Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Glad for Browns,Jets & laughing at Saints,Dolphins

Rdskns2000

Looks like the Jets will win the afc east, meaning the Browns are the 6th seed against Pittsburgh next week.

Good for both of them. I think I picked the Jets to win the east, will to look back at my preseason picks. After all that has happened to the Browns fans- good for them to taste the playoffs. It will be a quick exit though.

AS for the Jets, they found their franchise QB in Pennington.

I hope Patrick can show us that next season.

On the flipside, what a joke the Dolphins and Saints are. Here the Dolphins finally get a running game for the first time since the 70's and they miss the playoffs.

The Saints choke away the season for 2 straight years- is Haslett on the way out?

Yes, and to think Pennington sat on the bench for two years behind Testerverde before ever starting a game. The kid has moxy, and I love his play-action fakes and touch on his passes. He's definitely going to be an elite QB in this league for awhile.

I hope Ramsey progresses as nicely as he as well. With an offseason of film work, conditioning, and S2/Brindise coaching, Ramsey may look quite a bit different come minicamp. Add that to a full training camp of starter snaps and we may just see the NEXT elite QB in the league. A man can dream can't he?

The Dolphins pulled their usual choke job. How often have they looked good in Sept-Oct only to falter down the stretch? Seems like an annual thing.

As good as Ricky Williams has been, how much have they ultimately improved as a team? Not much.

There are always teams that need just "one more piece" according to the media. In the AFC it's the Dolphins, and in the NFC it's the Bucs.

Gee Phins, you have Norv Turner and Ricky Williams now...shouldn't you be in the Super Bowl?

The Bucs have Gruden, McCardell, Keyshawn, Brad Johnson, the list goes on and on...let's see if they can make it this year.

That Dolphins game was amazing. I was at a Dolphins bar watching the Skins and caught most of that game out of the corner of my eye.

I thought Norv took over as head coach during the last 5 minutes, the team completely imploded.

After the Pats cut it to 3 (with help from a huge BS interference call), Travis Minor just watches the kickoff bounce at the 3 yd line then finally realizes its a live ball and has to pick it up, getting tackled immediately. The Dolphins then call 3 pass plays in a row rather than give the ball to Ricky. Then Royals gets off a beautiful 23 yard punt. The Pats tie the game on a field goal. The Pats win the toss for OT and Mare kicks the ball out of bounds! Pats get the ball at the 40 and drive for the game winning field goal.

This game soooo reminded me of a Norv Turner style game we've experienced so many times.

By the way, my roommate received his two Dolphins playoff tickets in the mail on Wednesday...guess he won't be needing those. :laugh:

You forgot about what a joke the Packers are on the road choking away home field advantage in an butt-whooping by Herm & the boys.

Favre is 4-4 on the road this year with only 1 of the 4 wins against a winning team. No Lambeau refs for them.

If they get past the Falcons they will go 0-6 at Ray Jay the next week.

BTW congrats on finally getting that Cowboy win, I know that must make the whole season worthwhile for the fans. Hopefully the Bucs can help screw the Cowboys with the Parcells thing too.

Well the Jets did have a lot more the play for than the Packers, and you could just tell they were fired up. I hate the Packers, so I figured I'd watch the game just in the hopes that Favre would do something stupid and lose and shot of winning the MVP (which he shouldn't win anyway). But from the moment they showed the Pats vs Fins final on the scoreboard until the final 00:00, the Jets were playing with 150% of their potential.

It was nice to see, considering we've been watching the Redskins go on the field with mostly 75% performances for years now.

Well my other half is laughing and talking smack about how the Raiders can catch greyhound to the SuperBowl.

The only teams I can root for in the NFC to make it to the big dance are GreenBay, the Falcons and :puke: philly.

Doesnt matter since it looks like the AFC has it sown up and either my brother (Steelers fan) or Mrs ND(Raiduhs fan) will be throwin it in my face.

Archived