Spurrier, he will take even more pleasure sticking it to them when the Redskins become a playoff team. :silly:

bulldog...while I agree with you on the bias...fact is this was a hosed up season and we had every right to expect better. the offense never gelled...there was no consistent performance....much less personnel. SOS spent the entire season learning the ropes. for the money spent on coaches and payers we should have done better. the two victories were against teams with 4 and 5 victories respectively - big whoop!! but this is proverbial water under the bridge. I maintain that if we have a vision in the FO that is executed well and marries up with the coaching philosophies we are going to be very good next year. we now have a QB (even though he was shaky yesterday) and that is the foundation all good teams require.

Being a fan for almost 30 years one thing I have noticed is that the Redskins are a team that does not get much love from the Media.

Look at it when our greatest player finishes his career after 20 seasons no Darrell Green Marathon on ESPN Classic, No Beyond the Glory or Sports Century Top 50 and Beyond.

The Redskins never got the love from the media, even during our glory days. :finger:

Originally posted by fansince62

SOS spent the entire season learning the ropes. for the money spent on coaches and payers we should have done better.

If spurrier has indeed learned "the ropes" in one year of NFL coaching I think we can be happy. He felt his way around a lot this year. This season was all about spurrier getting a feel for the NFL, and I think he has found it. Fact is he was a first year coach and he looked like one.

It's like that scene in the matrix where neo tries to jump across the buildings. No one makes it thier first time. Not even the one.

-DB

FanSince62, I do not agree that Ramsey was 'shaky' yesterday.

The one mistake he made was the throw that was picked by Williams, but it was so deep into Dallas territory on a long ball there is no excuse that 11 Washington players, including 2 backs and 2 receivers should not have gotten him down before he scored :)

The other pick came off a deflection, not his fault.

He drove the team down the field numerous times only to be stabbed in the back by receivers who dropped catchable balls or in Thompson's case, fumbled the possession away.

And then there was the Betts' fumble at the goal line.

With some sharper play from the receivers and backs yesterday the Skins should have had 35 points on the board.

Sonny noted in the postgame show that there were NINE dropped passes, and yet Ramsey finished 17 for 31 for 209 yards.

Imagine what those numbers would have looked like with the receiving corps showing up for the game :)

let me rephrase......agreed on the drops.....at the game it seemed that PR was slow off the gun in the first half - a pattern for him. you could also see where he made some bad reads and forced the ball into traffic. all part of the learning process. hard to explain, but he didn't look crisp.

he's just a rook...but I'ld like to see him become more assertive in the huddle. now...a rah rah guy may not be required...but he still seems to be rather quiet and methodical. he needs to bring more emotion to the huddle....just an observation from a distance in anticipation of those big games where the playoffs is on the line and tehre's 1:08 to go in the game!!

One announcer during game with Summerall said "Teams better get their licks in on Spurrier now because this will be the only time they will be able to.

My disappointment was that we gave the game away to the 9ers, Pack,cowpokes, and giants.

Even with all of the comedy of errors this team should have won 4 more games.

We resign a couple of guys and address some holes on the team and I cant see why we cant be in the playoffs and have 11 wins.

Archived