Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

redskins resign Flem???????

tulaneqb7

I was scratching my head over that one earlier in the day :rolleyes:

Flemister has capabilities as a receiver but he is very inconsistent and seems to be a moody ballplayer that takes plays off at times.

Spurrier had to sign off on this one, may be he has plans for #89? :laugh:

The last two years I thought Flemy had alot of potential, but this year he seems to have caught a case of stone hands. Maybe he'll come around, with the exception of Royals (and who knows how good he is) Flemy is about all we have. I miss ole James Jenkins, he wasn't much of a reciever, but he was dependable as a blocker.

This could be part of the plan to retain young guys with potential that need to be "coached up". Flemister certainly showed talent in year one and two, yet he has been a disappointment this year. His mental lapses and dropsies could be the result of thinking to much and not just playing. Another year in the offense and coaching by the staff and he could be a solid TE for us.

Plus, it's not like his signing was totally out of line. I'll take a young kid with potential and a fair contract over a bloated contract of an aging vet anyday.

well, that's good.....we aren't planning on starting him in 2003 :)

the only problem is he already has started half the games for us this season :laugh:

and if not Flemister starting in 2003, then who from the cast of characters, considering we aren't going to spend money on the position in free agency?

Royal who missed the entire season? Rasby who at 32 is a good blocker but has hands of stone? Stephens, the guy who can't learn how to line up as a member of the punt team? :)

Archived