Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Daryl Gardener Has Monster Game

bulldog

yeah, we all know he was facing Ross Tucker and a rookie center, but Gardener still had one of the most impressive games for a DT in a Redskins uniform in recent memory today.

this guy is THE most important player to get resigned in the offseason now that we have Jansen in the fold.

we can win games without Derrius Thompson (he of the many drops today) and we can survive the loss of Stephen Davis, but without Gardener this line is back to where it was in previous years, without the franchise player to anchor things.

Bruce Smith said in the postgame show that he could tell early on that the Cowboys linemen didn't want any part of Gardener.

And really as a Redskins fan used to seeing that kind of look on the faces of REDSKINS players when facing Larry Allen, that is about as good as it gets :D

I concur on Gardener, today he looked like a possessed beast throwing around boys in order to eat their boy scout leader.

But, I'd also like to point out the game Powell had. The guy has one heck of a motor, and he was pressuring Hutch about as often as Gardener and the rest of the DL. With Wilky being released, we may have a nice tandem of Powell and Garderner inside with Cowsette off the bench. I'm still in favor of drafting a stud DT in the first round, specifically Dewayne Robertson of Baylor. Those two with Powell possibly moving to end would go along way towards keeping our DL as stout as anyone's in the league.

the key to Powell at 272 is to keep him fresh by limiting his reps over a number of games. you can't run him 40-50 plays a game on a regular basis, he will be eaten up. But limited to the occasional start and a rotation where he gets 20-30 plays he can be effective.

he is another player that is a free agent that the team has to make a decision about in the offseason.

we were about to annoint Derrius Thompson after his recent strong play and then he goes out and drops 4 or 5 passes today.

I agree bulldog. Gardener was a load today, as he has been all year. It's been a mighty long time since we had the middle plugged up like that. Brings back memories of a certain guy with a scratched up hat.

We have to resign this guy.

I am going to go ahead and echo the general feelings on D. Gardener. He needs to be resigned. Daryl, made me forget about that biggest flop ever in Stubblefield and showed the rest of our line how to attack an offense. Not only was he the man, but he also helped the rest of the line play better.

When asked about resigning players at the post game press conference, S.S. stated that the team was in fact in the process of trying to sign Gardner. As well as Tre. He said that Darius Thompson needed to be signed on as well. :cheers:

Originally posted by DrunkenBoxer

Orange, the fact is that chronic back problems are a problem. If he won't sign an incentive based deal that is friendly to the skins in case of career ending injury, he needs to go somewhere else.

However he has said that he will accept such a deal and I want to see one.

-DB

That was in the back of my mind, but at the beginning of the year Lenny the Hutt made it sound like he was going to be out for the entire season.

:laugh: Lenny P. :laugh: :laugh:

what a joke. At this point why bother reading the comics when you have this guy...

:laugh: :laugh:

No, the gardener signing was excellent. I just hope that we can build a strong D-line around him so that when he leaves (He isn't that young) we'll be okay. The guy has been nothing short of amazing this year. Congrats to him.

:cheers:

-DB

If he is healthy he is a must sign.

Darn shame BDW rubbed S double the wrong way and it appears even if he reworked his contract he isnt going to remain here.

Now if we can see the fire on the defense like this every game its gonna be sweet.

But the offense and special teams needs alot of work

Archived