Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Novacek Throws Parcells Under The Bus, Too!

tr1

Here's the thing I keep going back to in my mind:

If I were a Cowboy fan (shudder), and somebody else beside Bill Parcells had been the coach over the last 4 years but was gone, and there were 2 candidates for the job- Bill Parcells and Wade Phillips... I and EVERY SINGLE Cowboy fan on the face of this planet would choose Parcells in a second and fall down laughing at the thought of having Wade Phillips.

No matter what any Dallas fan comes on here and posts in response to this, if they try to disagree they're LYING. Flat-out.

I totally agree and have mentioned that to our Cowboy fans. They usually ignore these statements though Chachie.

Now Norv versus Parcells, that's a different story!:laugh:

There's no doubting the fact that Wade is a different man than Parcell's. My question to skins fans is what do you think of the results Camp Parcell's brought to Dallas. We came out of the gates with a 1-3 opening game record under Parcell's and lost steam down the stretch in all 4 years as well. Parcell's teams underachieved each year. Either this team responds well to Wade's change of pace style or we're going 5-11. Something has got to give. Should be interesting.

Yep, coming off of three straight 5-11 seasons I can see how you would say that 10-6, 6-10, 9-7, and 9-7 is underachieving. My question to you Poke fans is did you ever consider the fact that these teams greatly OVERACHIEVED?

Here's the thing I keep going back to in my mind:

If I were a Cowboy fan (shudder), and somebody else beside Bill Parcells had been the coach over the last 4 years but was gone, and there were 2 candidates for the job- Bill Parcells and Wade Phillips... I and EVERY SINGLE Cowboy fan on the face of this planet would choose Parcells in a second and fall down laughing at the thought of having Wade Phillips.

No matter what any Dallas fan comes on here and posts in response to this, if they try to disagree they're LYING. Flat-out.

umm Parcells quit he wasnt one of the choices

It was Wade Phillips or Norv Turner and EVERY SINGLE Skins fan on the face of this planet would choose Phillips in a second and fall down laughing at the thought of having Norv Turner.

It seems wrong when all players are lax and bubbling. They are supposed to be in deep training mentally and physically.

I agree it will be interesting to see how they respond.

It's pretty laughable to think that Wade Phillips is running some vacation day spa when most of the teams in the league are treating their players in a similar fashion....giving guys over 30 or those that are injury risks a rest when necessary.

http://www.patriots.com/search/index.cfm?ac=searchdetail&pid=26604&pcid=44&special_section=tc2007

"Friday, Moss wasn’t on the field. The veteran pass catcher appeared to have tweaked his hamstring yesterday trying to fetch a flea-flicker from Tom Brady. As expected, Moss wasn’t on the field for Thursday’s morning practice and it’s unknown when he’ll return to action.

Other players not in attendance on Thursday morning were the guys still on PUP – Troy Brown, Chad Jackson, Richard Seymour, David Thomas, Eddie Jackson, Donte’ Stallworth – along with Kyle Brady, Rashad Baker and Garrett Mills."

I wonder how the Pats can possibly make the playoffs with Club Belichick running up there.

YAKUZA

Yep, coming off of three straight 5-11 seasons I can see how you would say that 10-6, 6-10, 9-7, and 9-7 is underachieving. My question to you Poke fans is did you ever consider the fact that these teams greatly OVERACHIEVED?

They overachieved in 2003, but after that I don't think they really played to their potential. Not that it was all Bill's fault either.

YAKUZA

It has been interesting to watch the media jump on the Club Wade and Club Med phrases as well as the consistent references to a lax environment.

Why are you Dallas fans so upset with Redskin fans making the references? It's not like you wouldn't do the same.

BTW it sure adds to the fun of the board!!!:silly:

New recipe for the season.

1 Team that hasn't won a playoff since the middle of Bill Clinton's presidency(10 Years)

1 Coach who as Head Coach, has never won a playoff game in his life.

1 Wide Receiver who acts like he should get the attention of a QB or RB.

1 QB with 10 starts and 9 fumbles

1 Safety with a knack of giving up big plays in big situations

Bake in the Texas sun at about 350 degrees for 45 min

There you have a team picked AGAIN to do something different than they have for over a decade. That D better learn Wade's system quick, because they'll have to carry the offense.

It has been interesting to watch the media jump on the Club Wade and Club Med phrases as well as the consistent references to a lax environment.

Why are you Dallas fans so upset with Redskin fans making the references? It's not like you wouldn't do the same.

At a Dallas bar Dec 30th around midnight after a tough loss in Washington to end the season

Seen singing to himself at the end of the bar in between sips of a rather large drink we catch up with Wade Phillips

"Wasting away in Margaritaville....

searching for my lost shaker of salt

Some people claim that Parcells is to blame

but I know

It's my own damn fault"

At a Dallas bar Dec 30th around midnight after a tough loss in Washington to end the season

Seen singing to himself at the end of the bar in between sips of a rather large drink we catch up with Wade Phillips

but I know

It's my own damn fault"

Excellent! :applause: :dallasuck :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

but I know

It's my own damn fault"

:laugh:

Don't know the reason, I stayed here all season

Nothing is sure but this brand new Jerrah tattoo

But it's not a real beauty, it's Jerrah, a nudie

How it got here I haven't a clue.

"Wasting away in pokefanville....

searching for my lost dignity and some salt

but I know

It's my own damn fault"

:laugh:

Don't know the reason, I stayed here all season

Nothing is sure but this brand new Jerrah tattoo

But it's not a real beauty, it's Jerrah, a nudie

How it got here I haven't a clue.

"Wasting away in pokefanville....

searching for my lost dignity and some salt

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:notworthy

Where was all of this hate for BP last year? Every cowBoy fan on this site was portraying him as the second coming of Christ. You puke fans turn on a dime, huh?

Kingfish, you can't be that stupid. EVERYONE knows that as long as a player or coach or bad haircut is on the Cowboys, then he's a GOD, but that as soon as he leaves, he is the worst thing to ever happen to the team.

DUH!

Patriots have won 3 of the last 6 SB's. They can takle a trip to Hawaii if they want to.

So you're telling me that Belichick doesn't care to win another Lombardi?

I thought the point of training camp was to be mentally and physically prepared enough so the team can win the Super Bowl. Obviously Belichick doesn't care anymore.

YAKUZA

Kingfish, you can't be that stupid. EVERYONE knows that as long as a player or coach or bad haircut is on the Cowboys, then he's a GOD, but that as soon as he leaves, he is the worst thing to ever happen to the team.

DUH!

Thanks for setting me straight NewCliche. I've been off my pain meds for a couple of weeks. Guess my head's still not right. lol. :dallasuck

So you're telling me that Belichick doesn't care to win another Lombardi?

I thought the point of training camp was to be mentally and physically prepared enough so the team can win the Super Bowl. Obviously Belichick doesn't care anymore.

YAKUZA

Leave it to a Cowboys fan to not understand a post. He was saying that Belichick's system, whatever the hell it is, is proven and nearly flawless. Wade, on the other hand, has won as many playoff games than WMDs were found in Iraq. Seems like there's more hype for him to win it all than there was for warehoues full of VX, eh?

DUH!

Cowboys fans turned on Parcells from time to time during his tenure. Many turned on him when they went 6-10 in 2004, turned on him when they failed to make the playoffs in 2005 and turned on him in December of 2006 when the team fizzled. And there were two consistent gripes:

1. He doesn't relate to today's players.

2. He's too conservative/vanilla/predictable.

I didn't agree with those assessments myself (well, perhaps #2, but only on defense), but if you observed Dallas Cowboys message boards during these time frames there were a fair share of Cowboys fans that felt that way. And it's pretty obvious that most Cowboys fans are glad that Parcells came to Dallas, but think it was time for him to step down.

Of course the same could be said for the Redskins, like the countless threads on this board and other Skins board calling for Gibbs' head in 2004, early 2005 and 2006 along with ripping into players they previously bowed to like Pierce, Smoot, Lavar, Champ, etc. once they left town.

The reality is that questioning coaches, be it current or former coaches and ripping into former players once they leave happens all of the time to every single team in the NFL.

YAKUZA

I dont see anyone upset. I am amused that you guys call cowboys camp "club med" and yet our camp is harder than yours. guess joe is to busy with nascar to worry about doing 2 a days or anything like that :)

I dont see anyone upset. I am amused that you guys call cowboys camp "club med" and yet our camp is harder than yours. guess joe is to busy with nascar to worry about doing 2 a days or anything like that :)

Your camp is harder than ours? We don't do two-a-days? Have you been taking too many bull rides, Cowboy?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/26/AR2007072602239_pf.html

And who in their right mind, Cowboy fan or otherwise, would say that Phillips's camp is tougher than Joe Gibbs's?

What an idiotic post.

:jerk:

Leave it to a Cowboys fan to not understand a post. He was saying that Belichick's system, whatever the hell it is, is proven and nearly flawless. Wade, on the other hand, has won as many playoff games than WMDs were found in Iraq. Seems like there's more hype for him to win it all than there was for warehoues full of VX, eh?

The thing is that "Club Wade" is common around the league. Joe Gibbs has rested Marcus Washington, Shawn Springs, etc. The same could be said for the Ravens who are sitting out Ogden, Gregg, and others.

And if Belichick's system is so flawless and this sitting out of the players is supposedly part of his system, wouldn't it make sense for Wade to follow Belichick's blueprint?

YAKUZA

Your camp is harder than ours? We don't do two-a-days? Have you been taking too many bull rides, Cowboy?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/26/AR2007072602239_pf.html

And who in their right mind, Cowboy fan or otherwise, would say that Phillips's camp is tougher than Joe Gibbs's?

What an idiotic post.

:jerk:

You guys are doing 4 two a days I already know this as I stated in another thread.

We have more two a days scheduled and are not givng the players a day off.

So whats harder more 2 a days and no days off or camp joe?

The article you posted says nothing about how hard the skins camp has actually been. Redskins fans I know are worried Joe is coddling the players to much.

The thing is that "Club Wade" is common around the league. Joe Gibbs has rested Marcus Washington, Shawn Springs, etc. The same could be said for the Ravens who are sitting out Ogden, Gregg, and others.

And if Belichick's system is so flawless and this sitting out of the players is supposedly part of his system, wouldn't it make sense for Wade to follow Belichick's blueprint?

YAKUZA

Resting players coming off of injury is a bad idea?

Belichick isn't winning BECAUSE he rests his players. He does enough in the time that he works with them SO that he can rest his players. You know what I mean?

Archived